Thinking about Hypnobabies...

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Amelya
  • 2 Post By pr1madona
  • 1 Post By flitabout
  • 2 Post By StephcMc
  • 3 Post By Amelya
  • 1 Post By Amelya

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2014, 08:11 PM
Hoping for baby #2
My hospital has a birthing pool that they wont let me give birth in but I can labor till my heart is content. I am considering doing Hypnobabies Home Study Course Bundles because I am comfortable with the idea of self hypnosis and think it will produce decent results. My hang up is that its not offered in my area as an actual class. The classes that are offered like the Bradley method are like double the price, so the cost is also appealing, and I am not confident that I will have a birth partner that I will not throw out of the room during labor. I also don't want to pay 500 for a doula since I am having my placenta encapsulated already.

Anyone have any experience with Hypnobabies birthing? Should I take the birth class offered at the hospital just to get a refresher course of what to expect at their hospital? I am delivering at a different hospital this time around.

June 1st, 2014, 10:08 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
I have heard wonderful things about hypnobabies, from quite a few friends, and I wanna do it so bad!!!! But it's not in our budget. I took a natural childbirth class last time around, but it really wasn't anything I didn't already learn online.
Team PINK!!!
June 1st, 2014, 11:11 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds different. I would love to hear how it works for you after you deliver. I did the lamaze classes with two babies and it didn't help me at all. The only way I got threw my few unmedicted births from failed epidurals was to walk and change positions like crazy and for to be left alone without someone breathing in my face. But I tried lamaze and mental imagining didn't me at all. The breathing properly and remaining focused does tho. But I was Not really mentally prepared to go natural. I waited until I needed the epidural and assumed that would be it but sometimes they just don't go in right or always work at all. So I had no choice but to go natural and I was pi** ed. This happened a couple of times. If you are prepared mentally and physically to do this that is half the battle right there. I may buy the kit myself for a back up plan. But I will admit I am already mentally preparing for a epidural. Let me know what you think if you order the kit and review it. This sounds very different.
June 2nd, 2014, 09:20 AM
Hoping for baby #2
My main reason for considering this, is because my first labor the epi failed and I was forced to labor without pain relief, like I was receiving pain relief. The hospital I delivered at created more birth trauma than any women should ever have to go through, sadly I am one of many women who had this experience. I am hoping it will work out to my benefit, since I am trained for higher self awareness through Social Work. I should get the CDs sometime next week. I look forward to trying them out and I figure its early enough to get something else if I doubt its effectiveness.

June 4th, 2014, 07:03 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used Hypnobabies home study with #3. She turned out to be my longest labor (18hrs). I did it without any pain meds. Hypnobabies was great for relaxing during the pregnancy and early labor. Once I got to the hospital I didn't really use it much because I was walking around a ton and doing different positions to get her in the ideal position. I would definitely recommend it especially if you want to have a natural childbirth.

June 12th, 2014, 09:38 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My hubby's old boss's wife did it, and they loved it. I like the idea of it, but I'm cheap, cheap, cheap. I've done natural with a couple of mine, and I've had an epidural with some also. One of those was a failed epidural, and I actually don't remember the last 2 1/2 - 3 hours of labor with her. I guess I did my own hypnosis. But I also really freaked hubby out!!!

June 13th, 2014, 05:56 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've just started looking into material to help me prepare for a natural birth and I so want the study course but I am also cheap ahah. I'm going to try and find free ressources instead. I'm sure there is lots of information all around (books at the library / internet).

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
June 13th, 2014, 06:38 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard nothing but good things about hypnobabies. With Bradley you can do the same and just get the books or the videos. Lamaze is basically pointless unless you want to hyperventilate. Stupid breathing crap! The cool thing about Bradley and hypno is they can be used together. I say go for!!!!!
HalfDozen likes this.

June 13th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I am going to look into this. I've been trying to find a natural child birth class for myself but my husband definitely won't want to go. I have no idea how he is going to be during the birth and as long as things go well I will be going natural. So far I've been watching youtube videos of natural births so I have an idea of what to expect. Looks intense. My one friend told me to call her if my husband isn't supportive because she's btdt and I think I will plan on her being there regardless.

Long story short, I am going to look into this hypnobabies. thing.

June 13th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Hoping for baby #2
I started the hypnobabies study already and so far I really like it. Certainly is relaxing and I feel confident that its something that I can do peacefully. I am not sure that the staff is going to know how to handle me laboring so peacefully though. I think I need a t-shirt or something so people will not bug me. Cause I am half asleep through the tracks.

June 13th, 2014, 10:35 PM
I feel so behind!! I still really really want to do hypnobabies but I worry that I'm gonna start too late and not have the effects that I want. I'm desperate to find a cheaper way to do it!!!
Team PINK!!!
June 14th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Hoping for baby #2
It looks like if I can get the cds to a mp3 format all you have to do is burn them to a a blank disc. Then just need a book to follow along.

Mind you I started early cause im at risk of preterm labor. You only need to do it 6 weeks before your due date.

June 14th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelya View Post
It looks like if I can get the cds to a mp3 format all you have to do is burn them to a a blank disc. Then just need a book to follow along.

Mind you I started early cause im at risk of preterm labor. You only need to do it 6 weeks before your due date.
That would be awesome. I was hoping to find it on a torrent site, but nothing came up when I looked. Even used on eBay the sellers are asking just about as much as the hypnobabies companies themselves!
Team PINK!!!
June 17th, 2014, 11:12 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amelya, please keep us posted on how you are liking hypnobabies as you move along with the program . It might help change my mind to buy it or ask it as a gift from family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelya View Post
Hmmm that could be an interesting option! However I am not seeing the book available as a buy separately option... will look further!

6/12/2013- 8 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search