cloth diapers

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By dyeanotherday
  • 2 Post By Saturday03
  • 1 Post By TrinityDawnMaura
  • 1 Post By Mrs_Oteez
  • 1 Post By Amelya
  • 1 Post By SCMomma
  • 1 Post By oneandonecoming
  • 1 Post By mialee
  • 1 Post By ~*Bethy*~
  • 1 Post By Maddy6912
  • 1 Post By flitabout
  • 2 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By SCMomma
  • 1 Post By AlyssaMyahJulian

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2014, 11:19 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone else use them or plan to? i started using them with my daughter cause she is allergic to all the disposables even the so called organic but i really love them now lol.
~*Bethy*~ likes this.
March 8th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Veteran
I am interested in doing cloth diapers but I don't even know where to begin with them!
dyeanotherday and Mrs.Rose like this.
1/25/14 - beta 1232
1/27/14 - beta 2755
1/31/14 - ultrasound showing gestational sac and yolk sac
2/11/14 - ultrasound showing baby and heart rate at 140 bpm
2/28/14 - first appointment to take history
3/20/14 - NT scan and doctor appointment
4/15/14 - 16 week appointment heart rate 156 bpm
5/16/14 - anatomy scan - it's a
BOY!! Heart rate 146 bpm
6/11/14 - doctors appointment. Everything looks great! Measuring right on track. Baby hb 147 bpm
March 8th, 2014, 04:57 AM
TrinityDawnMaura's Avatar Veteran
I used cloth with my last baby. My favorite diapers that I used then that are still available are Green Mountain Diaper's prefolds and Goodmama fitteds.
dyeanotherday likes this.

March 8th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Mrs_Oteez
I've used fuzzibunz one size for both of my girls and plan to again with this one! Love them!
March 8th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Hoping for baby #2
I started them with my DS cause of allergies. I have already ordered 45 more from overseas. Cant wait till they get here

March 8th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Veteran
We used them to save $, and because I just like cloth better than disposables. My favorites were inserts in Flip covers. I'm planning on making all my own newborn diapers this time.

March 8th, 2014, 07:35 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
I'd love to use cloth for the $ savings but I just can't bring myself to do it. We tried with my daughter (multiple times, actually) and each time I went back to disposables so don't think I'll even bother this time.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
March 8th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Veteran
I do both. I cloth diaper at home during the day. Disposable at night and on the go. But I am stocking up on goodmama's. That is what a friend of mine used and I loved them.

March 8th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep. Im slowly building my stash again. I want to make a majority of mine ( I really love AIO pockets) So I think those will be my go-to again!
March 8th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
I didn't with my first but considering it this time! I heard a lot of good things plus saving $ is always the best option. Just don't know where to being!

March 8th, 2014, 11:03 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a total CD'ing momma! I wish I had started sooner with my other kids and not just my last DS. Since this was my first time using them, I had to really play around with different types to see what was my favorite. Honestly I can't tell you which was my favorite because I found a good use for most of them. For normal daily use I usually go with the prefolds or the work horse fitteds and thirties covers. I don't use pins only snappis. I like the pockets and AIOs for going out in. FuzziBunz and Bumgenius are my favorites. For nighttime I like a hemp insert. They are so unbelievably absorbent and super thin. Here is a site that has a tun of info on CD'ing in it. There are more but they have good stuff on the care and the different types. Green Mountain Diapers: Cloth diapers for baby featuring organic and reusable natural diapers. Cloth-eez prefolds, Bummis, Flip, and Thirsties diaper covers; plus how to wash cloth diapers and pictures of diapers on babies.

March 8th, 2014, 11:31 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
No, thanks! I love the idea of it, but I can't handle it.
dyeanotherday and 3maybe like this.

March 8th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Veteran
I totally second flitabout's suggestion to check out greenmountaindiapers.com Tons of info and lots of pictures of different styles on different ages and shapes.

March 8th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Super Mommy
I used cloth with my first...tried it with my twins..but it ended up just being too much. I am not sure this time. Keeping up with laundry will be hard enough.
March 8th, 2014, 02:28 PM
I really love the diapers. They are so cute. I have a few brands.
March 8th, 2014, 02:38 PM
I think like anything else it helps to have a system. I have a 5 gallon paint bucket from home depot and i put the dirty diapers in it with the lid so there is zero smell. when it is full (every 2 - 3 days) I put them in the washing machine and i run them through a quick wash with no soap just to get the urine out then i wash them twice with soap. I am sure it will be a little more with 2 in diapers but my daughter bleeds within a short amount of time from disposables so it is a necessity here. So i had to make it work.
March 10th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will use disposables. My town takes the disposables in our green bin (compost) so I don't feel as bad using them and while I like the idea of cloth, I don't feel like I need to take on the extra work of cleaning them. Especially, once I get back to work full time.

March 10th, 2014, 09:19 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am doing cloth with my first - I will definitely be doing cloth with my second. I love cloth. I wouldn't have it any other way! I hate disposables - they smell horrid!!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
March 10th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will probably use cloth at home and disposables when we go out and at night. I find it hard to keep up with laundry for 6, so we'll see how it goes. I have a variety of cloth already, so I might as well use it.

March 10th, 2014, 11:04 AM
bugz
I will be using cloth. I hate everything about disposables and love everything about cloth. Plus, I have horribly sensitive skin and I break out when I touch disposables. As a baby they couldn't use them on me because I'd break out and get hives all over my body. I'm not taking that chance with the baby. And I don't trust "natural" ones because they have a lot of the same chemicals. My IL's are going to hate the idea and think I'm nuts. That's okay.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search