Weight loss anyone?

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Buda
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By BridgetHB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
I had an OB appointment today and im down 3 pounds. Im 32w1d along. I have only gained a total of 12 pounds this pregnancy, at this stage in DD's pregnancy I was up like 25 pounds. My OB asked how I was feeling and asked about babies activity. He has been kicking like crazy as always. She said as long as I feel okay and baby is moving a lot then she is not concerned. Of course I asked "Dr. google" bad idea but there were a lot of stories of women not having enough fluid for baby which has me worried. Anyone else experience this before? Should I request an u/s to check fluid levels?

August 18th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any advice - I'm up 32lbs. but they checked my fluid level at my last u/s, and I would imagine that's standard. When was your last u/s?

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 18th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslily1125 View Post
I don't have any advice - I'm up 32lbs. but they checked my fluid level at my last u/s, and I would imagine that's standard. When was your last u/s?
It was at 22 weeks and was normal. They only do one u/s unless necessary I think its frustrating. My last OB I had 3 mandatory u/s. So I don't have anymore u/s

August 18th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Buda's Avatar Veteran
Hmm I've sort of have the opposite thing, wasn't gaining at all 1st and 2nd trimester and all the sudden boom measuring way ahead and gaining weight pretty fast. Good thing there's only a few weeks left!

Maybe you can request a US to check your fluids if you're concerned. This did actually happen to a friend of mine in May. She was t gaining and it ended up being the fluids, the took the baby three weeks early and she was absolutely fine!
Maddy6912 likes this.

August 18th, 2014, 09:40 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had that happen. It isn't uncommon for women to lose a little bit of weight in the third trimester. As long as it isn't too much, I wouldn't be worried. You start to run out of room, making it hard to eat enough calories. Just try and eat more, smaller meals to make sure you are meeting your calories requirements for the day.

If you continue to lose weight, your doctor would probably recommend an ultrasound at that point just to check.

Now stay off google, girl! You'll turn a mole hill into a mountain
Maddy6912 likes this.

August 18th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Veteran
I'm only up 4.5 lbs from my starting weight. Initially, I lost 6 lbs despite not having any morning sickness and eating normally. I'm up 10.5 lbs from my lowest weight during the pregnancy. My midwife isn't concerned since I've been measuring on time. I only had two ultrasounds; one just before 13 weeks and the other at 21 weeks. She measured long at 13 weeks and after the 21 week one, the ultrasound place suggested moving up my due date (which we didn't, thankfully!).
Maddy6912 likes this.
August 18th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks for all the responses, im feeling better now. I did leak some fluid in July- at least that's what me and the doctor thought it was. Wasn't much at all luckily. Im sure its nothing and due to the horrible heartburn I have been having. Im afraid to eat as much because heartburn is terrible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search