Violets arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 10 Post By Sebastians_mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To OUT WITH THEIR HEADS ( and bodies ) LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Veteran
I just want to start this off by saying I am SO happy with my pregnancy! After losing my son and having to deal with large amounts of stress with my daughters pregnancy this one just seemed so normal, uneventful and my first time making it past 37 weeks!

My BP was high on Monday, the first time this pregnancy, I was quite calm about it. The MFM reassured me that she was big and healthy and we made it this far with no problems. At my appointment Thursday morning BP was once again high, not as high as before but between that and increased headaches he told me to stay for the stress test and US then head to the hospital to be admitted. We were more than likely going to go with a Friday morning delivery. I spent a few hours being admitted and talking to different nurses/residents. Sometime around 2 my Dr walked in and said "is this afternoon ok?" I was a little surprised but again still calm. I told him that would be cool and joked that I'd rather it be after 4 so DH wouldn't have to leave work early. He said that was fine and left to make arrangements.

I was taken down into preop around 4pm. There were some issues with her positioning U/S. The people doing it couldn't decide if she was breech or transverse. basically both her head and butt were up in my ribs but she was at a weird diagonal. There was an emergency in the L&D so we ended up spending quite a bit of time in Preop, DH and I were joking around and I was taking pics of him in his scrubs. Eventually at 5:30 I was taken in for my spinal. The resident couldn't get it in and ended up getting the attending to do it. It was the worst part of the entire experience, my entire lower back is bright red and purple still.

The c-section itself took so much longer than my previous 2. Because of her odd positioning she was really stuck up in there. They managed to turn her head down but again couldn't get her out so had to use forceps on her head. I had no idea forceps were even used in c-sections! Eventually after what seemed like forever at 6:07 she was out and screaming. The U/S I had that morning meansured her around 7 1/2 pounds but she ended up being the same size as DD#1 6 pounds, 10 ounces. Dh left with her up to the nursery and I chilled in the OR listening to my Dr talk about baseball whilst he put me back together.

Sometime around 7 she was brought into post op and I was able to nurse her. I was shocked as I'd never been able to hold my daughter in post op. I held her as we were taken up to my post birth room and we settled in for the night. My entire recovery was nothing like my others. I wasn't put on any kind of morphine/narcotic pump, took very little pain meds and my Dr had me up and walking 5 hours after delivery. With my previous c-sections I was on heavy doses of pain meds and my catheter wasn't removed nor did I get out of bed until the following day. I thought my dr was crazy with how fast he was rushing things but it turned out so awesome! I handled it really well, by 36 hours in the morning Dr said she'd start working on my discharge papers, however we wouldn't be able to leave until 48 hours (forcep babies have to have their heads monitored for 48 hours). At exactly 6:07 pm after 48 hours we were wheeled downstairs.

Violet is doing great. I am doing ok with nursing, I think my milk is coming in however I am concerned that it isn't enough. I failed with DD#1 and am concerned I will again. I will keep going but it's so much pressure and right now nursing feels very painful. Today we had a mini party for DD#1's 5th birthday and violet actually spent some time awake looking at her sister as she opened presents. It was so cute! I am just so in love with my girls and the little family DH and I have.

Here are a few pics, most of the hospital pics are still on DHs phone.

and a bonus oh dd#1 opening presents
March 16th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awwww. This choked me up. She is beautiful. Contrats on baby Violet. So glad you are home and doing well.
March 16th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful! I love birth stories, thanks for sharing yours! Your DD's are gorgeous -- love the pictures. Glad to hear you are doing wel!

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
March 16th, 2014, 09:38 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow.. So glad that all went well.. Congratulations!!!!!!

March 17th, 2014, 12:00 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome experience. Sounds like a great birth. She's beautiful.

March 17th, 2014, 12:14 AM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is beautiful and has so much hair! I love it! Glad your experience was so lovely!

March 17th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
So gorgeous! Congrats, sounds like a fantastic experience.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 17th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I am glad overall you had a good birth experience. I had no idea forceps were used in a c-section either.
March 17th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She is an absolute doll! Congratulations!

March 17th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful story and she is beautiful. You have two beautiful daughters!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 17th, 2014, 02:50 PM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
All that hair!! Love the pics. So glad your experience was relatively positive. You have two beautiful girls. P.S. Best of luck to you with nursing!

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 17th, 2014, 05:16 PM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is very cute!! Congrats

March 18th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats!!! Beautiful daughters!
March 18th, 2014, 06:59 PM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats Mommy!! So glad she's here happy and healthy!

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
March 19th, 2014, 01:20 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Congratulations and I am so glad that everything went so smoothly.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 20th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Veteran
Excellent. Big sister looks as proud as you sound, too!
March 24th, 2014, 03:08 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congratulations!! She is perfect!!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search