I told my hubby

Forum: October 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By isaroo
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By oneandonecoming

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2014, 05:55 PM
Veteran
I finally worked up the courage to tell my hubby that we are in the 1% of people that get pregnant with an IUD. Needless to say he is not happy and we are both kinda panicking. We only wanted 2 children and we both can't see how a 3rd will fit into our life.
February 2nd, 2014, 07:10 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are in the 2 and done club as well, I'd imagine we'd feel the same way you and hubby do. I'm happy that you were able to tell your hubby and you both seem to be on the same page and have each other for support. You have some time to digest all of this and figure out how this is going to work. In the end, everything will work out, it always does.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

February 2nd, 2014, 08:30 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I'm sorry but I am sure everything will work out just fine. Things happen for a reason.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
February 3rd, 2014, 04:19 AM
Veteran
My husband and I were not wanting children at all. We both live busy unpredictable schedules. We are animals lovers and our animals are the only "children" we wanted. I have been on birth control for 3 years and took it regularly. I have not taken anything that would have interfered with the pills effectiveness but here I am pregnant. We were both shocked and very upset. After a few days we just came to terms with it. I don't know how we are going to make this work, but I know it will happen.

Keep your head up and know that things always work out one way or another.
1/25/14 - beta 1232
1/27/14 - beta 2755
1/31/14 - ultrasound showing gestational sac and yolk sac
2/11/14 - ultrasound showing baby and heart rate at 140 bpm
2/28/14 - first appointment to take history
3/20/14 - NT scan and doctor appointment
4/15/14 - 16 week appointment heart rate 156 bpm
5/16/14 - anatomy scan - it's a
BOY!! Heart rate 146 bpm
6/11/14 - doctors appointment. Everything looks great! Measuring right on track. Baby hb 147 bpm
February 3rd, 2014, 07:06 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs*

I hope he comes around. My hubby is not happy either. He did not want any more kids, but he knew I was still hoping for another. He refused to use any protection or get snipped. so here we are. And I feel like I can not be happy because he is in freak out mode.
HalfDozen likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 3rd, 2014, 07:34 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am the one in situation that is having the really hard time. After having a big long fight for a vba3s and switching doctors at 36 weeks with my last baby. I guess they needed the papers for my tubal signed 30days in advance. Which in the middle of my fight got left to the end and without the 30 days and me without a tubal. Hubby refused to get snipped. So now we are having baby number 5. I am petrified of having another c/s. I had a panic attack on the table with my last one. I wanted to go back to work. I have been nothing but mommy for the last 11 years. I wanted more out of my life than stuck in the house being a SAHM. My family and friends are all back in Ohio and Virginia a 1000 miles away and I haven't been able to get out to meet people.
Don't get me wrong I want this baby and it will be very loved, but I wanted something left of me other than being just mommy.

February 13th, 2014, 07:05 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
3Sapphires, I could have written that exact post!! He has known I will not use hormonal birth control anymore. That decision was solidified when someone I went to high school with almost died ... literally from the birth control pills. So, yeah, he's in freak-out mode, but he'll be fine in a few days, I'm sure.

New picture in progress......
February 13th, 2014, 08:35 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
I can totally understand that feeling now, but once the baby is here and you start to get in your routine wiht new baby, you won't be able to see how the third baby DIDN'T fit in your family. Hugs.
TrinityDawnMaura likes this.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
February 13th, 2014, 08:51 AM
TrinityDawnMaura's Avatar Veteran
Ashley is right! Once baby arrives you both won't be able to imagine life without him or her.

February 13th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Regular
I could have written your post a few months ago...I had got pregnant with an IUD as well. My Dh freaked out for several days, didnt mention it for a couple of weeks, and then started coming around after a month or so.

Unfortunately I had a missed m/c (not related to the IUD, so don't freak out!) Now here we are again.
February 13th, 2014, 09:58 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
I too got pregnant with an IUD the last time. We were panicked, terrified, upset, but after a week or so, we got used to the idea and even started to get excited. Unfortunately her heart stopped at 12 weeks, so it was crushing to lose her. We did plan on having more children, just a bit later when we were more stable, so it is a different situation from yours. I'm happy that you got to tell him, and I'm sure he will come around. ((Hugs))
Team PINK!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search