Choosing to not circumcise 2nd boy?

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree33Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2014, 07:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am choosing not to circumcise this baby if its a boy. I fully regret getting Ian cut. anyone else in my shoes? Will you choose to circumcise or will you keep him in tact?
May 1st, 2014, 07:41 PM
TrinityDawnMaura's Avatar Veteran
I am not in your shoes,but...

I only have one boy and he is not circumcised; if we have another boy someday I would still not do it.

I don't see any medical necessity to circumcision and in our family it would not be for religious reasons. I also feel that a person should make that choice for themselves when they are old enough.

I will say that my husband's feels differently, but he came from a generation where nearly everyone was. It has been a subject of deep conversation each baby. I think in the end we won't only because it is such a final thing. It is not an easy decision to make as a couple.

May 1st, 2014, 07:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I should mention that hubby is cut too. He says he doesnt care either way and if Im keeping this new baby from being cut, then he wishes we had done the same for Ian. Same as how I feel.

That and its EXPENSIVE!! $250-300 where Im at!
May 1st, 2014, 07:56 PM
Veteran
My son is and so will this son.

I did discuss this with my ex husband at the time and he looked at me like I was crazy. My husband now feels the same way.

I know someone how had it done as an adult. Not pleasant at all.

Its a personal decision for everyone and it shouldn't matter what someone else does as long as your happy with the decision.

May 1st, 2014, 11:22 PM
Veteran
My son is circumcised and if this baby is a boy, he will be too.

DD 11
DD 5
DS 2
Boy #2 due 10/27/14

May 2nd, 2014, 05:49 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My both of my boys are. I wish neither had been. My first was left what's called a turtle neck. He doesn't even look circ'ed, he doesn't look not circ'ed it's weird. My husband made a big deal about having CJ done. I was totally against it. I was a crying mess when they did it and anytime I had to change him. I would never allow it again.
My question is if it's that bad on an adult why would you do it to an itty bitty newborn?
~*Bethy*~ likes this.

May 2nd, 2014, 05:51 AM
Super Mommy
My first boy(one of my twins) is circumsized..he had bilateral hydronephroses and it was recommended by the nicu and ped urologist that it be done because he was already at high risk for infections. My second boy is also done. If this baby is a boy we will do the same. I have friends who did not circ. I think it is a personal decision.
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
May 2nd, 2014, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would choose not to do it as well. My husband isn't but I will let him choose because he knows more about the subject than I do and I doubt he would. I don't see the point.
Sylvera likes this.

May 2nd, 2014, 07:56 AM
bugz
It's deemed unnecessary in Ontario, so OHIP doesn't cover it. It ranges from $200-$400, though I've seen it as high as $600. The average seems to be $300.

If this is a boy, I'm not sure what we'll do. I don't want to have it done, I don't think it's necessary. But my SO is circumcised and thinks the baby should be to. We are in the generation were pretty much every guy was circumcised, so it's normal for my SO. But the cost puts him off, as does seeing videos of it being done. In the end, I'll probably leave it up to him. He's the one with a penis, not me.
~*Bethy*~ likes this.
May 2nd, 2014, 07:58 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
It was a debate every time we were pregnant because all but #5, we didn't know what we were having. When we knew for sure he was a boy, we decided we really better think about it. I don't think hubby felt terribly strongly one way or the other, but I decided not to have it done. My sister had her son done (we were due within 3 days of each other), and honestly, I'm glad I didn't. I know of other moms who have had the first done and not the second because they've changed their minds. I think it will be fine!!
~*Bethy*~ likes this.

May 2nd, 2014, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Both my boys are not circumcised and if this babe is a boy he will not get done either. My friend has a 10 yr old who was circ'd and then 4 yrs later she had another boy and after doing more research she decided not to have him done, she does not find it to be a big deal. When either of her boys ask why they are different from one another she just explains that with the first she did not have as much info available to her as she did with the second child and that is why she made different decisions.
~*Bethy*~ likes this.
May 2nd, 2014, 08:22 AM
Veteran
I am in the same spot. My first son is circumcised, this one is a boy and because of the cost and the fact that it is unnecessary pain and discomfort for such a little itty bitty, I'm unsure I want to have it done again. My hubby is dead set on having it done. He is, so naturally he wants baby circumcised as well.

Like most of you ladies, I will probably leave it up to the hubs because he has much more experience with that tool than I do.
May 2nd, 2014, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies. I really feel as though this is the right path. I just wish I had been more informed when Ian was an infant Oh well, whats done is done, and this will be a good learning tool for him to understand what the difference is - and maybe it will influence his decision when he has kids.
V.I.Mommy likes this.
May 2nd, 2014, 09:22 AM
Bigsurprise75's Avatar Veteran
I had my boy circumcised, it was mainly DH decision. It was a quick procedure about 24hrs after birth done my our family ped. I had a much bigger issue with babies polydactyly at the time If this babe is a boy we will be doing it again. PS: the messy umbilical cord stub was a lot grosser than his privates.

May 2nd, 2014, 09:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My son is not circ'd and I will not circ any (if any) future boys. It is a personal decision. Personally, I cannot see any reason to do it. There isn't a "remove at birth" tag on it so, I wouldn't do it. Now, if my son, for some reason in the future has issues like infections or whatever, we would obviously revisit it but to have it done immediately, no way.
V.I.Mommy and StephcMc like this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
May 2nd, 2014, 11:43 AM
Hoping for baby #2
I made the final decision based off of religious reasons.
but I also considered that my x-husband was angry that he was not circumcised and regretted it. Have you ever ran across other men who had issues with that? He's the only guy I've know who was not circumcised so I don't exactly have a running tally lol.

May 2nd, 2014, 12:07 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelya View Post
but I also considered that my x-husband was angry that he was not circumcised and regretted it. Have you ever ran across other men who had issues with that? He's the only guy I've know who was not circumcised so I don't exactly have a running tally lol.
I don't know any men who ARE circumcised. LOL!! And none of them have been upset about not having it done.

May 2nd, 2014, 12:57 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my son was born with the foreskin growing over the opening so he was rushed in for an emergency circumcision at birth they call it Hypospadias (sp?) we had never even decided. If this is a boy Chris wants to do the circumcision thing and i am okay with that. hopefully we won't have to rush into it.
May 2nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I think it is definitely a regional thing. All of my friends/family with boys have had them circumcised and I've only ever met one guy who wasn't circumcised, and he was teased horribly about it and even had a nickname in college that was based on it.

DD 11
DD 5
DS 2
Boy #2 due 10/27/14

May 2nd, 2014, 03:33 PM
bugz
Quote:
I only knew two guys that weren't circumcised and both were constantly made fun of because of it. Every guy I know that is circumcised, is more than happy to be and wouldn't change it. On the flip side, the only two people I know that aren't circumcised hate it. But I think that has to do with everyone else being circumcised and them getting made fun of or girls having certain expectations. It's not that common anymore, based on medical statistics, so I don't see that problem for our kids when they grow up.
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search