OB appointment *U/S update*

Forum: **NEW** October 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By meld10
  • 1 Post By bugz
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** October 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2014, 03:26 PM
bugz
-Post deleted as I am permanently leaving this forum do to bullying and extremely rude people. I do not recommend this forum to anyone unless you want to be bullied. The mods do absolutely nothing to stop it.

Last edited by bugz; August 30th, 2014 at 06:17 PM.
July 30th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, he would actually deliver you sooner just based on your fundal height and not an u/s that you can't get until after your next appointment? Why can't he just send you to labor and delivery and do a stat u/s there?

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
July 30th, 2014, 04:50 PM
bugz
-Post deleted as I am permanently leaving this forum do to bullying and extremely rude people. I do not recommend this forum to anyone unless you want to be bullied. The mods do absolutely nothing to stop it. If you are a bully you will fit in great.

Last edited by bugz; August 30th, 2014 at 06:26 PM.
July 30th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I am sorry you are going through this. My first baby was IUGR and I had a scare with this pregnancy too. I was a small baby & a small person, but my DD was IUGR and I couldnt blame my own birthweight on that

An ultrasound to determine size cannot be performed by just anyone, hence why an ultrasound in his office or in L&D is not an option in this case. That being said, doctors do have some pull on urgency for things like this... or at least here they do. I would call his office to see if there is anything he can do to shorten the wait.

I would try to see if another hospital can get you in ealier. Even here where I live, where ultrasound appointments take forever to get, I never had to wait more than 2 weeks for measurements due to IUGR.

I wouldnt get too stressed out over fundal measurements alone. My fundal measurements are 2 weeks behind, but baby is right on track.

Good luck!
bugz likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Last edited by Urchin; July 30th, 2014 at 05:24 PM.
July 30th, 2014, 05:57 PM
bugz
-Post deleted as I am permanently leaving this forum do to bullying and extremely rude people. I do not recommend this forum to anyone unless you want to be bullied. The mods do absolutely nothing to stop it. If you are a bully you will fit in great.

July 30th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Super Mommy
So sorry you have to go through all this scariness keeping my fingers crossed.for you that he's just a small baby. And that you can get in somewhere else so you aren't stuck wondering and worrying.Also, I understand that you're trying to protect other people so they don't have to worry like you are..but I think you should express to your DF that you are a little worried!! You don't want to take on all the stress yourself, hun! You need someone to talk to and be comforted. Just my feelings

Good luck, keep us updated!!

July 31st, 2014, 04:43 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I'm so sorry you are going through this! I hope they can get you in for a U/S sooner, I would do the same thing, calling different hospitals and I would really push for a U/S in the next week considering the worry that it might be IUGR and that you are close to 30 weeks.

I read recently how mother's birth weight seems to play a huge factor in how big her babies will be so chances are good that this is just a small baby. Keep us posted!

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
July 31st, 2014, 11:20 AM
Super Mommy
I have had 1 preemie due to IUGR. My twins were small but also born at 30 weeks they were normal size for gestation. My last was SGA at full term. With my first and my last preg I measured behind sometimes as much as 5 weeks or so. They will be following me closely this time for that and other reasons. I have a bicornuate uterus which can cause growth problems. I was also a tiny baby..but was born at 28 weeks. I think my uterus along with genetics play a big role. Your dr should be able to make things happen faster if IUGR is a concern. I would give the office a call and let them know.
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
July 31st, 2014, 11:35 AM
Veteran
Oh goodness. I don't get how they can be ok with such a delay in getting an u/s if they know the reason you need one? Maybe the lack of urgency could be seen as a good thing, if it was critical they'd book you in right away....or at least you'd hope they would! Hope you have managed to sort something out so you at least know what's happening.

Team Pink!!!
July 31st, 2014, 11:41 AM
Super Mommy
When was your last u/s? I know they also like to keep them about 3 weeks apart. Otherwise it is hard to track the growth. They need to be far enough to compare. I normally have my growth scans about 3 weeks apart.
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
August 1st, 2014, 12:06 PM
bugz

August 1st, 2014, 12:09 PM
Until you get the ultrasound, please don't worry yourself. I am measuring 2 weeks behind at every appointment, but at my ultrasound, baby was measuring perfectly for gestation.

Even if baby is measuring small, you're still early enough along that it should not be a concern yet at all. If it is found that baby is not growing as planned, it will become something that is more of an issue towards the later weeks of pregnancy.

Good luck. Try not to stress (it'll make the problem that much worse!)

August 1st, 2014, 12:27 PM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are going through this. I know this is easier said then done however you really have to find ways to get your mind off of worrying. Stressing will not bring anything good in this situation and stress can have negative physical impact.

The worst part is waiting to find out but I think you are doing the right thing by focusing on the positive such as the kicks getting stronger, feeling him and knowing he is growing. Other than that, what you can do is keep doing the healthy things you've been doing, eating well, taking care of yourself and remind yourself that you are already doing everything you can to make sure your LO is healthy and well - worrying is not going to help so stay away from it and do your best to change your thoughts when you start going into a worrying thought pattern. Other than that, I guess make sure you have a long list of activities that can get your mind off of the whole worrying.

Sending good thoughts your way and hoping these 2 weeks can go by fast!
Sylvera likes this.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
August 1st, 2014, 02:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldnt worry yourself till you see him on the ultrasound.
August 15th, 2014, 04:27 PM
bugz
-Post deleted as I am permanently leaving this forum do to bullying and extremely rude people.
meld10 likes this.

Last edited by bugz; August 30th, 2014 at 04:54 PM.
August 15th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Sososososoooo glad baby is measuring fine! Same thing happened to me as well this time. Up until last week my belly was still 2 weeks behind, now BAM even my belly has caught up an I am on track!

Here's to a happy & healthy rest of your pregnancy!
bugz likes this.

August 15th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Veteran
Glad to hear Emmett is doing well. Sounds like you're just lucky to have a neat little bump with a nice healthy baby.

Team Pink!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search