Truely's Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 8 Post By Boos Moo
  • 3 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By MrsPalumbo
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Leah1216
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By love.our.logan579

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To OUT WITH THEIR HEADS ( and bodies ) LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before Truely arrived I'd been having weeks of increasing BH. Also DD had been wanting to go to the drive-in theater for months now. So on the night of the 18th we decided we would go and see Mr. Peabody and Sherman along with The Lego Movie (our drive in does double movies). When we go we always bring our lounger chairs for DH and I and our camping mattress for DD to lay in the bed of the truck. Well pretty much all through the first movie I was having BH and having trouble getting comfortable. So halfway through the movie I decided to walk to the restroom and that helped, but I thought to myself 'I hope my water doesn't break here at the drive-in'. Well every time I sat in my lounge chair to long the contractions would start up again. But they weren't painful or timed, just a lot of them. But I'd been told only to worry about the painful ones now because I have an irritable uterus. DH asked if I wanted to go and I said no DD has been wanting to come for so long. And I actually fell asleep sometime during the second movie (I think the Lego movie was good?).

Well, flash forward to the next morning. I woke up having a contraction, again not painful. But when I started to get out of bed it felt like I had started to pee. I thought 'wow I need to hurry to the bathroom', but once I actually got out of bed I knew it was my water breaking. I went to the bathroom and then came back, looked at the clock it was just around 7:40, and then woke DH up to tell him he was going to need to call in to work and tell them he wouldn't be in for the next month. When my water broke it was more of a leak that lasted the next few hours.

So DH gets out of bed and asks how I'm doing, fine I say, no painful contractions. I called L&D to let them know we'd be on our way. DH helped me finish packing my bag and I checked to see if DS (he's 21) was home or at work. Luckily he was home with the day off. So DH woke him up to see if he had plans and if he could watch DD. He said he only had something that night but could cancel. Then we woke DD up to tell her we were leaving for the hospital. She was so excited. And off we went. I don't really remember what time we got there, maybe an hour and a half later at the most from when I woke up.

We get settled into our room and met the doctor and staff. The anesthesiologist came in to introduce himself and he asked me if I remembered him. I said you do look familiar and asked him if he was in the little movie I saw on my hospital tour (he was, he's very handsome). He then told me he was my anesthesiologist from last January (2013, when I had a miscarriage and dnc). He was so kind to me back then and just as kind this time around. Anyway he said he'd be back as soon as I wanted an epidural.

Fast forward to hours of contractions getting stronger, more intense, and closer together (when I came in they were about 7 minutes apart). Got my epidural, got checked a couple of times and then around 10 pm I told the nurse that the pressure was getting more intense and she should get the doctor soon. I think we ended up with about 7 people in our room DH said. Since baby's HB would sometimes drop they had put me on oxygen earlier in the day and because she was 4 1/2 weeks early we had extra staff in case baby needed to go to NICU. There was brief talk that if delivery wasn't going well and baby's HB dropped I would need an emergency c-section but we all agreed that wasn't what we wanted. When it came time to push it was hard and they did have to give me an episiotomy and use a vacuum for DD, but pushing went fast and she was out very quickly. Because of being a preemie and the HB scare the pediatric doctor took her over to be examined right away. DH went with her and they were still in the same room, I just couldn't see her. But I could hear her crying She scored excellent on her apgar an 8 and 9. I could hear them say her weight and length. They cleaned her a little and then brought her over for our bonding skin to skin time while they sewed me up. Oh and because of the epidural I couldn't move my left leg on my own for a couple of hours, it was funny because I kept having to ask a nurse or DH to move my leg for me, the foot I could move, but not the leg. She was born with so much dark hair and just loved to be cuddled from the start. She is just perfect.

Sometime on Thursday they tested her bilirubin and her numbers were just high enough to go under the lights. So they brought in the BillyBox (my made up name for it) and got her under the lights with her little eye mask on. She actually seemed to like the box. Maybe the extra warmth or the fact that she couldn't see anything, but she slept really well in there. Well come Friday morning one of the doctors who helped deliver came in and said I was going to be able to go home if I was feeling up to it, which I was, so we thought we'd be going home that morning. But a while later the pediatric doctor came in and said they don't release preemies before at least 48 hours. And since for her 48 hours would be close to 11 pm that meant the next morning at the earliest. They would redo her blood work at 6 that night and see if she could come out of the box. She ended up being out of the box that night. But because I was also still there they kept monitoring me as well, and that night is when my BP started going up to high. And I think you all know the rest from there

March 27th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Here she is in the BillyBox:
Tamara22, HeyBaby and LittleVera like this.

March 27th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story. I am so glad you didn't have to have the c-section. I can't imagine how big she would have been if she went any longer. Glad you are both doing well.
March 27th, 2014, 10:38 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
So happy she's here safe and sound!!!And btw, the Lego Movie was pretty good
LittleVera likes this.

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
March 27th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
So sweet! Glad everything worked out well

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 27th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Veteran
congrats, glad your both doing well!!
March 27th, 2014, 05:55 PM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
Love your birth story, from the drive-in to the friendly handsome doctor to the "BillyBox" - all so great. Truely's a good looking baby! And she blew away those APGARs, preemie and all! Good for her.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 28th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Yea we had one doctor say that she thinks my EDD was wrong since she was doing so well, but then the other doctors all said she acts more like a 35 week old baby and with her tongue problem and the jaundice it points to her being 35 weeks (plus I know for sure my LMP). She's doing great, we got her numbers back this morning and the doctor thinks she is safe from the jaundice coming back.
LittleVera likes this.

March 28th, 2014, 11:28 AM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
Yay for Truely! Glad she's beating the jaundice!

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 29th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Truely! I am glad she is doing so well especially, with being jaundice. I remember my DD#1 sleeping very well under the lights too. It is very warm under the lights. They look like they are sun bathing: )
Boos Moo likes this.
March 31st, 2014, 06:30 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Welcome, Truely! Congratulations!! I'm so glad she's doing so well. I have to keep catching up on the boards, because you must have posted her stats somewhere else?

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
March 31st, 2014, 03:15 PM
Krissy she was born at 10:57 weighing 7 pounds 15.4 ounces and was 21 inches long. She did score an 8 and 9 on her apgar test. When she was seen last week she had almost gained back to her birth weight, so I'm sure by now she has, she has an appointment next week.
krissy1989 likes this.

April 2nd, 2014, 11:00 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
That is awesome! Those really are fantastic stats!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 4th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!! I'm so glad the jaundice is no longer an issue, my DS has to have the bili-lights come home with us & it was less than fun. She had some amazing apgars for being early & such a great size baby!! I'm so glad everything is going well for you guys & that everyone is happy & healthy Enjoy your new little sweetie!
Boos Moo likes this.

April 5th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats! Glad you are both doing so well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search