Anyone else have cramps around 16 weeks?

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By flhopeful
  • 1 Post By flitabout

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2014, 11:08 AM
Super Mommy
It feels like the cramps I had in the beginning when my uterus was stretching out so maybe it's doing it again before the next growth spurt in the coming weeks. I just wanted to see if it's normal.

I've had what I think are round ligament pains including a charley horse in my side when I switched sides while sleeping last night and this is not that.

May 1st, 2014, 11:28 AM
Veteran
Yep, I had this at 16 weeks and a few days later got a lot bigger.

Team Pink!!!
May 1st, 2014, 11:51 AM
Super Mommy
Oh boy! Good thing I'm going shopping this weekend!
StephcMc and happy-ness like this.

May 1st, 2014, 01:36 PM
Super Mommy
I have been crampy since the begining and I still am at 14 weeks 3 days...I also get the round ligament pain if I switch positions too fast etc..completely different feeling than the crampiness..I remember with my first and my twins I didnt have crampiness like this...I remember it last time with my littlest...but I think it was gone by 8 weeks..this time it hangs around..I am pretty sure its normal though.
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
May 1st, 2014, 01:56 PM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh yes these last 2 weeks have been really intense in terms of cramping and that pulling stretching feeling which hits suddenly and is very painful (I think this is round ligament pain).

There was also a couple of days I felt like my organs were being crushed loll I looked up ''organs feeling cramped at 17 weeks pregnant'' and found lots of BTDT mama's saying that yup it happens and it only gets worse as the pregnancy goes on lol. I think it is all part of it.

I've found however that doing a few workouts really helped ease the pain. I did one 15 min prenatal yoga video one day and a couple of other days I did the expecting more workouts and really feel less tight in my abdomen.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
May 1st, 2014, 02:09 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am crampy a lot, but I definitely noticed an increase around 16wks. Mine is felt as contractions though, which is oh so fun:/

May 1st, 2014, 05:05 PM
Super Mommy
Yep! I haven't had cramps really at all the whole time but just this week I started having some stabby like pains. Then my update today for 17 weeks said "NEW SYMPTOM..you could be feeling some stabbing/stretching pains now." It's round ligament pain. Just making more room for baby

May 1st, 2014, 05:23 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
I have been having low cramps to. Its very usual for me. I take Tylenol and a bath. The ligament pain this time around has actually been a lot more painful than I remember. Our babies are going threw a major growth spurt this month so the uterus is really stretching fast there and the ligaments that hurt are the ones that hold and support the uterus and have to stretch BIG TIME to hold everything. It hurts.But not usually like all day long for me just here and there threw out the day.
May 1st, 2014, 06:47 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get crampy from time to time. But and this is sorta funny, with my first I had this naggy constant pain on my right side. I was positive something was wrong. When I went in for my scan at 18 weeks Nicky was kicking like his life depended on it in that same spot. The tech said he had bruised my bladder!
flhopeful likes this.

May 2nd, 2014, 06:46 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the responses ladies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search