Peeing is hard

Forum: October 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Valerie123

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2014, 03:16 PM
bugz
I've noticed that for the last week at least I have a hard time peeing in the morning. My first 2-3 pees I have to push REALLY hard to go. Like I have to push as hard as I can. But it's only for the first few pees (within the first 2 hours of waking up) and it doesn't hurt at all. Anyone else have that or know what causes it?
April 19th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Veteran
So you have the urge but can't go? Could be a UTI. I'd let your primary doctor know.

Team pink! Due on or around 10-01-14.
April 19th, 2014, 05:16 PM
bugz
I have the urge to go and do go, but I have to push really hard to make the urine come out. Only for the first 2-3 pees, then I pee like normal.
April 19th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I 2nd to call your office. Baby shouldn't be that big to be sitting on your bladder.
April 19th, 2014, 07:30 PM
bugz
Do you think waiting until Thursday is okay? I have an OB appointment that day so I'd rather not sit in a waiting room for 3 hours at a walk-in clinic if I don't have to! I read a lot of people that have this issue early on have a tipped/tilted uterus, so maybe it's that.

Last edited by bugz; April 19th, 2014 at 07:35 PM.
April 19th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Veteran
I have a tipped uterus (tipped backwards, retroverted)- my midwife was able to tell me I had it at my 8 week appointment. As pregnancy progesses the uterus should move into place. At my last appointment (15 weeks 5 days) my utuerus was exactly where it was supppse to be and no longer tipped. I'm not sure about what the progression is if the uterus is tipped forward- but my guess is the same is true. So I wouldn't bet money on a tipped iterus- plis I think if yours was tipped your ob would have told you. I would call your ob and ask them what to do. How you decribe your symptoms is strange. It could be somethig that can wait a week to get checked out. But with your CKD, I'd not mess around- I'd at least call and ask your doc/ nurses line if you should come in for a work up. Perhaps they can move your appt up?

Team pink! Due on or around 10-01-14.
April 19th, 2014, 10:18 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
I agree that it could be a uti. I have a tilted uterus too and I have never had an issue going.
Team PINK!!!
April 19th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I too have a tipped uterus and have never had this issue. If you think you can wait then I guess go for it.
April 20th, 2014, 12:22 AM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the opposite problem
April 20th, 2014, 07:07 AM
bugz
I think I'll give the office a call and see what they say. I had a urine sample done last week at 13w0d and I was having this issue then.
April 20th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Hoping for baby #2
The only real issue I had with my first pregnancy till the end was I felt like I had to pee, when I went to pee I could only pee a tiny bit. Id go back sit down, 5 minutes later pee again, like I could not empty my bladder. I called the doc, he said the baby was laying on my bladder, but I kept telling him he wasn't. I talked to my nurse who had me come right in, and I had a kidney infection. Its best to have it just checked.

April 21st, 2014, 09:14 AM
bugz
They are going to do another urine test on Thursday. I wasn't able to get another appointment until Wednesday because of Easter. This morning my first pee was completely normal, no hard pushing at all. So I'm not sure what's causing it. Hopefully I'll find out. Is baby too small to be pushing on it enough to cause it?
April 21st, 2014, 10:32 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A girl in one of my former DDC's has had that problem now with two separate pregnancies. To the point she has had to go to the ER to get cath'ed. No clue what brings it on but after they are able to empty the bladder - she is fine. It has only happened once with each pregnancy and her ob pushed on her uterus to move it back. (She was only about 7-9 weeks when it happened this last time too baby #4)

April 21st, 2014, 05:46 PM
Super Mommy
Definitely sounds like a UTI. Very common in pregnancy It depends how long this has been going on whether I would wait until Thurs. If it were me, I'd be downing cranberry juice and eating steamed asparagus and drinking water like crazy. Seriously, alternate between as pure of cranberry juice as you can find and water all day long. Also, make sure you are going to the bathroom like once every 30 mins-1hour even if it doesn't feel like you really need to go. Keep your bladder completely empty. This usually takes care of it for me if I catch it soon enough. If it starts getting really painful and uncomfortable, you need to go asap because the infection can spread to your kidneys. Definitely don't want that!!

April 21st, 2014, 06:48 PM
bugz
I think if it were a UTI they would have caught it last week when I had a urine sample done (13 weeks), because this was happening then too. They are going to do another urine sample though, but I still think it would have showed up last time. It didn't happen today, so I'll keep track of it. Hopefully I find out what it is, UTI or something else, Thursday!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search