Anyone familiar with the Ramzi theory?

Forum: October 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsHopeful
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By jennecar
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my ultrasound yesterday and measured 6 weeks, 1 day. I have been trying to research the ramzi theory to try and determine gender, but I am clueless.

Anyways, here is my scan from yesterday. This is transvaginal, and baby's heart rate was 123.

Then a close up...

Info about Ramzi theory...

Ramzi's Method to Determine Fetal Gender
February 20th, 2014, 10:29 AM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So that's boy, right? Since yours is on the right and it was transvaginal? My ultrasound was abdominal and the baby was on the left in the picture so I'm guessing that means it's really on the right....so boy? That would be cool!

(However, I don't buy into the ramzi theory! Too many variables!)

February 20th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Super Mommy
Yes we had a big discussion about this not too long ago on here, lol.
I think we came to the conclusion that you HAVE to ask your ultrasound tech where exactly the baby is (on your right or left) because it depends on the settings that they are using whether it is flipped or it is accurate. BUT if you do know for sure, then I have heard that it is a very, very accurate way to predict the gender of baby really early on!
THE angry uterus likes this.

February 20th, 2014, 11:12 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my guess would be girl. that is what my friend's u/s looked like with both her girls.

my boys were all on the other side, well sort of, they were kind of in the middle but more to the other side.
molly1983 likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 20th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You have to ask the u/s tech. They can change the view with a flip of the wand and you never know what you are looking at, if its the top, bottom, left, right... When I was PG with DS2 I made sure to ask and she said the right side and he was a he all right!

They also for Mama purposes just try to get a good shot of baby as a souvenir.
February 20th, 2014, 11:55 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow I wonder what it would have said about my last 1. I had a really funky placenta. it was dead in the middle wrapping around from the front to the back from over the top! I guess CJ was going for the placenta hat for a while there! He was a total breach until around 25 weeks.

February 20th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Tiffsmunchkins's Avatar Veteran
Oooh This is interesting. I will have to remember to ask next Wednesday.

Cute little bean you have there

Tiff
February 20th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yea it's really confusing! She did an abdominal and a transvaginal, but these pics are from the transvaginal. I was thinking girl but I have no idea?? It's fun to guess though! With my son, I had one done at 6 weeks 3 days and he was on the opposite side towards the bottom middle.

Guess I will know around 18 weeks
February 20th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Regular
I would guess girl also I think with transvaginal it's a correct image so if you hold the pic over ur tummy the baby would be on the left!
molly1983 likes this.
February 20th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I won't get a scan till 12 wks but I just done the Chinese lunar calendar says I'm having a girl which if true would be so cool the only downside we have all baby boy stuff

February 21st, 2014, 08:17 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
There was a woman in the January 2013 room that was really good at reading them. I don't remember her screen name, though. She did mine, and she was correct. I think she was like 90% correct.
molly1983 likes this.

New picture in progress......
February 21st, 2014, 08:35 AM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Based on Ramzi, my 4th should have been a boy. I went in asking about placenta placement so that I could guess gender lol. But she was a girl so I don't buy into the Ramzi theory too much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search