Walmart!!!

Forum: **NEW** October 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~*Bethy*~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** October 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2014, 08:54 PM
Veteran
So I went grocery shopping for the first time since becoming pregnant (I did some small survival trips but this was the first big one). Shopping while pregnant and hungry. I ended up with lots of pasta, can fruit, and crackers.

But I had my first bout of pregnancy insanity as I considered murdering someone in the parking lot! I was sitting in my car recovering because I was pretty light headed (should have eaten a real meal before) and all of a sudden I smell something and feel like I need to throw up. I had to open the door and started dry heaving...guess it was a good thing I didn't eat otherwise it would be all over the Walmart parking lot! So I close the door and still smell the stench.... Then it hit me... There was a guy right next to us smoking a cigarette! I almost ran him over! Ug. I really think cigarettes should be illegal in all public areas!
February 23rd, 2014, 08:59 PM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh so gross. I have so much trouble in public places. I won't be going to the grocery store for several weeks....can't handle it.

February 23rd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
At least he wasnt smoking exactly 10 ft from the entrance!! OHH that drives me nuts! I was a smoker, and I NEVER EVER smoked where people were walking about. I dont like walking into smoke, no one else does!
3Sapphires likes this.
February 23rd, 2014, 09:51 PM
I used to be a smoker and have always enjoyed the smell of cigarettes. I know weird. Lol. But my last pregnancy and this one it just smells awful!!! Uhg it makes me gag and my stomach does crazy flips. I also never smoked anywhere near a building or with lots of people around. It's just rude. And it drivese mad!!! My husband is a smoker still and I fuss at him all the time for stuff like that. And now that the smell just kills me every time he takes a smoke break I make him change clothes and spray himself down. It annoys him. Cracks me up a little. That's what he gets for not quitting. Lol.
February 23rd, 2014, 09:58 PM
Hoping for baby #2

February 23rd, 2014, 11:04 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was a smoker too, but I stayed away from non smokers. And I definitely walked away when kids came near me. I tend to linger around smokers because I miss smoking lol but now that I'm pregnant, I can't do that, and I definitely hate when smokers don't give my son enough space. We went to the zoo today and some *** was smoking in the zoo, kids everywhere! Ugh makes me so mad!

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

February 23rd, 2014, 11:39 PM
bugz
I hate being around smokers. It's worse for me because I have asthma and can't breath around it. I have to cover my mouth and breath into my hand while I walk away, and look stupid doing it. I hate when people are smoking near entrances or spots where it clearly says not to smoke. Last pregnancy I yelled at a guy who was standing outside a store smoking and wouldn't go away. I couldn't really go away either because we were waiting in line to get in. Just because some people want to breath that crap in, doesn't mean everyone does. I don't understand why some smokers don't understand that. And when I see them smoking in the car with kids (which is illegal) or near kids... UGH.
February 24th, 2014, 03:42 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugz View Post
I hate being around smokers. It's worse for me because I have asthma and can't breath around it. I have to cover my mouth and breath into my hand while I walk away, and look stupid doing it. I hate when people are smoking near entrances or spots where it clearly says not to smoke. Last pregnancy I yelled at a guy who was standing outside a store smoking and wouldn't go away. I couldn't really go away either because we were waiting in line to get in. Just because some people want to breath that crap in, doesn't mean everyone does. I don't understand why some smokers don't understand that. And when I see them smoking in the car with kids (which is illegal) or near kids... UGH.
I have asthma too. My dad smokes and he doesn't get how bad it bothers me. I just don't go in his house much anymore. A few weeks ago when I first got my bfp, I was going into a drugstore to get something and walked thru a huge cloud of smoke right at the entrance. So annoying.
February 24th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used to be a smoker and sometimes I miss it terribly. It looks so good when I see someone smoking in their car driving. But, if I smell it, forget it. I HATE the smell of it. I really tried to stay away from people, especially kids when I smoked. But, I don't think it should be illegal. Then again there are a lot of laws that force people to do common sense stuff that I just don't agree with.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
February 24th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Mom97's Avatar Veteran
Hungry, pregnant women should never be allowed to go grocery shopping LOL!! I bought so much random stuff at Trader Joes the other day too and my dh was just like, um?

Emily 17, Miriam 13, Annella 11, Eva 9, Audra 7, Eden 6, Roman 3, Vita 17 months and
expecting #9 October 30, 2014!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search