If you bought a brand new Graco car seat...

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By butterflies.in.a.jar
  • 2 Post By ashleyjo
  • 1 Post By littlecloud
  • 1 Post By flitabout
  • 1 Post By butterflies.in.a.jar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2014, 01:06 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
It may still have the recalled buckle on it. I'm mad, because the brand new seat we bought for baby girl from Walmart came with the recalled buckle, and my son's seat also has a recalled buckle too, so I ordered 2 of the new buckles, and they only sent me one. So now I have to call and complain. I won't be buying from Graco again When they put out the recall, why would they leave the recalled items still on store shelves? Car seats aren't cheap!
StephcMc likes this.
Team PINK!!!
June 3rd, 2014, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i will have to check mine. I already know that my MIL bought us a monitor with a recalled battery.

June 3rd, 2014, 01:56 PM
bugz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll have to be careful of that, we're planning on getting a graco travel system soon because Toys R Us has some one sale.

October 20, 2013
June 3rd, 2014, 07:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I never got Bella's nautilus straps replaced I heard it was for a malfunctioning seat belt snap (the crotch buckle) and we've never had issues with ours so I didnt see the need.
June 3rd, 2014, 07:17 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea..i never got new buckles either.. we've had problems a couple times with colins but hes about to come out of his harness.. I haven't looked at baby girls new seat though.. its still in the box in the garage..
~*Bethy*~ and StephcMc like this.

June 3rd, 2014, 10:19 PM
My son got stuck in his seat a few months before the recall and it was pretty scary actually. No matter what we did, we couldn't get it open. 5 of us tried. We finally got it loosened enough to slide him out, but it wasn't exactly easy. I called Graco at the time and they blamed me. Since the buckle would not open no matter what we did, we were stuck buying a new seat and getting rid of that one. Unfortunately Graco is pretty much the only brand I can buy locally, we ended up with another Graco seat. That has the recalled buckle too. It's hard to undo sometimes, so it scares me that it's gonna get stuck like the last one. With the convertible seats, they aren't quite sunken down in as far as an infant bucket, and since it was so hard to get him out of the convertible, I can't imagine trying to squeeze a newborn out of a stuck buckle in a bucket seat... So I'm not using the seats without a new buckle. You guys who haven't had any problems are lucky!
Team PINK!!!
June 4th, 2014, 05:00 AM
Veteran
I'd complain to Walmart and Graco that the store should at the very least have a sign letting people know whenever there is a recall on an item and that if they purchase it, they will have to replace the recalled part.
June 4th, 2014, 05:06 AM
Veteran
How do we know if it has the new buckle? Anyone know what it looks like vs. the old buckle? I don't have mine yet but registered for a Grace SnugRide Click Connect 35.
June 4th, 2014, 07:10 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That was a mistake on Walmart's part. They should have pulled the recalled seats from the shelf and sent them back to Graco. That's why I don't buy my car seats from them.

June 4th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecloud View Post
How do we know if it has the new buckle? Anyone know what it looks like vs. the old buckle? I don't have mine yet but registered for a Grace SnugRide Click Connect 35.
The old buckles had a rounded button. The new ones have a square button. I'm glad that I was waiting for the replacement buckle for my son's seats so I knew what the old buckles look like! I would've never thought to check a brand new seat otherwise!
littlecloud likes this.
Team PINK!!!
June 12th, 2014, 09:41 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Living in a hole here. I have no idea what you all are even talking about. I guess I don't know if the buckle on my infant seat is recalled since this is the first I'm hearing about it...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search