Eden's birthday

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 12 Post By juliebee123
  • 1 Post By Sebastians_mom
  • 2 Post By juliebee123

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To OUT WITH THEIR HEADS ( and bodies ) LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2014, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
At about 7 am on March 19, I arrived at the hospital for a planned C-section. I got hooked up to monitors and the nurse was able to get the IV in (not in my hand…I was bruised up in both hands from my overnight visit the previous Friday). They did my intake and prep, and I met the anesthesiologist. I explained my anxiety and bad panic attack issues while at the hospital. She didn’t impress me with warmth, but she said she was glad I said something. By about 8:50, I was ready to walk over to the OR. The anesthesiologist met me in the hall and immediately started to talk to me and calm me down. I was so wrong about my initial read; she was wonderful and got me through the surgery. There was a little bit of drama between the anesthesiologist and my doc. From what I understand, my doctor asked her to get started but the anesthesiologist refused until at least a resident was scrubbed in. The spinal only lasts for so long and she didn’t want to start too early. I think by about 9:30, she started the spinal and then everything moved pretty fast. She made sure I was starting to get numb and then my doc came in and explained some things. It was a big blur. I was starting my classic panic symptoms – my arms were getting numb. The anesthesiologist talked me through things, had my squeeze her hands, rubbed my head, etc. My husband was brought in. It took longer than I thought. Nothing hurt at all, but there was a ton of pressure on my chest as residents pushed down to get her out. I am still a little sore. After a lot of pushing and tugging, I head my baby’s first cry. It was 9:58. I immediately started crying. My doc gave me a quick peek and they took her to be assessed by the neonatologist. I heard her little cries the whole time. She weighed 6 pounds, 5.8 oz. and was 18 in long. Her agars were 9 and 9. So healthy and strong and beautiful. They laid her on my chest and she began nursing right away. It was awesome. After a few minutes, I went to recovery with my husband. It took another 40 minutes to finish putting me back together. I am glad the anesthesiologist didn’t start, because I started getting some feeling back. No staples or stitches on the outside. Feels better than my other section and fibroid surgery. After 40 mins, I was wheeled to recovery with my husband and Eden for “golden hour.”
Overall things were great. I was, of course in pain, but it was manageable. Much better than my emergency C-section. The nurses were fantastic. Eden was a great little nurser the first day, but the second night she basically cried and wouldn’t latch on the entire night. She started losing weight (the magic danger zone is 10% loss). She was at 8%. She also had a hematoma on her head – the ped said they might have used forceps or a vacuum to help extract her. Because of the weight loss and blood injury, she was at risk for jaundice. I saw the lactation consultant for some support, advice, and reassurance. By Fri am, she was a little over 10%, but I felt like my milk was starting to come in and she was doing better. She gained a little before discharge, so I didn’t have to supplement and she wasn’t jaundiced. She is just a sleepy baby and it’s hard to get her eat enough. We go to our ped tomorrow for a weight check. Hopefully she is gaining. Her diaper output is just perfect, thankfully. She seems pretty content as long as her needs are met. My boys were both way fussier. She’s a sweet little thing and not having a baby for so long and knowing how fast everything goes, I feel like I am really just enjoying her.

Glitz, SarahSmile, geogeek and 9 others like this.
March 23rd, 2014, 06:29 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww she is precious. I can't wait to hold a newborn again.
March 23rd, 2014, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story! Thanks for posting. She is too sweet! I hope your recovery goes smoothly.
March 23rd, 2014, 06:59 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow Julie! Congrats!! I am glad that everything went well! Have awesome time..

March 23rd, 2014, 07:21 PM
Veteran
She is so beautiful! It's nice to read the good c-section stories, hopefully they make those who have never had one before and don't have a choice in having one feel a little more calm.
LittleVera likes this.
March 23rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. Your c-section story really helped me. Not saying all c-sections are great, but it wasn't the worst thing ever (certainly gobs better than my last). I am 4 days out and virtually pain free. Still taking meds, but I think I could probably just take the ibuprofen and manage. Not so bad.
Boos Moo and LittleVera like this.
March 23rd, 2014, 08:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you had a good experience & it's so wonderful that they allowed you to latch her right away! I love when I hear c-section stories that still keep the mothers wishes in mind

Eden (& your boys) are absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations!!

March 24th, 2014, 01:57 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, she's beautiful. Congratulations!

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

March 24th, 2014, 02:16 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
She is sooo cute! I'm sure she will start gaining in no time on your milk alone! Her number of wet and dirty diapers are more key than anything.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
March 24th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww she's adorable! I am so glad it went so well and that recovery is doing great.

March 24th, 2014, 09:10 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am really glad the C-section went well for you and Eden! All of the pictures are amazing. Thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 24th, 2014, 10:09 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
Such a beautiful family, congrats!!!

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
March 24th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh such a beautiful baby. Congrats

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 24th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
Awe! She is soo cute!

Thank you, Claire1979, for the siggy!
March 24th, 2014, 08:18 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love this story! She is beautiful. You all look so happy!! Congratulations

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

March 24th, 2014, 08:21 PM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is so cute!!!!! Congrats!

March 25th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Awww, look at that sweet girl! Congrats! Glad she's here

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 26th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats! Adorable baby and family!