Names?

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Veteran
Anyone have names picked already? Are you and DH on the same page?

I am about 95% sure this baby is a boy (because of BD timing and heartrate so far). I have a boy name picked out, but when I mentioned it a while back DH wasn't on board because he has a coworker with that name. I am hopeful that I can work on him because he has no other suggestions and I really do like the name and not many others.

If this baby turns out to be a girl (and I would be shocked) there are a few names I like and I feel like we will have issues as well. We couldnt agree on girl names with my first pregnancy and decided to delay discussing girl names until/unless we found out we were having a girl. We agreed on my DS name easily, to my surprise.

#1: DS born 8.25.11 at 40w1d
#2: chemical pregnancy 6.26.13 at 4w3d
#3: miscarriage after heartbeat 9.20.13 at 7w (trisomy 14)
#4: chemical pregnancy 12.2.13 at 5w
#5: hoping this is my RAINBOW baby. EDD 10.17.14

March 6th, 2014, 09:23 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
we always wait till we see our baby and then decide

we never give any real clues to the names we are thinking - less disapointment from everyone if they dont like our name-

our kid our name if you dont like it p*ss off lolol
HalfDozen and StephcMc like this.

March 6th, 2014, 10:18 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! We have a girl name and boy name. I really like the girl name however I don't like the boy name as much but since I can't come up with any other boy names that I like, I am kind of accepting it lol. Problem is that we want a name that sounds good both in French and in English (most of our families are francophone and our kids will attend school in French) but all the boy names I like don't sound good in French at all.

On the bright side, I am like 99% sure this will be a girl and would be really surprised if it's a boy.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks

Last edited by meld10; March 6th, 2014 at 10:20 AM.
March 6th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are not on the same page. I think we should have 2 short lists for a boy and a girl to pick from when the baby is here. He says we should just decide when the baby is born. He is also worst at committing to a decision.

He also doesn't like any of my favourite names. So my plan is to have 2 short lists and on the day of the birth we will have to pick from them. Unless, he decides he wants to participate in the short list creation beforehand.

I won't be telling anyone the names like Fludderbye, that way I don't get to hear negative opinions on the future name of my child.

I do know that I will be doing the following:
1. Checking trend lists to avoid trendy names. Unfortunately, my boy name of Jack (grandpa's name) is trending.
2. Will not make up a fake name.
3. Will use proper spelling. (Will not add in random y's into the name, it's pronounced son no sin ie syn)

Last edited by StephcMc; March 6th, 2014 at 10:52 AM.
March 6th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Veteran
I have no names in mind & feel like I have so much more to do/hurdles to jump before that point. My youngest didnt get named until he was a day & a half old!
March 6th, 2014, 11:21 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Samantha Grace is the name we picked.

March 6th, 2014, 01:46 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If we have a girl, her name is set.. If it's a boy, no clue.. He will probably not get a name..
oneandonecoming and StephcMc like this.

March 6th, 2014, 04:09 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are naming him Connor Riley
oneandonecoming likes this.
March 6th, 2014, 04:44 PM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
I really like the name Nolan Lucas for a boy. Not sure if DH and I are on the same page or not because I haven't told him. He won't talk about names yet. He's still quite nervous, I think. I've accepted the pregnancy but I think he still lives in "it may not work out still" so he doesn't really want to talk about it just yet.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
March 6th, 2014, 05:14 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
My DF is in the same thought bracket as oneandonecoming's hubby. He's still nervous so he doesn't want to talk about names yet, so I have no idea if we are on the same page. My favorite boys name I had shared with him a year or so ago he hated, so I have a little feeling that we may take awhile to come to an agreement.
oneandonecoming likes this.
Team PINK!!!
March 6th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Veteran
We have names picked out. If it's a girl she will be named after my Grandma. Boy name has been harder but I think we finally settled on one
1/25/14 - beta 1232
1/27/14 - beta 2755
1/31/14 - ultrasound showing gestational sac and yolk sac
2/11/14 - ultrasound showing baby and heart rate at 140 bpm
2/28/14 - first appointment to take history
3/20/14 - NT scan and doctor appointment
4/15/14 - 16 week appointment heart rate 156 bpm
5/16/14 - anatomy scan - it's a
BOY!! Heart rate 146 bpm
6/11/14 - doctors appointment. Everything looks great! Measuring right on track. Baby hb 147 bpm
March 6th, 2014, 06:20 PM
lfavorite83's Avatar Veteran
We both agree on the first name for a girl (haven't really discussed middle names yet), and we've tossed around some ideas for boy names that we both like. I feel pretty sure this is a girl, so I haven't focused too much on boy names, especially since the girl name we picked we absolutely love. So, it'll be hard if it ends up being a boy, since we won't get to use our girl name - we're only planning to have one kid.

TEAM PINK!!
March 6th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Veteran
We have a boy's name picked out....If it is a girl the middle name will be named after my grandmother. The first name I have loved since I was a little girl is trending now that literary and Victorians names have made a comeback- - which is a bummer! SO I am not sure if I will pick my fav first name for a girl and risk her being 1 of 3 in her classroom. I will pick a name that is traditional, strong, and spelled correctly.
March 7th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have no name if baby is a girl. Every time I suggest a name, he usually makes a comment like, "that's an f*****g stupid name." Nice, huh? haha He's not one to beat around the bush.

If it's a boy, we have a name in mind that we almost named our son. We'll see, though. I might find a name I like better like I did last time.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
March 7th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Super Mommy
Even though we weren't trying for a baby and didn't have any plans for kids in the immediate future, we actually hammered out our baby names about 8 months ago - I think it came up at dinner one night shortly after our wedding and we both just kept thinking about it and tossing names back and forth for a month or so, LOL.
We have one ready for each gender, but I have no plans on telling anyone what they are because I don't want criticism. They're a bit unorthodox (definitely not in any top 100 lists) and I wouldn't have it any other way, but I'm afraid our relatives will try to talk us down to boring names if they find out.

March 7th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Veteran
I feel sad that so many women in this group feel they would fall under criticism for a baby name! I personally feel that whatever you name your child will be special and hold significant meaning to you and your partner - even if it is not my taste or someone else's. I hope that when we do all begin to reveal baby names in the days/ weeks/ months to come everyone here will be supportive and not hypercritical of one another!
March 7th, 2014, 06:22 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Hubby told me at lunch today that he has picked out names:

Finnita for a girl
Quittin for a boy

Last edited by HalfDozen; March 9th, 2014 at 06:17 PM.
March 9th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfDozen View Post
Hubby told me at lunch today that he has picked out names:

Finnita for a girl
Quitting for a boy
LMAO at this. Hubby is looking at me like I'm crazy.
HalfDozen likes this.

March 10th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have names picked out. We have had the boy name for a long time and the girl name since before we became pregnant. I am praying we don't have to use to boy name and only the girl name. I like both but I really want a girl

March 10th, 2014, 09:29 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had such a hard time choosing a name that we both agreed on for our son - I think it is going to be just as hard this time around - especially if we have another boy! My husband hated ALL my favourite names. Grrr..... we haven't talked about girls names yet..... but I know he won't like my chosen names because they are different and he doesn't like different. Not looking forward to it!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search