Well, it's official...

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sylvera
  • 1 Post By Bigsurprise75

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Super Mommy
I'm no longer a tummy sleeper It's way too uncomfortable unless I can prop myself up in just the right way with pillows.

I am actually pretty much confined to my back, now that I think about it... I would most often sleep on my stomach or right side, but recently I have noticed a ton of pressure and discomfort when I try to lay on my right side. For some reason, the same is not true of the left, which is still fine (but I don't like doing it for some reason). I guess the baby must be hanging out over on my right side? That was where he was at my last ultrasound, but I figured he would have moved by now.

How are you guys faring in the sleep department?
~*Bethy*~ likes this.

June 5th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm jealous that you were able to sleep on your tummy for so long! It seems like ages since I could do that and I really miss it
Lately sleep has started to elude me as I get more and more uncomfortable, I have a bunch of really soft pillows that I surround myself with and try to use them to prop my belly up when I am on my side and one between my knees to relieve hip pressure, I also tend to sleep on my back alot- I know they say that sleeping on your back is a no no but I have always done it throughout all my pregnancies with no issues and my midwife assures me that if it doesn't make me feel dizzy or sick then it is perfectly safe.
June 5th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
He gets MAD when I sleep on my tummy. I havent been able to sleep on my tummy for about a good 6 weeks now. Before, it felt like what you are describing, a giant uncomfortable lump that would make my tummy hurt if I laid on it. Now its either on my back or my side (which is ok)
June 5th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Bigsurprise75's Avatar Veteran
Ha me neither since 2 nights ago. Too much protest from the womb hijacker. I used to go to sleep what looks like spiderman crawling up a building pose. he he. But be careful sleeping on your back is not good either. Left side is best I heard. I borrowed my daughters 5ft long bodypillow (its so big its like a 3rd person in our bed) to drape myself around it now.
Sylvera likes this.

June 5th, 2014, 08:07 AM
lfavorite83's Avatar Veteran
You're lucky you got to sleep on your tummy so long! The whole first tri I had to avoid it because my boobs hurt so bad, and by the time they stopped hurting, it was uncomfortable to be on my tummy. So I'm relegated to side sleeping. I've read about back sleeping (they say you should stop after the first tri) because it collapses the vessel that goes to the placenta and can cut off blood supply, which increases the likelihood of a stillbirth. I would definitely check with your doc if they think you're ok to continue with back sleeping - maybe it differs based on pregnancy, your body size, etc? Body pillows are my best friend these days - try one out to see if it helps you now! If you stick with back-sleeping, you can always lay on top of the body pillow but prop it up at the head and mid to upper back level, that way you aren't laying flat but you still get relief.

TEAM PINK!!
June 5th, 2014, 08:26 AM
bugz
I can still sleep on my stomach but at times it's a bit uncomfortable. I guess it depends on where he is sitting. He doesn't kick at all when I'm on my stomach, though I'm not sure if that's good or bad. He moves a lot, so when he's not moving I find it concerning.

For me, sleep has been awful. I can't get comfortable and when I do, I don't stay comfortable for long. If I lay on one side for too long I have to switch completely to the other side because it hurts. I usually fall asleep on my right side with a body pillow between my legs and I lean on it. But I wake up hourly every night to either adjust or because I'm being kicked hard. I'm awake every night from 2-4am because Emmett won't settle down. I predict restless nights in my future. On the bright side, I'm not very tired anymore since I'm getting use to this limited sleep thing.
June 5th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Super Mommy
I too have read negative things about sleeping on your back for the same reason but if you wake up on your back, not to worry. I've been trying to force the side sleeping as much as possible but my hips are starting to hurt in the middle of the night so I keep rotating until I give up and lay on my back (my favorite position) for a while but it does worry me a little. I'm so happy I am not a stomach sleeper since I know I'm suffering from limited back sleep but I still get some!

June 5th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Super Mommy
I had no idea that I wasn't supposed to sleep on my back! ARGH. Thank you for letting me know, ladies. I will need to ask my midwife about that at my next appointment. Also, I love the term 'womb hijacker'

I guess I might need to make hubby switch sides of the bed with me. I like sleeping on my right, on the right side of the bed, because he will usually cuddle up when I do if it gets chilly. I guess we will just need to flip the whole thing.

I guess I should also invest in a good body pillow. Maybe it will help with the discomfort

June 5th, 2014, 10:25 AM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
Ditto about hearing back sleeping isn't safe. But my midwife told me that if you wake up on your back for no other reason, the baby is most likely telling you it's time to roll over.

I have been sleeping like crap cuz I'm usually a back sleeper, but even if I lay on my back the last few days, it feels like everything is over stretching in my belly/uterus area so I have to roll over anyway. On my left side, I have the same issue where it feels like crazy pressure and kind of pain and just really uncomfortable. So I've been confined to my right side... But I have woken up with a really sore hip the last 2 nights. The snoogle maternity pillow helps my top leg not hurt, but I think its time for a softer mattress!
Team PINK!!!
June 5th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Veteran
I can only sleep on my right or left side, anything is a pain!
June 5th, 2014, 11:46 AM
bugz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvera View Post
I had no idea that I wasn't supposed to sleep on my back! ARGH. Thank you for letting me know, ladies. I will need to ask my midwife about that at my next appointment. Also, I love the term 'womb hijacker'

I guess I might need to make hubby switch sides of the bed with me. I like sleeping on my right, on the right side of the bed, because he will usually cuddle up when I do if it gets chilly. I guess we will just need to flip the whole thing.

I guess I should also invest in a good body pillow. Maybe it will help with the discomfort
I just got a $40 Laura Ashley body pillow from Bed, Bath & Beyond and it works great. It's plush and firm at the same time. I have to be careful though or my DF steals it lol.

I switch sides with DF sometimes. Because I like when he cuddles up to me and sleep way better when he does. He doesn't care at all.
June 12th, 2014, 09:54 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I have, in the last couple of weeks, started sleeping on my stomach again. With #5, I felt like I couldn't from almost the moment I was pregnant. It was very uncomfortable. And I am much bigger much earlier this time, but it doesn't bother me being on my stomach this time around.

As for back sleeping, that is also one of my favorite positions to fall asleep in because that's when baby will start kicking, and I'll put myself to sleep just feeling that. I've had OB's and midwives, and they have always told me that as long as I'm comfortable on my back, there is nothing to be concerned about. I know that later in pregnancy, I can't be on my back because I will black out so I'm taking advantage of it now.

Earlier in this pregnancy, I could not sleep on my left side at all because it was very uncomfortable. However, now I can alternate sides pretty much okay, but I definitely prefer the right side. It's been that way with most of my pregnancies. My left side is never as comfortable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search