What have you purchased for baby so far?

Forum: October 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2014, 06:33 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
I know we did this before, but now we're actually getting far enough along that some of us will be starting to buy lots of stuff. So, what have you got so far?(Share pics if you want!)

I'll have to add pictures later as they're in the room where DD is asleep.

1. One pack of pacifiers (actually, my mom bought these for the baby we lost in November but we're still going to use them for her)

2. Two boxes of Huggies as we're using disposable at first.

3. Five cloth diapers

4. LOTS of clothing - some brand new, some from my friend who has a baby girl.

5. Medela Freestyle breast pump.

I think that's it.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -
June 15th, 2014, 06:45 AM
bugz
We've got:

-All the clothes he'll need for the first year, 350 some pieces. ($100 used)

-Rock Star Baby Infinity Stroller ($100 used)

-Graco Sweetpeace Soothing Swing ($50 used)

-Fisher Price Swing ($25 used)

-4 Hooded Towels (free used)

-Toy Storage Bins ($10 used)

-Exersaucer ($10 used)

-Floor to table toy ($5 used)

-Sophie the Giraffe

And our first shower is July 12, so we'll have a lot more stuff then. I'm trying not to buy anything else until after our showers so we don't have to spend as much money. I've uploaded pictures on other threads so I won't bother reposting the same ones
oneandonecoming likes this.
June 15th, 2014, 06:55 AM
lfavorite83's Avatar Veteran
Have a bunch of clothes already that my mom went crazy buying (outfits, hats, mittens, socks), and this little bear snuggly outfit thing my sister got. My mom is also making the cloth diapers, so I have a small collection of those started.

Have a couple of toys (some loveys, and some of my old stuffed animals from when I was a baby that my mom saved), and then mostly I have just bought books. My great-grandfather built my mother a bookshelf when she was a kid, which was then passed on to me when I was a kid. So we got that out of storage and repainted it, so now we have the books and the toys on the bookshelf.

I also got some wall decor - we're going with a music/rock and roll theme, so there is a poster for The Beatles, a vinyl stick on of a musical staff with notes, and another vinyl stick on of a quote from Golden Slumbers by The Beatles. The remaining wall will have some framed prints (I do black and white film photography in my free time).

We bought a crib from Target 3 weeks ago....and it still hasn't arrived yet. That's not Target's fault though, it's the shipping company they hired. Hopefully we're getting it this week....

TEAM PINK!!
June 15th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Super Mommy
I've bought... a onesie. It came with a pair of booties and it's very cute. But that's it.

My house is in a hideous state of disarray (storing stuff for a bunch of different people...) and I need to get some stuff moved out of here. My nursery-to-be is full of someone else's furniture atm, which is VERY annoying when I really want to start nesting... but I can't do anything until it's dealt with!

My MIL has bought me a bunch of stuff both new and used, but it's all at her place until I can make room for it here, which is starting to look like never. I want to wait until I can start setting up the nursery and have a good look at what she's bought for us before I go get anything else so I don't buy anything I don't need.
oneandonecoming and StephcMc like this.

Brock Cody Kelly
23/10/2014 - 23/10/2014

thursdaythe23rd.wordpress.com
June 15th, 2014, 08:45 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive bought an ergo (used for $60!), some clothes (mostly at the consignment shops), my travel system for $85, and I bought a second base for our car seat for $12 on clearance at target last weekend- it was an online return!

June 15th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Veteran
I'm done buying! I'm pretty sure we've got everything we need, nappies, wipes etc I pick up when they're on offer and everything else has been second hand from ebay, charity shops (thrift stores in US?) or passed on from family, the only exceptions being the mattress and the car seat.

I hate not being prepared for anything and I get ready way in advance for most things. I'm one of those really annoying people that starts thinking about Christmas presents in March.

Team Pink!!!
June 15th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are nearly done I think, we aren't going too over board because we like to keep things pretty simple.
-I think she has enough clothes and shoes until she is at least 9 months old, I bought most of them used for next to nothing and then we have bought quite a few super cute outfits new too, I have found it really hard to buy new clothes that are in season for october since most of the things I am finding in stores now are really summery clothes and not suitable for a newborn in Oct. however I am picking up a bunch of bigger sized summer clothes on clearance for next summer. Plus I go to thrift stores or garage sales regularly so I will pick up more as I find them.
- We bought a little highchair (one that connects to a regular dining room chair and is portable) yesterday for $4 at a thrift store and we also got a pink playmat with toy arch for $2 at the same store!
- We already had a sling, halo swaddle blankets, pacifiers, newborn diapers, a couple of cloth diapers, an infant carseat and a co-sleeper for in our bed that we had bought for Lukas and never used so we will use them for this little one.
- The crib was hand built by my father in law (don't worry it is built to current safety standards and is in fact probably safer than a store bought crib) it's being stored at his house until we get closer to the time.
- We have picked up a few little toys and rattles plus we have had some saved from when the boys were babies.

Before she arrives we want to get a swing and bouncy chair but I just found one at babies r us that is a swing and bouncy chair combined so we are going to check that out. I want to get a wrap for baby wearing, crib sheets and blankets, a stroller and some more cloth diapers. And other than that I think we will just get things as she grows and starts to need them like the exersaucer, pack n play, 2nd stage carseat etc...unless of course I come across a really good deal that I just can't pass up
littlecloud likes this.
June 15th, 2014, 10:19 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not a whole lot, but at the same time am almost done. Basically I have bought a Boppy, a blanket and a few outfits. I still have to get the carseat (I am hoping it will go on sale before the baby gets here), a swing, a pump and some lilypadz. I might buy some bottles but that's it

June 15th, 2014, 10:52 AM
jozzy's Avatar Veteran
Not a whole lot. A baby monitor. .I got it because it was on sale 100 off. A lamp for her room (we move in September so I can't decorate until then. Some clothes and a stuffed animal. Having a shower in late August or September.

Make a pregnancy ticker

June 15th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a few big things to buy. The stroller and car seat, baby carrier and pack and play. Oh and the diapers and wipes.

We have all of the clothes and blankets to last 6 months.
Crib
Swing
Rocker
Bouncer

June 15th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Veteran
So far I have a pretty good stash...

Enough clothes for newborn and 0-3.

Rock n play

Swing

Boppy for at work

Bumbo for at work

Bouncer for at work

Rattles

1st toy

Adan and anais bamboo swaddles

Velcro swaddles 5

1 box pampers

3 big bags huggies wipes

Cowboy boots

Shoe socks

Ordered custom Harry potter diaper bag

Ordered peacock lovie from monkey in the mailbox

I'm sure I have more but that's the majority
June 15th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Veteran

So far, the crib, cradle, baby chair, about 10 ish onies and 10 ish long outfits.

Carseat, stroller, swing, and and bouncy set!

So far, I sent $42! Bewteen friends, mom, and mil, I have had to buy alot yet. Well see after baby shower. Still needs to get alot too.
June 16th, 2014, 04:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My baby shower isn't until August but I've got people giving me clothes which is my biggest purchase. I've got a few outfits already.

(Like new basically never used) infant bathtub with nb insert

Changing pad with green cover (again like new but practically never used)

Nursing tanks for me

Washing bamboo nursing pads (the bamboobies I got for free with $3 shipping back in Feb)

Someone gifted me a boppy play mat that folds and zips up for storage but the darn zipper broke and I can't get it unzipped. Don't want to throw it out because its super nice on the inside lol

That's about it. Hubby is buying us the car seat travel system before he leaves so other than stocking up on diapers (will ask for diapers at the shower) we will be good to go!
June 16th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Super Mommy
We have not bought much...I bought another baby dresser when I was 5 weeks. I bought a TULA carrier not long after that. and a pack of newborn diapers. I am so mad though...we got all our stuff out of storage this weekend to make sure everything worked etc...everything was great EXCEPT our swing. When I was pregnant with Ryder we bought the graco sweatpeace swing...spent way too much (175) we tried him in it a few times and he SCREAMED bloody murder. All my other kids loved their swing. So we packed it up and saved it. Well apparently the motor is dead in it. I have no clue how when we used it two times and then packed it away...makes me so angry. So now we have to buy a new swing The only other thing I really want besides the new swing is a glider...we used to have a recliner that rocked but when we moved we bought new furniture..and that is now downstairs and not in the best shape. I have nothing to rock a baby on..blah. Otherwise we are all set. I have all the clothes that are in good shape saved from all my other kiddos...my pack and play is in good shape..my bouncy chair looks new...oh..and I also bought one of those mini pack and plays for downstairs/outside/in the bedroom etc...Can you believe I have never had a baby shower..not for any of my kids....crazy huh.
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
June 16th, 2014, 07:11 AM
bugz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaMyahJulian View Post
When I was pregnant with Ryder we bought the graco sweatpeace swing...spent way too much (175) we tried him in it a few times and he SCREAMED bloody murder. All my other kids loved their swing. So we packed it up and saved it. Well apparently the motor is dead in it. I have no clue how when we used it two times and then packed it away...makes me so angry. So now we have to buy a new swing
I have the graco sweetpeace swing that I got used and the motor is going. I bought it used for $50. It would probably be worth it for you to buy a new motor from Graco. I'll be getting one and it's $50 for the motor plus shipping. The shipping for me puts the new motor at $67.10. You just call customer service with the model number and date of manufacture.
June 16th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugz View Post
I have the graco sweetpeace swing that I got used and the motor is going. I bought it used for $50. It would probably be worth it for you to buy a new motor from Graco. I'll be getting one and it's $50 for the motor plus shipping. The shipping for me puts the new motor at $67.10. You just call customer service with the model number and date of manufacture.

Well we kinda tore it apart trying to fix it...Yea..that isnt going back together...lol...We will just buy the new swing..Although I imagine they send you that whole unit the swing attaches to...I secretly like the new swing I picked out better...Probably just buy the new swing.
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14
June 16th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Veteran
I've bought a City Mini GT stroller, crib, and lots of decorative stuff & small furniture like a shelf and cart at Ikea and Hobby Lobby. That's it. Oh, and I got a unisex Infantino carrier for my husband for father's day.
June 16th, 2014, 08:02 AM
bugz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaMyahJulian View Post
Well we kinda tore it apart trying to fix it...Yea..that isnt going back together...lol...We will just buy the new swing..Although I imagine they send you that whole unit the swing attaches to...I secretly like the new swing I picked out better...Probably just buy the new swing.
Yeah they send the whole unit that the swing goes into. I bought 2 swings because I wasn't sure which Emmett and I'd like better.
June 16th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So far these are the purchases that I have made myself:
Jolly Jumper Nursing Pillow Cover (my sister gave me her pillow). I ordered on in custom colours and she actually put up the picture of the one that she made for me up on her web store below.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1022...home_active_20

I bought this blanket but with the same chevron fabric as the pillow above.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/8097..._home_active_9

Then I've only bought these:

I still want to buy a dresser for the room, just an inexpensive one from Ikea, that matches everything in the room but the crib, but that will be grown out of.

Then the rest will be hand me downs or gifts, but I'm trying to keep things slim as possible. I don't want a bunch of stuff we won't use.

June 16th, 2014, 08:40 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugz View Post
Yeah they send the whole unit that the swing goes into. I bought 2 swings because I wasn't sure which Emmett and I'd like better.
This is exactly why I like Babies R Us. We are not buying a swing at all until after she is here. We are going to go into the store and try her in them to see which one she likes before I waste any money on any of them.
StephcMc likes this.

November 11th 2013 - 7w -

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search