Very upset.

Forum: October 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By happy-ness
  • 1 Post By ashleyjo
  • 3 Post By flitabout

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
So of course the only way I can talk to you guys is through Facebook but when asked if I could join using Dh's FB I was told no. I CANT get a Facebook for security reasons. I never said I wasn't going to join the Fb group in EVERY post I said I can't join because I don't have a FB. I get that you think its gross if a guy can read anything you guys write. but HELLO ANYONE can read what you write on here?? And very personal stuff has been said on these threads. And we have a private forum for that- which has never been used. And you find it "suspicious" that I want to join now. Yeah pretty sure you can go through someone's account to find if they were fake our just made the account. And just because the Facebook group is private doesn't mean people can't read what your saying. Its the internet nothing is private. I realize you guys don't care about me, im sure you think im this young dramatic girl who doesn't know anything. Sorry im a teen mom to two. But im very disappointed and will no longer be apart of our "DDC" which is already nonexistent.

August 28th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No one ever said you were young and dramatic. We are trying to be careful. We find it odd that you're using your husband's FB account, even though you can't have one for security reasons but you can come on a public forum like this and post. There are plenty of people that share FB accounts with their SO's but it is very obvious in that both names are on it. I don't find it gross. I do, however, find it suspicious that someone can lurk about using someone else's name. It's not a personal attack against you. We are just trying to be as careful as possible.

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
August 28th, 2014, 01:17 PM
I understand being careful but you can go through someone's Facebook to see if I was faking or not. And this is easier to hide- I don't have my name just what I go by on here and I have posted maybe 3-4 pictures of myself. I haven't posted any pictures of DD. Its easy to be careful on this site aside from Facebook. I could add my name to Dh's Facebook but like stated above for security reasons will not be doing that.

August 28th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess for me, its not really about someone faking a FB profile. Its more so me questioning why its ok for you to post publicly on JM and your husbands FB, but you cant have your own FB? While I understand you've told us countless times that for security reasons you cant, but wouldnt JM be just as risky?
August 28th, 2014, 02:42 PM
I don't post on Dh's Fb. I use it to follow my and his family. If you actually would look at his Fb you would know we never post statuses. And like I said above it's very easy to hide information here. You don't know my last name. Where I live. It's very unfair I'm not allowed to join because you think I'm lying about not having a Fb

August 28th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Veteran
Sorry it turned out like this Maddy.
Maddy6912 likes this.

Team Pink!!!
August 28th, 2014, 05:40 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow.. I have obviously missed some crazy stuff.. how sad
Maddy6912 likes this.

August 28th, 2014, 07:08 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well you can make it so that no one can find you on FB so much so that my niece made it so that I can't even see that she has FB or even exists not that I really care. But there are ways to have one and not show any of your actual info or to keep it very private.
pr1madona, HalfDozen and Maddy6912 like this.

August 28th, 2014, 08:09 PM
I didn't know you could do all that on Fb. But I want to give it maybe another year or 2 to get one if I ever get one again. Thanks for the info though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search