I guess it was bound to happen.

Forum: October 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By flitabout
  • 1 Post By AlyssaMyahJulian
  • 1 Post By AlyssaMyahJulian

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2014, 02:47 PM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
Olivia (3) just told me she hates me.

She gets a small piece of chocolate when she goes poop on the toilet. She tried to go but didn't, so I said no chocolate. She stormed off to the couch and said "I hate you. I do NOT hate Dada" Sigh.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
June 7th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
I am not looking forward to the day izzy says that to me. She hits me and is so mean to me, I wont be surprised if she says it soon.

June 7th, 2014, 07:10 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't gotten the I hate you yet out of any of mine but Caleb will tell that he doesn't love me. One day he did tell me I was fired I said good I am going to take a nap. He came in my room and told me he wanted lunch. I told him that I wasn't making him lunch and that he fired me so I don't have to do anything for him anymore. He said sorry mommy your not fired and I love you.

June 8th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Super Mommy
I don't think any of my kids have ever said I hate you to me. I do get..meanie often from my 4 year old though...lol
flitabout likes this.
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
June 8th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Veteran
I'm no child psychologist- but I do know that kids sometimes just don't know how to describe their emotions. Sounds to me that rather than hating you- your daughter was frustrated and confused by what seemed to be a change in the rules of potty training. Perhaps she thought: I sit down and try to move my bowels and I get candy. When that didn't happen... Well she acted out.

Perhaps in future, you could try a redirect such as: Do you hate me or are you upset you didn't get a chocolate? Then depending on the answer continue to try to get to the root of what the "hate" actually is and then address it to keep it from happening again.

This is the tactic I use with patients with traumatic brain injuries or stroke patients with aphasia (difficulty talking.) Helping people to better describe their emotions can decrease hard feelings all around.
June 8th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I get the "you're not my fwend!!!" We've had a few hates but I nip that one in the a.ss!!!!! They are not allowed to say hate or stupid.
June 8th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Super Mommy
Oh...I forgot...when Ryder(my 4 year old) is really upset with me he will tell me you are not my best friend anymore...I always call him my best friend...My kids are not aloud to tell eachother they hate eachother and they are not aloud to say it to me. Retard and shut up are also banned. I am a meanie!
~*Bethy*~ likes this.
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
June 8th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Hoping for baby #2
My 2 year old said it to me one day in response to me making him go to bed when he was overly exhausted. Its amazing how children learn the terms for anger and rage so much faster than they do for happy emotions. A lot of that is because we as parents don't acknowledge positive emotions as much as we address the negative emotions.

June 9th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaMyahJulian View Post
Oh...I forgot...when Ryder(my 4 year old) is really upset with me he will tell me you are not my best friend anymore...I always call him my best friend...My kids are not aloud to tell eachother they hate eachother and they are not aloud to say it to me. Retard and shut up are also banned. I am a meanie!
Same here. We really didnt have an issue with name calling till the older 2 learned it at school and brought it home and Bella started to pick it up We have quite a few words on our no no list. Im a meanie, but at least my kids aren't screaming obscenities in the store like other peoples kids around here!!
June 9th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Veteran
My 4 year old has started calling me "Mean Mommy" whenever he is punished or told no. He skipped terrible twos and threes , so I guess I have some of it coming...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search