Facebook group

Forum: Due Date Club of October 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of October 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2014, 05:14 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
I've now had 3 people ask me (two on Facebook and I noticed one person posted about it on here) if there's still going to be a Facebook group made. I know when we talked about it, it was pretty much half and half. So I'm going to make the Facebook group right now. The security settings are going to be as tight as they can be (for obvious reasons). I'm not at all trying to "switch" to Facebook, just that a couple people have said they would be more active on Facebook and I have to admit that I'd likely be more active on there as well. So if you want to join, either post here or PM me and I'll invite you, and if you don't then you can wait and join whenever you do want to. Trying to make it good for everyone.
~*Bethy*~ likes this.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
June 27th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll join it's easier for me as well. I'll still check this out during the week when on a computer.
oneandonecoming likes this.

June 27th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephcMc View Post
I'll join it's easier for me as well. I'll still check this out during the week when on a computer.
Added.

June 27th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Veteran
I'm kind of hard to find on Facebook so how do I find the group? Do you send me a PM?

Thanks!

June 27th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have a fb! I was hoping we wouldn't move to fb so early, August DDC is a ghost town! I won't be getting a fb due to drama it has caused in the past. I really hope people still post here.
ashleyjo, bugz and Sylvera like this.

June 27th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd like to join as it is sometimes easier for me to post to facebook during the day from my phone than it is here but I will definitely still post here too.
June 27th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhopeful View Post
I'm kind of hard to find on Facebook so how do I find the group? Do you send me a PM?

Thanks!
The group is set to "secret" so the only way you can get in is to be invited. I will PM you a link to my Facebook account. Add me (feel free to delete me right after I add you to the group if you aren't comfortable with me on there) and then you can get in Just let me know who you are when you add me so I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy6912 View Post
I don't have a fb! I was hoping we wouldn't move to fb so early, August DDC is a ghost town! I won't be getting a fb due to drama it has caused in the past. I really hope people still post here.

I agree - the August DDC is non existent! Of course I can speak for nobody but myself, but I'm absolutely still going to be posting in here. For me the benefit of the FB group is that when I'm not really able to get on a computer, there's still a way to talk to you guys. When my husband is home or daughter i sleeping and I can easily sit on the computer, you bet I'll still be posting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.Mommy View Post
I'd like to join as it is sometimes easier for me to post to facebook during the day from my phone than it is here but I will definitely still post here too.

I'll also PM you the link to my FB so I can add you the same way posted above. Also let me know who you are when you add me just so I know

June 27th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Super Mommy
I've gotta say, I really prefer keeping my personal life & info separate from the pregnancy stuff, but I guess we were inevitably going to head in this direction anyway, sooo... I'll take an invite too, please.

I don't think I will realistically keep up with posting actively in both places (I will mostly be staying here), but I will still lurk, & maybe post once in a while, in the Facebook group.
~*Bethy*~ likes this.

June 27th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I knew it was inevitable. Go ahead and add me, too.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
June 27th, 2014, 08:52 AM
TrinityDawnMaura's Avatar Veteran
Add me as well, please.

June 27th, 2014, 08:55 AM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Personally I like how we have it now. We have who we want on our FB, but our group isnt focused ON FB, kwim? I dont think we need one, but I would join if one was made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvera View Post
I've gotta say, I really prefer keeping my personal life & info separate from the pregnancy stuff, but I guess we were inevitably going to head in this direction anyway, sooo... I'll take an invite too, please.

I don't think I will realistically keep up with posting actively in both places (I will mostly be staying here), but I will still lurk, & maybe post once in a while, in the Facebook group.
This for me as well!!
flitabout likes this.

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
June 27th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Bethy*~ View Post
Personally I like how we have it now. We have who we want on our FB, but our group isnt focused ON FB, kwim? I dont think we need one, but I would join if one was made.

This for me as well!!
There is one, so I'll add you Also, you don't have to have people on your friends list to be in the group. People just have to be friends with one person to be invited, but once the invite is sent you can always unfriend. So while I doubt many of us would, it's totally possible to be in the group, but not have to have anyone on your personal friends list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinityDawnMaura View Post
Add me as well, please.
Are you Chrissy? Sorry, having a hard time keeping track of everyone's real names vs. JM names today! Lol

June 27th, 2014, 09:30 AM
TrinityDawnMaura's Avatar Veteran
I'm Trinity on Facebook as well.

June 27th, 2014, 09:50 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy6912 View Post
Don't worry - I'll still be posting here. I don't join the FB groups for quite a while. Just a personal preference.

June 27th, 2014, 11:31 AM
lfavorite83's Avatar Veteran
I'd like to join as well - it's a pain in the butt to access this site through my phone (JM should really get an app made!!), so when I travel on weekends I at least can check FB...so I'll still be active here on JM but it's nice to have options!
T9eMommy and oneandonecoming like this.

TEAM PINK!!
June 27th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfavorite83 View Post
I'd like to join as well - it's a pain in the butt to access this site through my phone (JM should really get an app made!!), so when I travel on weekends I at least can check FB...so I'll still be active here on JM but it's nice to have options!
Do I have you on my FB already?

June 27th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfavorite83 View Post
Just lurking, but the ForumRunner app is compatible with Jm-- that's what I use!
It does cost $1.99 I think.. so some people don't like that..but it's an option!
~*Bethy*~ likes this.

June 27th, 2014, 12:55 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Toss me on too you have my FB info already. But I will still basically do all of my baby related posting here.

June 27th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Veteran
I would like to be added... I'll still keep up here too.
June 27th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Veteran
I would like to continue doing most of my posting here since my boss is a FB friend and therefore can see when I'm on FB during the work day. I post here usually only while I'm at work. I just responded to the FB thing so I don't get left in the dust
~*Bethy*~ likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search