How much...

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2014, 08:00 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
weight have you gained so far? I know this may be an uncomfortable question for some but I'm really curious to see how we're doing as a group. I'm not exactly sure what the "healthy" range is and my doctor and I have never really talked about weight gain during PG. To date I've gained about 8.2 lbs. While it doesn't seem like much it sure feels like 20. I'm scared to see what the next month brings because all I can think about is when my next meal or snack is. Nom, nom, nom. lol
May 1st, 2014, 08:03 PM
Veteran
I have lost 12 lbs. But I am overweight and I really watch what I eat when I am pregnant and drink a lot less caffeine them when I am not.
Hopolka likes this.

May 1st, 2014, 08:08 PM
I lost about 12-15 pounds with DD, I was so terribly sick. Not until about 16 weeks did I start to gain anything back.
May 1st, 2014, 08:24 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gained about 4 lbs im happy with that number seeing as im a little 'hefty' to begin with

May 1st, 2014, 09:34 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
12 lbs last check they check again Monday lol
May 1st, 2014, 11:16 PM
Veteran
As of my prenatal appointment today, I have lost exactly 10 pounds. I'm not exactly skinny, so it's weight I definitely could afford to lose. The funny part is that even with the weight loss, I feel soooo much heavier.

DD 11
DD 5
DS 2
Boy #2 due 10/27/14

May 2nd, 2014, 02:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm was a bit overweight to begin with so I doubt mind if I lose weight I usually since I'm so sick with pregnancy x

May 2nd, 2014, 05:10 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was up 10lbs from my normal prepregnancy weight but a few of those lbs were from the hormones issues after the double miscarriages. So from the start of this pregnancy to now it's 7 lbs. I don't like it because I know that I gain my bulk in the later second and third trimester but there isn't much I can do about it now. I don't eat horribly and I try to walk every other day. I have a prenatal yoga DVD that I need to start doing but with the move coming up and spring break last week I haven't done it

May 2nd, 2014, 05:48 AM
Super Mommy
I am at about 9-10 lbs lost...I teter back and forth...I have trouble eating and I am also hyperthyroid even before pregnancy..I am much worse now that I am pregnant. I know that has alot to do with my lack of weight gain.
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
May 2nd, 2014, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm on the high end, I'm up 16lbs already. I gain weight super easy if I'm not being super careful because I used be 130 lbs heavier which I lost around 8 years ago, so as soon as I start to eat a bit more than normal it comes on quick because I've messed my body up so badly over the years. I've started to track what I eat so I can try to manage things better. I'm still working out as I have boot camp class, a HIIT class, another class that mixes up strength and cardio plus I am trying to get out and jog a bit still and a prenatal yoga dvd. I still feel great during these classes so I'm trying not to stress about the weight gain, but with my weight history, this is really tough for me mentally. Especially since I kept telling myself that I wouldn't gain a lot while pregnant.
Hopolka and meld10 like this.

May 2nd, 2014, 06:19 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I have you all beat! I am upward of 20 lbs. But I'm not really sure how bad it really is because I am severely constipated, and with quitting smoking I eat a handful of jelly beans even time I have a craving.

May 2nd, 2014, 06:21 AM
Super Mommy
I've gained 12 pounds. I try to not beat myself up about it since I'm not sitting around eating junk food. I just hope I can keep it to 35 total. The m/s phase really hurt - I gained most of these lbs during that phase.

May 2nd, 2014, 07:46 AM
bugz
I've gained... nothing

I lost about 10 in the first trimester. Due in part to CKD and my metabolism skyrocketing. I wasn't throwing up at all and was eating a lot. That put me at being borderline underweight, since I was a healthy weight before. Now I'm supposed to gain 35 pounds, but at least 25, and so far I haven't gained anything. I eat a lot, but my body just doesn't gain weight easily. It took me over a year to gain 10 pounds while eating pure crap foods and not exercising. I'm talking fast food every day for a year, sometimes twice a day. Mountains of poutine and ice cream. So I don't think I'll hit that 35lb mark, not even sure about the 25 mark.
May 2nd, 2014, 08:12 AM
Veteran
I've gained around 10lbs so far. I wish it were a little less but nothing I can really do about it. I have the opposite problem that bugz does. I have to really watch what I eat or I gain like 5 lbs in one day :/
StephcMc likes this.
May 2nd, 2014, 08:13 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitabout View Post
Well I have you all beat! I am upward of 20 lbs. But I'm not really sure how bad it really is because I am severely constipated, and with quitting smoking I eat a handful of jelly beans even time I have a craving.
This is usually me in every pregnancy (the weight gain, not the constipation or smoking ). This time, I'm at about 12 pounds as of my last weighing. I weigh myself at home because I figure that's more consistent since I knew what my starting weight was and weigh at the same time of week each week. I don't even worry about what they come up with at the doctor's. In every pregnancy, I have gained at least 40 pounds so we shall see this time around. I think it has helped with me watching the types of foods I'm eating with the diabetes. I actually lost at one point, and remained steady for several weeks, which is pretty unusual for me.

Last edited by HalfDozen; May 2nd, 2014 at 08:13 AM. Reason: correct typo
May 2nd, 2014, 08:51 AM
Steph, you rock still doing your HIIT stuff and classes. I've been walking/jogging, doing a prenatal interval training dvd, and modifications on my Beachbody dvds. Feels good to finally have the energy to push through again. Keep it up girl. And I hear the rest of you on cravings. Fruit and a bowl of cereal have been my downfalls haha. Though fruit isn't bad, its' just expensive!
May 2nd, 2014, 08:58 AM
Veteran
I lost 15lbs in the first trimester due to my hyperemesis. Now I am up 4 lbs. I am happy with where I am at considering the doctors only want me to gain 25-30 lbs. total with this pregnancy considering my height/weight and diabetes. I am 5'1 and weighed 145 going into this pregnancy. So hopefully when I come out I won't be over 170. This would be awfully hard to loose for me!
May 2nd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Veteran
I was 118 at my first OB appt on March 3, and was 125 at my last appt. on Apr. 28. So 7 lbs.

Last edited by littlecloud; May 2nd, 2014 at 12:39 PM.
May 2nd, 2014, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Rose View Post
I've gained around 10lbs so far. I wish it were a little less but nothing I can really do about it. I have the opposite problem that bugz does. I have to really watch what I eat or I gain like 5 lbs in one day :/
I hear yeah girl! Looking at poutine I would put on 5lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopolka View Post
Steph, you rock still doing your HIIT stuff and classes. I've been walking/jogging, doing a prenatal interval training dvd, and modifications on my Beachbody dvds. Feels good to finally have the energy to push through again. Keep it up girl. And I hear the rest of you on cravings. Fruit and a bowl of cereal have been my downfalls haha. Though fruit isn't bad, its' just expensive!
Thanks! So far it still feels good so I am still doing it, I just try to make sure that I don't over heat. On Wednesday I was starting to get hot so I modified a couple of exercises to cool down but other than that I can still keep up. What is the name of the prenatal interval training dvd you have? I suspect that at some point I'm going to have to switch to something like that. Probably when this session of classes ends in 8 weeks.
oneandonecoming likes this.

May 2nd, 2014, 11:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've gained 3. With DD I lost 15 and ended up only gaining 10. With DS I gained about 18. I'm hoping to keep it under 25. I'm on the very low side of normal for my weight anyway.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search