We Should Just Buy Chickens

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Maddy6912
  • 1 Post By jozzy
  • 2 Post By dyeanotherday
  • 1 Post By Mom97
  • 2 Post By HalfDozen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2014, 08:01 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Seriously, I have already eaten so many eggs this pregnancy! I'm not really that big of an egg fan, but they are sounding sooooo good to me. I love omelets, and I have one of those at least every other day, I think. And fried eggs (over easy - yeah, yeah), which I normally can't even stand the smell of. Plus, there's hard boiled eggs, pickled eggs, deviled eggs. Mmmmmm!!! I was so bummed today because I decided I was going to have fried eggs and toast, knowing we didn't have everything I wanted for an omelet, and there was only 1 left in the carton.

What are everyone else's cravings at this point in the pregnancy? The only other pregnancy I craved eggs was with #5, but it wasn't anywhere near this bad!!

May 21st, 2014, 08:26 AM
Super Mommy
I've been eating a ton of eggs too, but more out of necessity than anything If I don't include some kind of protein (for example, say I have a bowl of cereal instead), I get really jittery and uncomfortable by lunch time. Baby has made it perfectly clear that I am only allowed to have balanced breakfasts, lol.

My MIL lives in the same town and has chickens, but I'm not allowed to eat their eggs. Apparently since they didn't vaccinate their hens there's more bacteria and such in the eggs that might be harmful to baby. :/ Grocery stores are making a fortune off of hubby and I - we use 5 eggs (2 for me, 3 for him) almost every day.

May 21st, 2014, 08:59 AM
Super Mommy
LOL..I cant even look at eggs...and we have 22 chickens! (only 9 laying right now...the rest are not old enough yet) Just the smell gets me gagging...
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
May 21st, 2014, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We go through a ton of eggs. I wish we could have chickens but we don't have any place for them. The kids love to snack on hard boiled eggs. We eat eggs pretty much every morning and that's 6-7 eggs a day for dh, me and 3 kids! I buy our eggs in bulk at Sam's club. It's so much easier that way!

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
May 22nd, 2014, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't eat eggs they make me really sick, which sucks because I LOVE them. This totally started when I was around 30. Otherwise I'd have chickens (well not sure what the bi-law is in town for chickens). I do buy our eggs straight from the farm as we are a part of a farm share for fresh farm vegetables each week.

I'm just a big fan of food in general right now. Craving things like burgers and pizza mostly.

May 22nd, 2014, 07:17 AM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
Snickers ice cream bars, sour skittles and pickles yummmm! The sour skittles are rubbing my tongue raw but I cant stop eating them!
StephcMc likes this.

May 22nd, 2014, 07:54 AM
jozzy's Avatar Veteran
Craving fruits and raw veggies, ice cream, pizza, I can't eat onions which sucks because I normally love onions but they give me the worst after taste that I can't get rid of even after brushing and it makes me soooo nauseous and I think they make me really gassy. ....even more so than pregnancy already makes me LOL. Oh and tuna. I scarfed down a tuna sandwich one day because I was craving one and as soon as I finished I started to gag and then had to make a run for it to the bathroom. Yuck!
StephcMc likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 22nd, 2014, 10:06 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK, I don't remember where I read it - and I think I only read it in one place at that - but toward the beginning of my pregnancy, I read somewhere that if you ate eggs they had to be fully 100% cooked (i.e. no over-easy eggs). Over easy is pretty much the only way I've ever been able to tolerate eggs - do you ladies know differently than this?? I'm totally going to get my "egg" on if I've been misled this whole time!!

....on another note, I can't get enough milk. I've been going through a gallon a week by myself.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 22nd, 2014, 10:47 AM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
eggs, beef, pickles, hot wings, pizza, sauerkraut, cheeseburgers, so much fruit, grapes, strawberries, pineapple, apples, oranges. I am so hungry this pregnancy so hungry lol
HalfDozen and StephcMc like this.
May 22nd, 2014, 12:50 PM
Mom97's Avatar Veteran
Ah we have hens and have tons of eggs! My kids love to eat them, I don't eat them as much, because I'm not a huge fan of eggs. Most of our flock is vaccinated, but we have one hen that is not (she is one of the first hens we had) and we eat all the eggs. I have never heard that a pregnant woman can't eat eggs from hens that aren't vaccinated as the vaccination they receive is for Marek's Disease which doesn't even affect the eggs.

Every pregnancy I've craved citrus like crazy. I have been eating tons of clementines, I can't get enough of them!! YUM! Also ice cream ! We own an ice cream store and I ordered a bunch of new flavors so that I could try them haha! I normally stick to vanilla or chocolate chip, but I've been eating all of them (well, no maple walnut or mint or coffee ones, because I don't like those flavors pregnant or not, but cake batter, cookie dough, oreo cookie, moose tracks, etc!!)... I don't eat much of it, I try not to have many sweets, but I do have a sample here and there!!
StephcMc likes this.

Emily 17, Miriam 13, Annella 11, Eva 9, Audra 7, Eden 6, Roman 3, Vita 17 months and
expecting #9 October 30, 2014!!

May 23rd, 2014, 09:48 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslily1125 View Post
OK, I don't remember where I read it - and I think I only read it in one place at that - but toward the beginning of my pregnancy, I read somewhere that if you ate eggs they had to be fully 100% cooked (i.e. no over-easy eggs). Over easy is pretty much the only way I've ever been able to tolerate eggs - do you ladies know differently than this?? I'm totally going to get my "egg" on if I've been misled this whole time!!

....on another note, I can't get enough milk. I've been going through a gallon a week by myself.
I don't know that you were necessarily misinformed, but I don't listen to any of that stuff. I eat cold lunch meat, sushi (I actually only like the sashimi, which is just the raw fish), overeasy eggs, etc.
Mslily1125 and StephcMc like this.

May 23rd, 2014, 10:56 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Got it. I still may have been misinformed, as I've never seen it on another do-not-touch list since then.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 23rd, 2014, 03:34 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should eat over easy eggs only if they are pasteurized, so I just buy pasteurized ones. My cravings are fresh fruit- esp berries, salads, corn on the cob, homemade pizza. Milk is always a given lol. I go through half gallon or more a day. And being organic milk, it isn't cheap:/ Sometimes I mix a little chocolate milk in which makes me go through it even faster.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search