One fact about you?

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree43Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2014, 05:50 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
What is one thing about you, can be anything at all, that none of us would ever guess?

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
April 2nd, 2014, 07:21 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I was in the national spelling bee in 7th grade.

ETA: And I just had to edit my post because I used the wrong "be". LOL!
AmyLM, Amelya, mialee and 7 others like this.

Last edited by HalfDozen; April 2nd, 2014 at 07:21 AM. Reason: correct typo
April 2nd, 2014, 07:39 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfDozen View Post

I totally just lol'd!
HalfDozen and StephcMc like this.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
April 2nd, 2014, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

This totally cracked me up!
HalfDozen likes this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
April 2nd, 2014, 08:10 AM
Veteran
I am a single mom by choice and my baby doesn't have a dad, instead they have a donor. And in fact I am in contact with several others who are also currently pregnant with the same donor. It is definitely different and the ob hadn't had anyone else in her office who conceived like I did. Made for an interesting conversation.
April 2nd, 2014, 08:12 AM
Super Mommy
I was a really prominent artist in elementary school and my teens. I had my first piece of artwork published in a provincial magazine when I was twelve, and I sold three pieces I did in high school. Despite this, I went against people's insistence that I get involved in art as a career and kept it as a hobby. I still dabble here and there, but I'm not as disciplined as I once was
StephcMc likes this.

April 2nd, 2014, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm an Aquarius.
HalfDozen likes this.

April 2nd, 2014, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had gastric bypass 12 years ago and lost 158lbs. I am considered a success because after this long, I still manage to keep at least 100lbs off. It's been difficult with back to back to back to back pregnancies! oh, and age apparently has something to do with that, too. Or, maybe it's the oreos.
~*Bethy*~ and Sylvera like this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
April 2nd, 2014, 08:36 AM
Veteran
Quote:

shut up! what words did you have to spell and which did you get wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christeacher View Post
I am a single mom by choice and my baby doesn't have a dad, instead they have a donor. And in fact I am in contact with several others who are also currently pregnant with the same donor. It is definitely different and the ob hadn't had anyone else in her office who conceived like I did. Made for an interesting conversation.
That's crazy that you can contact the other donor recipients. Do you plan on having your kids meet?
April 2nd, 2014, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

Just out of sheer curiosity and nosy-ness, how many other recipients are you in contact with and what was so great about this guy that so many people chose him? I'm a little in awe over it. It's definitely not anything I've ever known anyone to do so, I'm really curious about it!
HalfDozen and oneandonecoming like this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
April 2nd, 2014, 11:10 AM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
I am a gemini - my life is a very LOUD open book.....But everyone knows that.

I am a very very jealous person, and I hide it VERY well.....

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
April 2nd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLM View Post
Just out of sheer curiosity and nosy-ness, how many other recipients are you in contact with and what was so great about this guy that so many people chose him? I'm a little in awe over it. It's definitely not anything I've ever known anyone to do so, I'm really curious about it!
Right now there is less than 5 of us, but we expect anywhere between 10 and 15 families before the donor is retired. He has a clear medical history going back 2 generations, had thoughtful answers to his essay questions and provided clear and numerous baby and early childhood photos. At the time I chose him he already had confirmed pregnancies so that was a plus.
AmyLM and StephcMc like this.
April 2nd, 2014, 12:04 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecloud View Post
shut up! what words did you have to spell and which did you get wrong?
I don't actually remember all of the words I had to spell at the national level, but I may have it in a scrapbook around here somewhere. The word I missed was necrolatry (and yes, this is the correct spelling. )

April 2nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Right now there is less than 5 of us, but we expect anywhere between 10 and 15 families before the donor is retired. He has a clear medical history going back 2 generations, had thoughtful answers to his essay questions and provided clear and numerous baby and early childhood photos. At the time I chose him he already had confirmed pregnancies so that was a plus.

Well, that's pretty cool. Thank you for answering even though it's clearly none of my business. I appreciate it!

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
April 2nd, 2014, 12:21 PM
Veteran
I'm my mothers only child and I conceived in January just like her
April 2nd, 2014, 12:44 PM
lfavorite83's Avatar Veteran
I'm a natural blonde (was white-blonde as a child, now naturally ash-blonde)....but I've been dying my hair red for about 15 years. When people find out I'm not a real redhead, they get wigged out because the red works so well with my complexion that it just looks natural. I went the first 12 weeks without any root touch-ups at the request of my midwife's office, and I looked like a hot mess LOL. Going back to my "roots" and got some highlights put in as a compromise this past weekend. Guess I'll be blonde again by the time this baby gets here
HalfDozen likes this.

TEAM PINK!!
April 2nd, 2014, 12:57 PM
bugz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use to do show jumping and my favourite, and what I loved the most was puissance (and cross country). The highest Rafael (my horse) and I jumped is 6'2, only once. He's amazing, I held him back and to be honest he could go a lot further than I could take him. I had to stop jumping because I lost my stirrup just before a jump and didn't stop because we would have crashed doing damage to the horse. I'd rather hurt myself than my horse any day. I knew he'd get over it fine, me not so much. Going over the 5' jump I went into the air and fell (so it was about a 8' fall when you factor in the jump, horse and space between the horse and jump) and ended up needing two screws in my back. I was on a 12 month rest and was told I wasn't to ride again. I still do from time to time, but I won't be able to do competitions again because my back can't take that much.

Oh, and I took taekwondo for 10 years and was one belt away from my black belt (black stripe). I had to stop because of my riding accident.
~*Bethy*~ likes this.

October 20, 2013
April 2nd, 2014, 01:17 PM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
I am a VERY shy person. I only have one real friend that I talk to on a daily basis (besides you ladies ) my family is completely opposite and I got teased a lot by my loud mouth mother for not having friends. My DD is the same way, when were around kids she plays by herself and is content with herself. I would rather just sit at home with me and DD then hang out with anyone. My mom thinks there is something wrong with DD but I know there isn't. She just doesn't understand and it is very frustrating. But I love justmommies! My first forum and im very happy I joined. I love hearing everyones stories and how our lives are all so different.
HalfDozen, bugz and lfavorite83 like this.

April 2nd, 2014, 01:52 PM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dude! My one thing is kind of sad compared to yours. I have a panic disorder, OCD and generalized anxiety disorder. It sucks but I have been managing well since pregnancy. I hide it well in real life but I tell anyone who is close to me because my panic attacks are absolutely horrible and I would hate to have one around someone who doesn't know. They would think I was dying.

April 2nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
Veteran
I go to sci-fi conventions. My mom and I go every year to the same one in August. We bought our tickets for this August's con before I became pregnant. I will be 33 weeks by then this year so hopefully my midwives will let me travel (by car, not plane).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search