This seems ridiculous!

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By ~*Bethy*~
  • 1 Post By butterflies.in.a.jar
  • 9 Post By Sylvera

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Super Mommy
I'm now 21 weeks and 4 days and I still can't definitively say whether or not I have felt movement. I'm starting to get very anxious about it.

I know that there are a lot of deciding factors that impact when/how much you feel, and I fail most of them, but I still wish I could count on those little reassurances! It's my first baby, I'm a little bit overweight (nobody seems to be able to agree on whether or not that matters), I have an anterior placenta, and the last I saw (though he may very well have moved by now), baby was tucked up and to the right in a breech position. Either way, it seems odd that I still have nothing with 22 weeks right around the corner, even if you take all that into consideration. I am going to ask my midwives about it when I see them on Thursday.

Is it normal for me to still be waiting for movement this late? I feel like I must be the last one I have been so stressed out and busy for the last week or so that I actually outright forget I am pregnant sometimes, and I'm afraid baby is being impacted by all my stressing. I think the occasional tap would help remind me to take a break and relax from time to time, and reassure me that he is doing alright in there.

June 9th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You have a few deciding factors as to why, and the anterior placenta being the biggest one. This is also your first, so you are unsure of what you are feeling. When I had that with Bella, I really couldn't feel much at ALL even though I started feeling the flutters at 13 weeks, she wouldnt punch or roll like this one is. I could feel her stretch when I was about 20-25 weeks, but again, she was my 3rd baby. Being fluffy doesnt matter one but - Im bigger than all of you, and I felt this one at 13/14 weeks I would blame it on your placenta and being the first baby!! You'll feel him soon
June 9th, 2014, 10:20 AM
bugz
I'd blame it on your placenta. My placenta is anterior as well, but on the right. When he kicks in the middle or left I definitely feel it, but I rarely feel anything on the right and when I do it's very light.
June 9th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Super Mommy
I hope you feel movement soon!!!
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
June 9th, 2014, 10:45 AM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
I too, think your placenta being anterior is to blame. If he is kicking the placenta, you're not gonna feel much until he is bigger. I feel baby girl a lot, but it's still mostly gentle bumps, and my placenta is posterior (and this is my second baby). I will be 22 weeks on Wednesday. I hope you start feeling him soon!!
StephcMc likes this.
Team PINK!!!
June 9th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep the anterior placenta will make a huge difference, my 3rd baby had one and even at 27+ weeks I still did not feel movement consistently each day and I usually only felt it when I was laying down at night because if I was up and moving around I simply could not feel anything.
My midwife tells me that each pregnancy and baby is different and that as a rule she does not worry at all about lack of movement until after 24 weeks and that is only if there are no other factors such as anterior placenta etc...
I do hope you are able to feel your little one moving around soon.
June 9th, 2014, 10:49 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with blaming the placenta! Mine is in the back and I've felt movement really early even though it is my first. Everyone was acting like I was crazy for feeling flutters early on and then kicks pretty early and most of those people that thought I was crazy turned out to have had anterior placentas which explains why they had not felt anything until 22 weeks or more with their first.

I hope you feel your LO soon! It really should be anytime now I am sure

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
June 9th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Veteran
I also heard its normal, being your first to not feel anything till 23wks mark.
June 9th, 2014, 01:36 PM
lfavorite83's Avatar Veteran
The best way I know to describe those first few flutters of movement were if you take your right hand and place them under your left armpit and then lay your left arm down over the hand. Wiggle one or two of your fingers. That little tickling/wiggle is what it felt like for me, but obviously in my tummy I have a fundal placenta (mine is on top), so most of the movement I feel is very low. Since you have an anterior placenta, make note of things that are on the left or right (since feeling it in the back might take just as long as feeling it in the front). Either way, take heart that you will feel something in good time!!

TEAM PINK!!
June 9th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea where my placenta is but I felt the baby move once at 20 weeks and then nothing until about a week ago 22 weeks. Definitely talk to your midwife about it on Thursday but from what I heard the anterior placenta like everyone else said can play a big factor.

June 12th, 2014, 10:41 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Unfortunately, anterior placenta can be a HUGE factor in feeling movement. The only one I have had one with was #5, and I definitely started feeling him much later than my girls, or so I remember it anyway. I thought everyone had been exaggerating saying that the anterior placenta played such a role. Turns out that they weren't. I hope you start feeling movement soon!!

June 13th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Super Mommy
Funny enough, pretty much right after I posted this I started to feel some movement. He seems to have moved so that his arms and legs are facing my right side, which the placenta isn't covering, so I can actually feel him now! He keeps punching/kicking low in my belly on the right I still don't really notice it unless I'm laying down or sitting still, but it's definitely there now. I feel a little bit of fidgeting and rolling from time to time, too. He seems to like being active right when I'm trying to fall asleep, go figure

Best of all, I went straight from not being sure if I felt movement to being able to feel it from the outside. Last night in bed I was able to set hubby's hand up for a good, solid kick while he was having a lengthy kickboxing practice in there. I feel so much better now that I have those occasional reassurances to look forward to

June 13th, 2014, 08:48 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
Glad you felt some movement!

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
June 13th, 2014, 11:40 AM
bugz
Glad you can feel movement now
June 13th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great, I think you're feeling movement around the same time I have felt it. I am interested to hear if I have an anterior placenta or not. My midwife appointment isn't until next Wednesday weeks after my anatomy scan. I haven't heard back so I am sure that everything is fine but I just really want to hear about it.

June 13th, 2014, 02:28 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!! Babies have a tendency to wake up and get active as soon as you stop moving!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search