Our little boy's name

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 8 Post By meld10
  • 1 Post By flitabout
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By butterflies.in.a.jar
  • 2 Post By Sylvera
  • 1 Post By bugz
  • 2 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By AmyLM
  • 1 Post By ~*Bethy*~
  • 1 Post By babymama10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2014, 05:04 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first language is French (although followed pretty closely with English since my mom is 50% anglophone and I live in a bilingual town), DF's family is francophone and our kids will be going to French-speaking schools so our boy name is a French one. He will be called Antoine.

I love to see all the wonderful middle names all of you are using with various meanings attached to them, I also find that they sound so nice. However, Francophones don't really do middle name, the latest trends we've seen was to put both family names (of the mom and dad) as a composed last name and composed first names as well.

DF had both a composed last name and first name and he found it very annoying since it would give him trouble with gov. docs, the teachers in school would call is name wrong and so on so he absolutely was against composed names for our kids.

However Antoine is still a name that will honor someone important to me who was called ''Tony'' which was a friend of my family who pretty much was a grand-father to me (we also shared the same birthday - separated by 33 years ahah). He was Croatian so his name was actually Ante which is the equivalent of Anthony in English... so Antoine is somewhat the equivalent in French.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
May 25th, 2014, 06:13 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love that and where you got the name is soooo sweet!
meld10 likes this.

May 25th, 2014, 06:59 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I love the name Antoine!
meld10 likes this.

May 25th, 2014, 07:20 AM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
Awww cute!!!! I love the special meaning with it too!
meld10 likes this.
Team PINK!!!
May 25th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Super Mommy
Very cute - love it I feel bad - none of my name choices so far have any of the fun meanings that it seems like everyone else has! I better pick some good middle names!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meld10 View Post
DF had both a composed last name and first name and he found it very annoying since it would give him trouble with gov. docs, the teachers in school would call is name wrong and so on so he absolutely was against composed names for our kids.
Tell your husband I know where he's coming from and I pity him! I have a hyphenated last name and it was a nightmare - I couldn't wait to change it when I got married.
meld10 and StephcMc like this.

May 25th, 2014, 09:27 AM
bugz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the name ! I tried to get DF on board with Aurélie for a girl, but he kept saying it sounds like orally.

I'd love to send Emmett to a French school but there aren't any where we live. There are schools with French Immersion but it's not the same thing, at least not from what I've experienced. Plus, DF's family doesn't speak any French and our city isn't bilingual so it probably wouldn't be in his best interest. I'll just teach him French from home and reassess the situation when he starts elementary and high school.
meld10 likes this.
May 28th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
aww I love it Mel!!! Just popping in to check on you, and see that you're having a boy!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats and what a beautiful name!!
meld10 and StephcMc like this.

May 28th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love it! Especially when it's pronounced with a beautiful French accent and not my ugly American one! I sound like a hick when I say it. ha! I just saw a movie called Café de Flore and the main character's name was Antoine. The way it flowed off of everyone's tongue was beautiful.
meld10 likes this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
May 28th, 2014, 11:24 AM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
I love it! At least your kid has a name. We dont have anything LOL
meld10 likes this.
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (4) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
May 28th, 2014, 12:33 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
I love love love the name..I have no middle name so the government puts my ugly ugly ugly maiden in place of my middle name on all documents like drivers license and medical records and as a child on my school acts,mcats,and whatever.I do not have a relationship with mybirth family and my maiden is hard for people to figure out so everytime someone reads it out loud or I see the name it feels like a punch in the gut for me. But with you having a boy I assume they may put your maiden name in place of a middle.......not sure. Its sooooooooooo stupid. You have to have something in the blank for a middle name on forms.Who cares????
meld10 likes this.

Last edited by babymama10; May 28th, 2014 at 12:37 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search