Should I find out or not?

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jozzy
  • 3 Post By Maddy6912

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Need opinions ladies I have my anatomy scan on Monday very excited but scared to praying baby is healthy but do I find out gender I want to know my SO doesn't originally he was coming to the scan and I prob wouldn't have a choice since they won't tell u gender unless ur both in agreement and we can't agree but now he can't make it so my mum is coming instead so I could find out but not tell him but I feel bad doing that what would u do also I really want a girl and I feel awful saying this but I'm scared I'm going to be sad if it's a boy I have one of each but I really want a girl this time this will prob be our last baby

June 6th, 2014, 06:05 AM
jozzy's Avatar Veteran
I am not the best person to give advice because id just go ahead and find out anyway lol....I'm just sneaky like that. However most people would probably tell you that you shouldn't go behind his back and just wait.

Make a pregnancy ticker

June 6th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
Your the one carrying the baby, if you want to know then find out! I would find out and not tell hubby, its his fault he doesn't want to find out. Most people would probably not agree but you shouldn't not find out just because he doesn't want to know.

June 6th, 2014, 06:26 AM
Regular
How well can your Mum keep a secret? You know yourself best, do you really think you can know and not let it slip to ANYBODY over the next 4 months or so?

June 6th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Veteran
Hmm, I'd never be able to keep it secret, I'd accidentally say she/he or something and give the game away! Perhaps you could find out and then just tell SO that the sonographer let it slip without you asking?

Team Pink!!!
June 6th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Super Mommy
That's a bit tricky. If it were just me and I wanted to know but hubby didn't (we were actually the opposite but I caved), I would probably find out and keep it to myself. Since your mom is going to be there too I think you might have a harder time guarding your secret, you can't really be sure that she won't share.

I really wanted a girl too, but I was able to brace myself ahead of time for the 'disappointment' of a boy. When it did turn out to be a boy, I was a lot less disappointed than I thought I would be. It turned out that all I really cared about was having a healthy baby. I promise you it will matter less than you think.

June 6th, 2014, 09:30 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't be able to take it. I would have to find out!!!!

June 6th, 2014, 10:16 AM
bugz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's a tough choice. Can you talk to your SO and see what he thinks about you finding out the gender but not him? I think that is the best compromise. It's your choice just as much as it is his, so neither of you should be forced either way. I'll be honest, if I were in your shoes I'd find out and if my DF didn't want to know I wouldn't tell him. But I wouldn't lie to him and tell him I didn't find out the gender.

Don't worry about being disappointed about the gender. If you are disappointed, that is completely normal and there is nothing wrong with it. I was dead sure that I wanted a girl and did not want a boy at all when I heard "there is the scrotum and penis" nothing really went through my head. I was a bit surprised that it was a boy, but seeing him was so amazing. After the u/s I was so happy and could have cared less. But, when we got home I'll admit that I was pretty upset for a few hours. Then that feeling went away and now I couldn't be happier about having a boy. I'm so excited to be having a boy.

October 20, 2013
June 6th, 2014, 03:48 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
I'd have to find out. If he doesn't want to know, you don't have to tell him, but I wouldn't not find out just because he didn't wanna know.
Team PINK!!!
June 6th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Look at it from another point of view...

If he did something you asked him not to do and then lied to you and said he didnt' do it, how would you feel?

Talk to him about it. See if you can get him to agree.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search