Is a 3D u/s good at 25 weeks?

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pokypuppy
  • 1 Post By ashleyjo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2014, 05:19 PM
bugz
DF's mom/MIL (I'm not quite sure what to call her yet) wants to pay for a 3D ultrasound () because she has never seen an ultrasound of any kind and thinks they are so cool. She was amazed by the 2D pictures and video we have. But the best date to have everyone involved (DF, his mom and a couple people on my side) is July 6-ish. I'd be 25 weeks at that point. The clinic says 24-32 weeks is best. Anyone had one around 25 and think it was worth it? I'm not sure if we're better of waiting and not having my family there. I can always send them pictures.
June 4th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Veteran
I would call the clinic and ask their thoughts. I know when we went in for our elective scan at 16 weeks, they told us the best time to come back in for a 3D that gave us a good look at facial features was between 26-34 weeks.

DD 11
DD 5
DS 2
Boy #2 due 10/27/14

June 4th, 2014, 05:32 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
I did have many 3D ultrasounds done with our last baby. We had the first one done at 25 weeks and 2 days. The babies face was beautiful. She looked just like her pick when she was born. The later ones just showed her fatter and fatter. She did not look bony at all at 25 weeks. She had the biggest cheeks even then and lots of hair. I can't wait to do them again in 3D with this baby.
June 4th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
They gave me one last week when I had my echo and it came out pretty good at just 21 weeks. But I'd call the place where you would have it and ask what they suggest. I know if you wait too long, the baby is all squished in there and you can't get a very good pic. Do it too early and it looks to skeletal and no meat on their bones!

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
June 4th, 2014, 05:51 PM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
I had one at three different times. I'll show you pictures and you can see.

This was at 24 weeks

29 weeks

31 weeks

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
June 4th, 2014, 06:39 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one last week and the face pics actually came out pretty good. I was surprised. My babies drop super early and when I tried to go around 29-30wks, her head was already behind my pelvic bone so we never got a good face shot.

June 4th, 2014, 07:08 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Personally id wait.. our voucher is to go back between 26-32 weeks or something like that and im going to wait till the very end.. our pictures we got with my oldest were AMAZING.. and it was just over 32 weeks..

Id wait for him to have a little more meat on his bones.. but that's me

June 4th, 2014, 07:17 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
I think I was 31 weeks when I had mine done with my son, and they were beautiful. I don't know anything about going any earlier, but I agree, I would call the center you plan to use and ask them what they think
Team PINK!!!
June 4th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
they usually say anything after 26-28 weeks is not ledgable. I say go for it. Im going back in at 23 weeks to re-measure stuff and my OB said that they are still small enough.
June 5th, 2014, 04:22 AM
bugz
Such a hard choice! I'll have to think about it a bit more. Did anyone get bored during their scan? The package is 30 minutes long and I'll be honest, during the anatomy scan when she brought DF back and showed us for 10 minutes (I didn't get to see really before that) I started getting antsy to leave. I might have just been excited, but I'm not sure if I'll get bored.
June 5th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Super Mommy
My OB says the most high yield time for a facial profile of your baby is 28 weeks - I have no idea why that is but I am going to schedule a 4D for 28 weeks based on their suggestion.

June 5th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Veteran
I think I am going 28-29 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search