Finding out the gender early

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2014, 05:22 PM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So yesterday at my prenatal visit, the doctor told me they will do a free gender scan at 14-15 weeks. He says they have an amazing technician and machine and have been able to accurately tell gender that early! I'm so excited! With my other kids I've had to wait until 20 weeks. I'll still be going in at 20 weeks for an in depth ultrasound but I'm excited that I can find out the gender early! The best part is that I'll be 15 weeks on my birthday, so I'm scheduling it for that day! Anyone else finding out early?

February 19th, 2014, 05:32 PM
TrinityDawnMaura's Avatar Veteran
You lucky duck! I can't think of a better birthday present than that. : )

I won't find out until the 20 week ultrasound and we are scheduling that for DH's birthday. It falls at the right time.

February 19th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Super Mommy
That's awesome!!!
I will be finding out early by going to have a 4D ultrasound done. You can go as early as 15 weeks It's an extra cost, of course, but you can go back for rechecks for free, and you get prints, a color print, a DVD of all of your images and the recorded ultrasound...for another extra charge, they offer a stuffed animal with an insert that plays your baby's heartbeat
I am so excited!!

isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping to do the genetic testing and that can tell us. If not, we've decided to do an elective 4d scan, but I'm not sure when exactly. When I was about 16 weeks with my son, my dr did a quick u/s on his crappy old machine because nate was hiding from the Doppler. I clearly saw his penis the second he turned to machine on. I was like did I just see a penis, and the dr was all I have no idea what that was. lol He told me after my anatomy scan that I had been right, he didn't want to tell me because he didn't know if I wanted to know. I know what I saw though. So it is possible to tell that early. Some 4d places offer after 12 weeks, although they can't promise they find anything, of course.
THE angry uterus likes this.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment and Anatomy Scan on Sept 4th!

bugz
I will have a 3D ultrasound at 15 weeks that is just for gender. If they can't tell, I don't have to pay for it
February 19th, 2014, 05:40 PM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! I can't wait for us all to find out!

February 19th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Around here all the girls I know have been finding out by some new blood test and a cheek swab from dad at around 10-12 weeks!!! It's crazy! They say it's 95% accurate! If that is offered to me I'll do it otherwise I probably won't find out until 18-20 weeks scan.
February 19th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I found out that early with #2 and #3. IF we find out this time, I'll likely do it that early again.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
February 19th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We get a scan at 20 wks but it's to check for abnormalities they will tell u if u ask for gender I found out with my son but not my daughter I'm not sure this time it's our last baby u can pay for a gender scan privately but I will prob just wait till I'm 20 wks

February 19th, 2014, 09:18 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
Lucky!!! I can't wait to find out!!

Cassie, I think the stuffed animal with baby's heartbeat would be especially amazing. Because that is what will most ease my mind this pregnancy. My angel's heart never beat at the correct rate, so I think I will be a ball of emotion at my ultrasound just being able to hear a normal heart rate. I wanna be able to commemorate that moment though.
Team PINK!!!
February 19th, 2014, 10:01 PM
bugz
I really want the teddy bear also. I think it's so cute. It's not too pricy either. I think it's $20 for the clinic I'll be going to.
February 20th, 2014, 04:43 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we live in east gibib and there are no elective u/s places within 2 hours of us, so I won't be doing that.

I will probably have to wait until the 20 week u/s.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 20th, 2014, 05:12 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
I think I will probably have to wait until the 20 week ultrasound.

Those bears are amazing though! I got one when I was pregnant with my daughter and I still listen to it from time to time.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
February 20th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have paid to find out early for the past 2. So we will do the same this time. We can go at 14 weeks here. I think we went at 16 weeks with both of the boys. They were right both times. That's not too incredibly far away.

February 20th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow, lucky you! I wish I had that option. Last time, a friend who worked in the ultrasound dept did it for me for free. This time, I will probably have to wait.
February 20th, 2014, 11:31 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
Just looked into the options around me. One place won't do gender ultrasounds until 18 weeks (so would be senseless to pay for that for me) and the other place is $125 plus tax. Looks like I will definitely be waiting until 18-20 weeks.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
February 20th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
Im going in at 16 weeks, I waited till 20 weeks with DD and that's too long! I want to know now!! The Chinese lunar calendar said I should be having a boy (which its just a guess)
February 21st, 2014, 07:09 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I think it's amazing that they can tell that early, but I would also be cautious of the results until the mid-term anatomy scan. I don't personally know anyone that has had incorrect information, but I've heard of it. Of course, even after multiple ultrasounds and confirmations, I wasn't convinced my last was a boy until I held him.
MrsPalumbo likes this.

February 21st, 2014, 07:13 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll be doing ours between 18-20 weeks.. Which falls in mid May.. I usually do an elective 3D ultrasound around 30 weeks though..

February 21st, 2014, 07:25 AM
Veteran
I found a place that does the elective ultrasounds at 16 weeks but am thinking of scheduling it for 15 weeks and just fibbing about my due date. I'm super excited and airway have it written on my calendar.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search