Libido check-in!

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By ~*Bethy*~
  • 4 Post By AmyLM
  • 3 Post By Danielle80
  • 1 Post By ~*Bethy*~
  • 1 Post By oneandonecoming
  • 2 Post By Amelya

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Super Mommy
Is it just me that is ridiculously, umm, needy all the time lately? I feel bad for my poor husband. For the last couple weeks, I've been completely insatiable. I think he's getting tired of having to deal with me, LOL.

From what I hear, you're usually on one side or the other during pregnancy. How is everyone else's sex drive? Am I alone here?

April 29th, 2014, 09:00 AM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Im pretty sure we are ok in that department

FWIW: I was like this with my son - both of my girls my libido was nada.

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
April 29th, 2014, 09:01 AM
bugz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think mines changed. So if it has changed, not by very much. I'm way more sensitive though, so we've - well he's - had to change how we go about it. I think my being more sensitive, making it hurt if not careful, has lowered my sex drive a bit.

October 20, 2013
April 29th, 2014, 09:06 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
At the beginning, I was most interested. But then the whole diabetes/PIH thing made it take a nose dive because I was stressed. Now I have a yeast infection because of the medication I'm on for my face. So, yeah, not feeling it here. I feel bad for hubby - but for the opposite reason!

April 29th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh! If we never have sex again, it'll be too soon. Does that answer your question? haha My poor husband. I say my poor husband but even though I don't want to, I still dtd at least every other night.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
April 29th, 2014, 10:17 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sort of a hard question to answer. During the day when I just have Caleb to deal with it's going nuts, but by the time the kids get home and spending the next 5 hours afterward trying not to kill them pretty well kills any libido I have. But that's regardless of being pregnant. Honestly the only reason I even got pregnant was because my stepson was watching Caleb! We have managed to have sex exactly twice since I got pregnant.

April 29th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The beginning of pregnancy I was so scared that we didn't dtd but once in the first 14 weeks (poor DH) but now since my DH has been gone for a while (he comes back tomorrow) I have been more interested. Have actually had some dreams about dtd lately. So odd. I feel like a teenage boy lmao!!!

April 29th, 2014, 11:32 AM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle80 View Post
The beginning of pregnancy I was so scared that we didn't dtd but once in the first 14 weeks (poor DH) but now since my DH has been gone for a while (he comes back tomorrow) I have been more interested. Have actually had some dreams about dtd lately. So odd. I feel like a teenage boy lmao!!!
I think the dreams are whats fueling half of my.....um....'obsession'.....
Danielle80 likes this.

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
April 29th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine is through the roof. Unfortunately I get awful contractions for a few hours after so I can't do it as much as I would like. Plus I have a toddler that sucks at sleeping.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
April 29th, 2014, 01:27 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLM View Post
Ugh! If we never have sex again, it'll be too soon. Does that answer your question? haha My poor husband. I say my poor husband but even though I don't want to, I still dtd at least every other night.
This is me exactly lol
May 1st, 2014, 06:05 PM
sek3982's Avatar Veteran
I was put on doctor's orders to not have intercourse for 8 weeks. We are currently on week 4 of 8. Nevertheless, even if these orders were not in place, I have absolutely no drive. When I was pregnant with my son, I had a strong libido from weeks 16-20 and then it went away completely. My poor husband! In the meantime, he or we, will have to find other ways to curb his needs.

In addition, I am also worried about intercourse with this baby because I am so high risk this time around. Hopefully, he understands.

Sarah
May 1st, 2014, 07:33 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine has been super high lately. And the dreams are definitely contributing lol. Luckily my DH doesn't mind. His is just as bad haha. I am high risk, but my cervix looks good so other than work restrictions, I haven't been put on pelvic rest. I definitely contract after, but it isn't doing anything so I don't worry.

May 1st, 2014, 08:05 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
In the beginning I was so tired I couldn't function, then a little nauseous, but now my libido is back up there. In fact, the other morning I had a really vivid dream that got me all riled up. Needless to say, It went DOWN! lol I do notice if we're a little too frisky I feel crampy though so I need to remember I'm almost halfway through this thing even though my belly doesn't show that.
May 2nd, 2014, 07:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What libido? I have no desire and with my husband being sick with pneumonia for the past couple of months we've barely touched each other. I keep waiting for it to come back, I really hope it does soon.

May 4th, 2014, 11:37 AM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
I have zero want for anything sexual. ZERO. Lol. And I've been so moody that it just irritates me when he makes advances. I feel bad for him, but it feels like such a chore. And I'm never like this! With my son, I was insatiable. Poor df is suffering. I have promised myself that I am going to make myself at least fake that I want it once a week so he doesn't have to go without.
Team PINK!!!
May 4th, 2014, 12:18 PM
lfavorite83's Avatar Veteran
Mine is super high in the early afternoons....which would be great, if DH didn't work during the day. So, by the time he gets home, it's pretty much gone and all I want to do is sleep or eat. Plus, with the super sniffer I've got, if he wants to come within a foot of me he needs to have brushed his teeth otherwise I smell everything he ate during the day and it's a major turnoff. I have noticed though, that sex is different since about 8 weeks or so - my "go to" for my personal guarantee changes spots nowadays, so I kind of have to hunt around for it. Sometimes it's fun, other times I'm just "ehh too much work" and forgo sex altogether. Thankfully DH is a saint and we only DTD when we both want to - he has no interest if I'm not 100% on board.

TEAM PINK!!
May 4th, 2014, 06:14 PM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLM View Post
This! Minus the DTD every night part!
HalfDozen likes this.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
May 4th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Hoping for baby #2
The advantage to being single is I don't have to worry about what SO thinks about it. However my dreams seem to be telling me which x-boyfriends I preferred over others...

May 5th, 2014, 03:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have absolutely no interest in sex I'm to tired from working and looking after 2 kids I feel bad for my SO he would dtd everyday if I wanted to if he nags me enough we do but that's like once a month and only to keep him quiet! we only dtd twice the month I got pregnant!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search