BEST Invention Ever!!!

Forum: **NEW** October 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By oneandonecoming
  • 1 Post By StephcMc
  • 2 Post By AmyLM
  • 1 Post By ~*Bethy*~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** October 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2014, 06:10 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
Totally random though. Needed to buy a new toilet seat so we went to the store, just assuming we'd get the very basic one. And then we found this gem.
First time moms may or may not appreciate the awesomeness in this seat. BTDT moms who have children who use the big toilet totally will! We have a little potty seat that we hang on the side of the toilet that we used before but seriously, I wish I found this so much sooner. I think I can say I LOVE my toilet seat now! So much easier it's just all in one seat.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
June 27th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a toddler but I can see how that would be great!
oneandonecoming likes this.

June 27th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have that in both of our bathrooms and at grandma's house. It's a great idea but over time, the toddler lid pops off every single time they put it up or down and the kids have trouble getting it back on and it is very frustrating. It attaches with plastic hinges that just click on. I think over time the plastic stretches or something. I don't know. I now have the toddler lids just put away and they go on the regular seat. Oh and this is on all 3 toilets that we use this on so, not just a fluke.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
June 27th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLM View Post
We have that in both of our bathrooms and at grandma's house. It's a great idea but over time, the toddler lid pops off every single time they put it up or down and the kids have trouble getting it back on and it is very frustrating. It attaches with plastic hinges that just click on. I think over time the plastic stretches or something. I don't know. I now have the toddler lids just put away and they go on the regular seat. Oh and this is on all 3 toilets that we use this on so, not just a fluke.
That's good to know! We just bought this so hopefully don't have that problem soon, but that's ours too. Just clips in at the back. Stays up on to the lid of the "big seat" with the magnet in it.

June 27th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
After I wrote my post, I went to Amazon and read the reviews. They all say the same thing I did! Booo! I wish I would have read them before I bought it. Hopefully, they've improved it and you have better luck than we did!

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
June 27th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Any idea how long (ish) you had it before you started having that problem?

June 27th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It seems like the one at Grandma's (the first one bought) lasted the longest at about 9 months. Hers gets a lot of traffic. Ours didn't last nearly that long and one of ours lasted slightly longer than the other. They were all under a year, I know that.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
June 27th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Oh wow, that's not long at all! We shall see if mine does the same thing.

June 27th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Why buy this when you can buy a $10 toddler ring? that way you can take it with you and it fits on any toilet
June 27th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought this so I didn't have to find a place to keep the toddler ring. Plus the toddler ring gets wet underneath and is just yucky to me. Same as potty seats that sit on the floor. If I want to rinse out pee and ****, I'll just change diapers. This one is such a great idea but, I am so disappointed with it. For taking places, I have a foldable one that fits in a diaper bag or purse so I can take it into stores and use on public toilets. But, really, I only used it with my first kid. They just learn how to use the regular toilet!
~*Bethy*~ and oneandonecoming like this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
June 27th, 2014, 01:23 PM
^ What she said. We bought the ring and have been using it up to this point. It's been ok, but it's kind of a PITA. So much easier to have it built in rather than find a place to keep the ring and put it on and off every time. Also, I never did take the ring with me anyway so that part didn't really matter to me.

June 27th, 2014, 01:57 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I already have one for my toilet. It works like a charm but it's a real pain to clean around.

June 27th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I rinse Bella's off every time she uses it. Its just routine for me now. I find the potty seats easier than attaching something like this to my toilet. cool concept, just not for us! Let me know how you like it, Ashley!
oneandonecoming likes this.
June 29th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Super Mommy
I have honestly never used a potty ring. I had a little potty chair for at first..but my kids really quickly wanted to be up on the big potty and they just balanced themselves...and my kids have all trained at 2 and are tiny little people..lol
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
June 29th, 2014, 11:17 AM
bugz
I saw one like that at Rona a few weeks ago that I thought would be neat to get when the time comes. It was a whole toilet seat though with a toddler seat built in. You just take off your current seat and lid and replace it with that one. I read reviews online that were okay, mostly said it was hard to clean. I think it was like $70 though.
June 29th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugz View Post
I saw one like that at Rona a few weeks ago that I thought would be neat to get when the time comes. It was a whole toilet seat though with a toddler seat built in. You just take off your current seat and lid and replace it with that one. I read reviews online that were okay, mostly said it was hard to clean. I think it was like $70 though.
This one is a whole seat with the toddler one built in too. Obviously different models, but this one isn't hard to clean at all. There's no little spots for icky stuff to get in so it's really easy. Got this one at Lowes and it was only $40.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search