for seasoned mom's

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Bigsurprise75
  • 4 Post By AmyLM
  • 3 Post By pr1madona
  • 1 Post By dyeanotherday

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2014, 12:04 PM
Bigsurprise75's Avatar Veteran
I catch myself more and more marveling at all the new things they come out with for baby since I had my last. There were no bumbo's back then.

I chuckled over this today at my local pharmacy

The nosefrida I would totally give a try but the windy?? Anybody tried this yet?
It sure made me
maggie303 likes this.

May 22nd, 2014, 12:11 PM
Super Mommy
It's funny you should mention those two things in particular... shortly after I got pregnant, my husband and I went to take a stroll through Babies R Us because we wanted to get a feel for what we were signing up for. The Snotsucker was the ONLY thing there that made us both cringe in terror. Everything else was at least somewhat understandable, but we were both horrified by the prospect of sucking snot out of a baby's nose with a tube... just not my cup of tea! (If nothing else, I don't know what they run you there, but the cost here is really prohibitive.) I will stick to the manual ones I think

I don't get the Windi... what is it supposed to do?

May 22nd, 2014, 12:13 PM
Bigsurprise75's Avatar Veteran
Ok the windi is even more strange. Its a plastic tube that you insert in the tush and it relieves babies gas. Yeah. Weird. I have since talked to a couple of moms and they swear by the nosefrida. Go figure.

May 22nd, 2014, 12:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I actually have a nosefrida! It works and you do NOT get snot in your mouth. It doesn't even come close. It works so much better than the nose sucker you get from the hospital. I have never heard of the Windi though and haven't looked to see how it works. After being up hours with a gassy, screaming baby, using every method under the sun to help relieve the gas, I'd probably try anything. I'd do cartwheels if that meant my baby would get relief.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
May 22nd, 2014, 01:17 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I find the nasal suction bulb works just fine. That or putting a few drops of breastmilk up the nose. As for the Windi, that is just odd lol.

May 22nd, 2014, 02:52 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Nose suckers work perfectly fine for me - that one you posted makes me wanna....bleh.....!!!

Windy wipes (wait, are they wipes? oh I read it wrong...I though it was a new name for baby wipes..)

When I was younger having the older 2, I HAD to have EVERYTHING new that came out. Now that Im almost 30, Im on baby #4 - Im perfectly happy with having the minimal things needed. All that stuff just collects dust!!
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (4) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
May 22nd, 2014, 02:55 PM
bugz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think those nose suckers are pretty neat lol. At first I was like ... . But after reading about them and seeing videos, I think they are pretty cool. Most of the stuff they have now days I won't be buying because it seems pointless. Like a bumbo, definitely won't be having that.

October 20, 2013
May 22nd, 2014, 05:24 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bumbo's are actually really useful. Once baby is out of the bouncy seat, I love to put them in the bumbo so they can sit up and be around us all:-)
~*Bethy*~, ashleyjo and StephcMc like this.

May 22nd, 2014, 06:45 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Ive never had a bumbo with my other ones, but Im tempted to get one for this baby.
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (4) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
May 22nd, 2014, 06:48 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mine never liked the bumbo
May 22nd, 2014, 08:16 PM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
The windi is bad! I can't believe they invented it, if you stick something up babies butt to make them fart could be really dangerous, their muscle could get used to something being stuck there and the only way babies would fart is if that thing was in their butt! My SIL tried doing this with my nephew because he was very gassy so she would stick her pinkie finger, and her doctor immediately said stop. Very dangerous for baby.

May 22nd, 2014, 08:34 PM
bugz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah a lot of people love them. From my research they just aren't a product that is safe or really useful for the baby (useful for parents, though). Same with exersaucers or jolly jumpers, which aren't recommended at all or for more than 15 minutes or so a day by quite a few doctors and other people. I'm sure most parents leave them in those a lot longer and many babies are just fine. But just not right for our family .

October 20, 2013
May 22nd, 2014, 10:00 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
My son hated his bumbo until he was too big for it, go figure lol. It survived our fire because my mom had it at her house, so I may give it a shot with this baby. I bought it used for like $10 so if she hates it too, it's not a big loss

I have a lot of friends who swear by the nose frida, but I wouldn't touch the windi with a 10 foot pole.
Team PINK!!!
May 23rd, 2014, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The nose thing looks interesting, I would probably try that if I got it as a gift but I don't think I would buy it on my own. The gas thing sounds nuts.

I have a bumbo with a tray that I bought used for my sister and a friend of mine that I lent it to just returned it. I sent away for the safety belt that they added with the recall, if you buy a new one it comes with the belt. It's really just common sense with the bumbo's they are meant for the floor not to be up on the kitchen counter.

May 23rd, 2014, 06:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my kids all hated the bumbo. I used it a handful of times, total, for all 3 of them. I just sold it for $10 a few months ago. I doubt I'll get another one.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
May 23rd, 2014, 07:31 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never had a bumbo. It looked kinda dumb to me. The nose sucker I might actually look into, But that gas thing no way I don't even use a rectal thermometer!

May 23rd, 2014, 10:04 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We have a bumbo, but we never had it till #4. We bought it because they had one at daycare, and she LOVED being in it. We used to use it all the time with her, and it was an investment well worth the money for us. #5 didn't use it hardly at all. He didn't have much interest, and he was always trying to get out of it. We never had that issue with #4. She was content to just sit and watch everything going on. Him, not so much. I still have it so we'll see if this baby likes it.

And bad mom alert, we don't have a safety belt, and I'm not getting one.

May 25th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugz View Post
I think those nose suckers are pretty neat lol. At first I was like ... . But after reading about them and seeing videos, I think they are pretty cool. Most of the stuff they have now days I won't be buying because it seems pointless. Like a bumbo, definitely won't be having that.
I love the bumbo!
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
May 25th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got a bumbo for my son I got it used from a friend so the cost was really low Joshua loved it will use it for this baby but I would never leave him unattended in it

May 26th, 2014, 04:32 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cannot say enough good things about the nosefrida. If you get an infant that seemed to grab every single cold that their older sibling brought in the first year of your life - you will be on your hands and knees thanking whatever it is you believe in for the nose frida. My son was absolutely TERRIFIED of the bulb syringe. It might have to do with the fact that he spent a month in childrens hospital of Philadelphia with airborne infant botulism and was intubated with suction for almost two weeks but anything near his nose was a big giant no no. He would become possessed. The nosefrida? no problem at all!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search