just a little grumpy..

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By lfavorite83
  • 2 Post By ~*Bethy*~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2014, 03:00 AM
lfavorite83's Avatar Veteran
Allergy season is kicking my butt lately, and the meds I used to take isn't on the list of approved medications my MW office gave me. The one comparable med (Claritin) is on there, but it says I'm not supposed to take anything for more than 7 days....but the reason I stopped using Claritin and switched to Allegra was because it often took at least a week for it to kick in and start working! I can't sleep anymore (usually give up around 3 or 4am, and I can never nap during the day), and I'm uncomfortable from the nasal/ear pressure that is ever present.

Also went home to visit my folks this past weekend and told them about finding out the gender (since we kept it a secret since my mother is having boundary issues right now). In their words, I am apparently not "excited" enough about being pregnant and becoming a mother....and that as a result, I am stifling their excitement about becoming grandparents. ***??
I have always been very independent and have a strong sense of self. As a result, even though I am in fact, excited about parenthood...it's not my whole life. It's one facet, just as other things in my world are just one piece of the puzzle. My family has stopped asking me about how school is going or anything else and only ask me questions about the baby or talk to me about the baby. I am feeling like a baby vessel lately, and I tried to talk to them about it...which is what precipitated the "i'm not excited enough" talk from them.

So frustrating!! I don't know what else to do, and they haven't been very respectful of my privacy either - I asked everyone to limit baby talk on facebook, and my mom went and made her profile picture my ultrasound from last month - without my permission. I feel like I have to withhold information all the time from them, which is a major stressor.

On the plus side - because I love finding the positives in my day - hubby was doing the dishes last night and I was fixing a bowl of ice cream, and he stopped and kissed me and said "I don't know if I tell you often enough, but I love you and wanted to say I appreciate you for what you're going through to have our baby, I know it isn't always easy but you are doing a great job." Totally started crying into my ice cream at that point - what a guy
~*Bethy*~, StephcMc and Sylvera like this.

TEAM PINK!!
May 27th, 2014, 04:13 AM
bugz
For what it's worth, my doctor told me Allegra is perfectly fine provided you don't use it in the first trimester. She's a high risk OB and she said if my allergies are disturbing my sleep or making me miserable, to take allergy medication. She doesn't like the nasal sprays though. Claritin doesn't do much for me either.

Sorry your family is still being overbearing. I can't really relate, because I keep getting told I talk about the baby too much or think about it too much. I have no other distractions right now so that's all I really have to focus on. People keep asking me how I'm going to finish school, etc. So we're in opposite boats there.

I'd cry if my DF said that to me. I wish he'd say that lol.
May 27th, 2014, 04:30 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was told by my perinatologist, that taking claratin was fine. I have been taking it consistently the whole pregnancy. Have you tried using the neti pot for nasal pressure? I use it every month and as long as it you clean it and let it air dry, use the powder and distilled water it works great!

I am sorry you are getting crap from your family. I was told that I wasn't excited enough about a pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage and that I didn't have a reason to be sad about it because of that. People are weird and don't understand. Hugs!!

May 27th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First your hubby rocks! He sounds amazing. Mine is a man of very few words. Unless he's had a bit too much drink.

Second, the advice I can give you on your mom is to stand your ground with her, she wants you and your new little one in her life and she will respect the boundaries eventually (most of the time) in order to be apart of your lives. I've done a lot of reading on dealing controlling mothers.

P. S. Allergies suck major ***. I got a humidifier for my bedroom and an air cleaner as well. This seems to have been helping a lot. I'm still a bit stuffy but normally I would have a sinus infection by now.

May 27th, 2014, 06:45 AM
lfavorite83's Avatar Veteran
Hmm, Shanna I'll have to ask my MW next week when I have my next appointment if Allegra is ok then!! It has been a total drag - they said Benedryl is ok to take long term, but I can't do Benedryl since I never know if it's going to keep me awake or put me to sleep, so I avoid it like the plague. I would be over the moon if I could take my Allegra! I stopped using my humidifier because it's too hot now to use it, as it is I have to keep all the windows closed to keep the pollen out and it's getting into the 80s some days!! When I do end up falling asleep, I wake up in a pool of sweat because it's so hot in the room, even with fans going.

TEAM PINK!!
May 27th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Allegra and claratin have always been offered to me. I'd ask again :-)

Parents can sometimes care so much it ruins things for us. That's how my mom is. She loves something so much it is almost a toxic situation. She doesn't know she does it. But she will shove others aside that ive deemed close friends enough to be family when she knows darn well she's not the next in line. It's frustrating.

Hubbys are good at that sounds like yours is awesome :-)
lfavorite83 and StephcMc like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search