the natural hospital birth of Kylie Jade

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NewGurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ... We waited for you and here you are LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I forgot we actually had a birth stories forum when I posted about Kylies birth so Im just sharing the important part again

PRE GAME 3AM - 8AM

3AM- Tuesday Jan 28th 2014 I woke up made a midnight snack and grimaced through contractions wish I could say I was excited but I wasn’t this had been happening every night for the last week.

6AM- woke again decided to see if the tub would give me any relief today. about 6 min after turning the water on Connor realized I had left the bed. He wasn’t happy I dried off and went to nurse him down so I could at least get ready in peace….. my mom was on her way to get settled into a condo on account of an impending ice storm with my due date less then 5 days off she didn’t want me going into labor after it started and us be stranded.

6:15AM- I realized while trying to nurse Connor that this was probably actually real LABOR!!!!!

6:30AM- mom called saying she was about 30 min away I decided to con my better half into takeing one last belly pic by now I was pretty certain this wasnt going to taper off like every other day.

7:15 AM- Mom arrived and proclaimed that my dad had known we would need her today (I kind of had said it was stupid for her to come all the way down for a storm that may or may not hit & a labor that may or may not occur)

8:00 AM- we actually managed to get all of us into a car to grab some McDonalds (I had the worlds most delicious bacon egg and cheese biscuit) before going to the hospital

HOSPITAL ARRIVAL 8:15- 9:15

8:15 AM- things were staring to get pretty intense. check in was a weird mental mix for me 50% of me wanted to stall as much as possible as my hospital isnt exactly known for its natural birth friendly procedures and 50% of me was like um hello Im in alot of freaking pain here why arent you doing anything my phone number hasnt changed since you asked me 4 contractions ago lets go here

8:30 AM- once I made it up to L&D It took 1 nurse 4 thread attempts to get my heplock in & then she spilling half an IV bag on my bed. after that they hooked me up immediately to continual monitoring…..combined with the fact that I was already starting to lose my grip on contractions I wasn’t feeling to hot about my chances at sticking with my natural birth plan anymore I was pretty certain I hadnt stalled anywhere near long enough.

8:45 AM- my saving grace arrived the OB that delivered my son paired with the nurse that assisted in my external version last week would be handling my delivery. I figured if anyone would treat me right it was them.

9:00 AM- finally actually checked for progress I was 7 CM !!!! OB said if you want an EPI I need to know right now I said no and told myself that id simply have to deal with it now because there was no going back.

9:15 AM- I really really really wanted to go back…. Like im pretty sure I was crying some. nurse said shed get the doctor to check me agin if I wanted. Im pretty sure it was supposed to be a sympathy check but I was ready to go OB said I had just a small rim left but that if I wanted her to break my waters Id probably feel the urge to push soon.

BIRTH (born 9:38 AM Jan 28th, 7lbs 1 oz)

I said yes and she broke my water…….. “probably feel the urge to push soon” was more along the lines of 2-3 min later. Which was even scarier since my better half had just gone out to get some things from the car for my mom to keep Connor busy since no one was really expected me to give birth 1 HR after we arrived. I was trying to remember his cell to tell him to hurry up but thankfully he came back in as I was fumbling with the room phone because I never would have been able to dial the whole room was literally spinning. I was not prepared for it to work that quickly or be that intense and neither were they. My body started trying to push while they were still trying to slide me down into the stirrups & I was freaking out howling like it was a TV show labor. Finally the nurse who kept having to remind me to breath during my version last week got my attention and started coaching me. It finally got me to snap out of it except I was focusing on her and my body had a different time scale in mind. Finally I came fully around & managed to say “wait Im not ready yet” we chilled out for a really good contraction and I gave it all I had. there was a world of difference now that I was finally in control of myself & I think (although it’s a bit fuzzy) that from there it took me about 3 contractions for the head and 2 for the body. I sat up just a bit and was able to see her slide out into this world with a twist, a flop, & a cry (I also caught a tear in her daddys eye but don’t tell him I told you) They sat her on my chest till the cord stopped pulsing and then her daddy did the honors of cutting the cord………..In short I got my dream birth.

Earthy.Mama and MommaBean18 like this.

May 25th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey you! I wanted to say congrats to your little one. I did not realize she has already been here for 3 months! We miss you over at Oct '12 PR <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search