Things have grown so quiet!

Forum: October 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree66Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Veteran
Hi Ladies...

I was reluctant to join the FB page, but am reconsidering now because I miss the frequent posts and company. Is there much more activity there than here? If so, can someone please send me the link?

August 26th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Veteran
Me too. I didn't join the Facebook group originally but would like to now. Can someone send me the info.
August 27th, 2014, 01:30 AM
Veteran
Same here, I think I'm going to have to do it too. How do we join?
August 27th, 2014, 05:23 AM
bugz
The last few people joining FB just makes this group even more dead. Really, this DDC is done and we haven't even had our babies yet. I won't join the FB because I don't have FB.
babymama10 likes this.
August 27th, 2014, 07:37 AM
oneandonecoming's Avatar October 2014 DDC Co-Host
There is TONS more activity there than here. Many of us there agree that it's simply easier because most of the time we post from our phones. It's very active there.

If you want to be added, you have to add someone as a friend who is already in there and they can add you. The groups privacy settings are set to "Secret" so you can't even see the group exists without adding someone.

All I ask is if you DO add me, please let me know what your username is here so I accept the add. I don't add people unless I know who they are

November 11th 2013 - 7w -

Last edited by oneandonecoming; August 27th, 2014 at 05:10 PM.
August 27th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Veteran
Ashley, I've sent you a friend request so you can add me to the group, I'm Vanessa. Thanks!
oneandonecoming likes this.
August 27th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy-ness View Post
Ashley, I've sent you a friend request so you can add me to the group, I'm Vanessa. Thanks!
Added!

August 27th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have a fb and wont be getting one. But its a shame our group went down like they all do. I don't even come here anymore I go straight to September where there is multiple posts a day. This is my first forum and I had no idea that everyone would join fb, I wouldn't of became a member if I would of known it just goes to fb.
babymama10 and bugz like this.

August 27th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Veteran
I'm sara. My picture is a baby holding my fingers. I sent a friend request ashley. :-)
oneandonecoming likes this.
August 27th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Veteran
FB has been great though. Much more personable and much easier to get around.
dyeanotherday, Sylvera and jozzy like this.

August 27th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christeacher View Post
I'm sara. My picture is a baby holding my fingers. I sent a friend request ashley. :-)
Added!

August 27th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Super Mommy
There is a ton of activity on FB including 2 babies already! I have been trying to keep up with both sites since I don't want this board to die until after we've had our October babies. I will admit that FB is much easier for me...BUT, hopefully we'll at least update here when our babies arrive
Sylvera likes this.
August 27th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhopeful View Post
There is a ton of activity on FB including 2 babies already! I have been trying to keep up with both sites since I don't want this board to die until after we've had our October babies. I will admit that FB is much easier for me...BUT, hopefully we'll at least update here when our babies arrive
I still lurk and post when relevant. To be honest, the main reason I haven't been posting much here is because my pregnancy-related life is pretty tame right now - it's mostly just personal stuff cluttering my day-to-day life and I don't want to post that on a public forum for anyone to read. I still come here with baby questions and like to comment here and there
flhopeful likes this.

SURPRISE! on February 12th, 2015

Cautiously expecting our rainbow baby October 2015!

Brock Cody Kelly
23/10/2014 - 23/10/2014

thursdaythe23rd.wordpress.com
August 27th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I DO NOT want to debate any Facebook issues as most of you have decided what you guys want to do However someone did make the comment that ANYONE can have Facebook or make up a name to join Facebook. I will tell you from my limited knowledge that simply is NOT true!Witness protection programs have you avoid Facebook at all costs...And there are other people who can't for safety reasons. Its much easier to be tracked on Facebook than believe it or not here on a public forum.
Anyway as a law officers relative I just thought I would share that little tidbit.
I am still here if anyone wants to ever post on this forum.
bugz and Maddy6912 like this.
August 27th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Veteran
Well, just guessing anyone on facebook or even here isn't in the witness protection program.

Even on boards like this when people are very vague about who they are where they come from you be surprised how quick it is to find out everything it is about them. Even on a board like this. Even when you lie about yourself.

The nice thing about facebook is you can tell whether or not the account is new. You can't make up a bunch a friends that have the same last name as yourself or relationships. Or should I say it isn't easy. If you have been on facebook since like 2008 it's hard to make up 6 years of posts and stuff.

My first group that turned into a facebook group was on the knot. We have developed relationships that have turned into long distance meet ups and group gatherings. Two of the girls lived within 10 minutes of me. Facebook is more than talking about pregnancy. And the group is really private. None of my other family or friends can even see the board or what private things I write. Nor can they here but facebook is still convenient. This isn't always about security but simply wanting to talk about stuff you don't necessarily want to talk about with anyone in your family or sometimes even friends.
T9eMommy, sek3982 and Sylvera like this.

August 27th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Veteran
I am Sarah... my default picture is a double kiss with my husband, son, and baby belly

I don't really have a preference (FB) or (JM) where we talk, post, and share our experiences.... as long as there is activity.
oneandonecoming and flhopeful like this.
August 27th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Veteran
Well said Mialee...
August 27th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Okay every time anything about this is mentioned, there's so much negativity about Facebook. I will say I speak for no one but me, myself and I in this post.

It is what it is. People are on Facebook. Facebook is easier to use. Yes, I'm aware that there is an app that you can pay two or three dollars for and have easier (so I'm told) access to JM. I'm not paying even one dollar when I can have access to these people for free. If you don't have Facebook or don't like Facebook or whatever else, that's perfectly okay. At absolutely no time have I seen anyone try to force anyone over to Facebook. I had multiple people ask me when we were getting it, so I made it. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who is in that Facebook group, is there because THEY asked ME (or another member) to add them.
Facebook is easier. Despite being basically the same group of people, it also feels closer. I talk to the exact same people I talked to on here, but instead of knowing a screen name, I find that I know the person. Yes, you can make an entire Facebook page and make up your whole life and have a grand old time. I know. But every single person in the Facebook group (except one, I believe) is my friend on Facebook. Of the specific people in that Facebook group, I have doubts about none. Not a single one. I fully trust that every single one of these ladies are who they say they are. I can also safely say that I already consider more than one of them a friend. Not just someone I talk to on the internet. Also, people can lie on here. Some people can be incredibly vague and give very little information and lots of lies. Remember how I just finished saying I trust every single woman in the FB group? The same can not be said for this group.
Facebook is not some terrible thing. Sure, we went over there faster than I expected. Having been in a DDC previously I figured we may end up there as my old DDC did as well, but I did not join this DDC simply as a "bridge" to Facebook. Many others have said that they did not join as a bridge to Facebook either. It simply happened. And you know what? I'm thankful it did.
If you don't like it, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you feel abandoned. But that wasn't the intention, you say yourselves that you now post in another DDC, and the Facebook group is (in my opinion) a very happy place with no drama that many can enjoy. If you would like to create a Facebook page (this is directed at no one specifically), by all means do and come join us. If not, for goodness sakes, please at least quit with all this "Facebook is evil, you abandoned us" nonsense. People still post here sometimes, many mamas have said they intend to still post their baby's birth announcements here (and one already has), it's not the end of the world.

Be happy. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Enjoy your little babies. Don't sweat the small stuff.

August 27th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Veteran
Ok ladies, I am officially signing off of JM...

I can be found on the FB page if you would like to continue following me! It's absolutely nothing personal to the lovely ladies that have decided to stay on here... I just know that I won't be redundant and post pictures, posts, statuses, etc. in two places.

Also, I didn't realize that all I had to do was type in "Just Mommies sek3982" into google search and there would be access to all my posts and pictures -- even my FB profile is set to private! I am sure the JM lack of privacy is MY fault- I probably just needed to set up privacy changes in settings. Nevertheless, I hope to see most of you in the other forum.

For those not moving on I wish you the best of luck and hope you all have healthy and happy remaining pregnancies and babies! Thanks so much for your advice, support, and friendship here!

-Sarah
August 27th, 2014, 07:34 PM
bugz
Quote:
I had multiple people ask me when we were getting it, so I made it.
Just because people want to know when we are going to get it, doesn't mean it has to be done right away. It was not discussed recently before you randomly started it. Sorry, but making a post saying "Oh, BTW I made a FB group so everyone come join" isn't going to go over well with people who aren't glued to FB.

Quote:
People still post here sometimes, many mamas have said they intend to still post their baby's birth announcements here (and one already has), it's not the end of the world.
I could give a **** less about those birth announcements TBH. They are people who have abandoned this DDC, why do they matter here? They are no longer a part of this DDC on JM. There is absolutely no point to come by after you haven't been here for 3 months saying you've had your baby. Whoopy. That's the equivalent of random people coming and posting that. The whole point of the DUE DATE forum is to have people to share your PREGNANCY with, not read "I had my baby, his name is _________." Why should I care about something that I have had no part in? Or something that I've missed all the details about because they left? You are either part of this group or you aren't, most of the original members aren't.
Quote:
EVERY SINGLE PERSON who is in that Facebook group, is there because THEY asked ME (or another member) to add them.
Sure, after you made the page randomly and people starting moving over. People were basically forced to go to Facebook because this DDC is dead, done. So anyone who still wants to participate has to go to Facebook. If you don't believe that just look at this thread for gods sake. What is it about? This DDC being dead because you went to Facebook so if they want to participate here they need to join. Sorry but that's being forced to join.

To YOU it's a small thing because YOU got YOUR way. Of course you think we're being stupid. You got your way, you're happy. You made a Facebook group, ditched this DDC and ditched your host responsibilities.

What you don't seem to understand is that people came here, were happy to find the group, got attached to the group, then had that taken away because they don't use Facebook. I have said it before and I will say it again. Had I known this was a meeting ground for Facebook I never would have joined and I will never join another DDC if I have another baby. If I wanted to be on Facebook, I would be. I do not so to f'ing bad for me eh?

Quote:
Of the specific people in that Facebook group, I have doubts about none.
So if you want to add people on Facebook, then add them as a friend. You don't have to have a Facebook group to have them as friends. If you didn't have time for the forum then why come in the first place? You don't come for a forum and say "Oh, actually, it's easier if we use something else so we are going there".

Quote:
Facebook is not some terrible thing. Sure, we went over there faster than I expected.
Funny, you are the one that created the group. So no, we did not go over faster than you expected. You randomly made the group, YOU chose how fast it happened. Don't try and pretend otherwise.

Quote:
It simply happened. And you know what? I'm thankful it did.
Good to know you are thankful you made the Facebook group. Good to know you are thankful that you are ruining a forum

Quote:
You say yourselves that you now post in another DDC
I don't post in other DDC's. On the rare occasion I'll respond to something in September but I never start a thread. I'm not due until the end of October, after they've all had their babies long before. What's the point? If they move to a Facebook "Playroom" they'll be long gone before I have this baby. Why get attached to another DDC that will just get up and leave? If I want to post something to f'ing bad. There is no point posting something here for what looks to now be an audience of 2. Awesome.

Quote:
Please at least quit with all this "Facebook is evil, you abandoned us" nonsense.
It's not nonsense. It is what it is. If you don't like it that's too bad, but you did abandon the forum. Sorry if you can't accept that.

I will absolutely never join a Facebook group and never have a Facebook. For privacy reasons I am not on Facebook. I also don't like Facebook, it's a stupid waste of time for me.

There are also members in that Facebook group that I seriously dislike because they are rude, ignorant people and it's nice not having to see them around and deal with their crap. I would NOT want to deal with them without mods around when they've already proven awful WITH mods around.

Drama free? I highly doubt that. You probably have posts about this on there, aka drama. You feel the need to come back here just to make a long post about this. Sorry but that's drama and just asking for it. When you take multiple people who like to start drama here and move them, the drama continues whether you see it or not.

Sorry, but all this there DDC's are now is a meeting ground for Facebook. It's sad and pathetic. If you don't believe it go look at EVERY. SINGLE. DDC. With the exception of September they all move to Facebook. And it took what, just a few people in September to say they didn't want to right now? If people would stop suggesting it, people would stop doing it. You aren't help AT ALL by continuing the pattern. Every new DDC will look at these DDC's and see they went to Facebook so they will think they should do the same.

Quote:
Ok ladies, I am officially signing off of JM...

RIP, October first 7 months of pregnancy club.

Last edited by bugz; August 27th, 2014 at 07:37 PM.
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search