Breast Pumps

Forum: **NEW** October 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By oneandonecoming
  • 1 Post By dyeanotherday

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** October 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2014, 06:52 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
BTDT moms who pumped, which pump did you have and did you like it?

I had the Medela Pump in Style which I loved and it worked great, but I'm just wondering if there's a pump that's equally good but not equally $$$. I don't plan on pumping for the first two months or so but after that I'd like to have a good one.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
April 28th, 2014, 06:54 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sad they don't make my pump anymore... The Playtex Embrass was the best ever!!!!!

April 28th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
I have a pump in style madelaGot it thru insurance when my twins were born and in Nicu.
I am going to see if my insurance will cover a new one. I likely wont yse it much though. My last NEVER took a bottle. Neither did my first and my twins wouldnt take a bottle after they came home and I finally got them to the breast with success.
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
April 28th, 2014, 07:26 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I also have the Medela electric double pump. I know they're pricey, but it saw me through a solid year of pumping for #4 and over 6 months of pumping for #5. I am lazy and didn't replace any tubing, etc. It's too bad you're not in the US - insurance companies are now required to cover breast pumps. The only downside is that they can control what type of pump, and they're not always electric, or double. Most of them are, though.

New picture in progress......
April 28th, 2014, 09:14 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfDozen View Post
I also have the Medela electric double pump. I know they're pricey, but it saw me through a solid year of pumping for #4 and over 6 months of pumping for #5. I am lazy and didn't replace any tubing, etc. It's too bad you're not in the US - insurance companies are now required to cover breast pumps. The only downside is that they can control what type of pump, and they're not always electric, or double. Most of them are, though.
That would be nice!
bugz likes this.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
April 28th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Hoping for baby #2
I used a Hygeia that was on lone from WIC this time I am getting a Medela Pump in Style through my insurance

April 28th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to get what is covered by my insurance, its a double electric something. I'm excited though, cause I've only ever owned a hand pump, an ameda one, and it worked, but I had to borrow a nice pump when I had my gallbladder out. It will be nice to finally have my own.

April 28th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My insurance only covered the one hand held pump with the 3 bottles or something that it comes with. I would like an electric pump this time - and someone on here said that the insurance companies may approve one, so Im going to try to go that route. In the past, Ive always rented the double electric pump from WIC.
April 28th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Bigsurprise75's Avatar Veteran
I had the Medela Pump and Style and I wouldnt do with any other one. I loved it so much. Sadly I sold mine together with all my other baby stuff sometime ago . Perhaps I should look into renting one?? I see a bunch of Mom's talk about getting one through their insurance???

April 28th, 2014, 01:45 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have two medelas and ameda purely yours. I pumped exclusively with both of my kids - almost 16 months with my first and 9 months with my second until pumping + sore pregnancy boobs got the best of me and I stopped. I needed one medela for back and forth to work and didn't feel like having to unplug my set up each time. I used the other upstairs for the bed time and morning pump sessions and my ameda was set up at my computer for other pumping sessions.

I found my breasts responded well to the different stimulation provided by both. The Medela is much stronger IMO but the Ameda gives you more options for ways to get the suction to work. So mixing it up helped my supply stay up.

April 28th, 2014, 05:20 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have the medela pump in style to . . . i hate pumping lol
HalfDozen likes this.
April 29th, 2014, 02:19 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
I had a medela double electric that I got from a friend and idk what was up with it, but I didn't respond very well to it. It was lost in our fire, and I bought a "the first years" breastflow pump on clearance that came with a few bottles that I am hoping works well. The breastflow bottles were the only ones my son would use even though I dried up and he HAD to use a bottle. I am promising myself that I'll be more successful this time.
Team PINK!!!
April 29th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Veteran
I have used both in the past and I prefer Ameda purely yours. If you can get a Hospital Grade pump through your insurance I highly recommend one of those especially if you are going to pump a lot.

April 29th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I plan on pumping to stock up my freezer with BM as well as nursing. I would essentially like to be able to donate BM to those in need!!
April 30th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Veteran
Glad to hear good things about the medela pump in style- I got one second hand for 30 bucks. It should cost about 20 bucks to replace the tubing, filters and such.

Team pink! Due on or around 10-01-14.
April 30th, 2014, 09:25 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ameda purely yours. The best pump I've used is the Medela hospital one, but the Ameda works good too:-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search