Meeting Dorian

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 10 Post By geogeek

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To OUT WITH THEIR HEADS ( and bodies ) LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2014, 06:30 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
March 27
8lbs 5oz
20.5 inches long
9:08 pm

I went into my standard 38 week appointments he 27th at 10:10am with DD screaming her head off because she didn't want to be there. We thought my blood pressure was elevated by her rather than the pregnancy so they sent me to take DD to our L&D time babysitter and come back for more testing. When I got back, my BP actually rose. She felt how big he should be and conversed with a couple of OBs in the practice. I was sent straight to L&D from their office.

I called a few people from church and DH to come to the hospital. It took all of them almost 2 hours to get there. I was hooked up to the pit for over an hour before DH got there. They hooked me up right at noon.

I was so bored. I was contracting, but it didn't hurt at all. I barely felt 2/3 of the contractions. At about 4 pm the midwife broke my bag of waters. I thought it would progress faster after that, but it didn't seem to change at all. I got on my hands and knees to try to get him into a better position. At right around 8 pm things really, really picked up. I asked for an epidural and was told that there were a lot of ladies in for c-sections and that no anesthesiologists were available! I was devastated, but still being able to manage even with the pit turned up to the max they were ever going to give to me.

15 minutes later, I swore I was going to die of pain. I was screaming. It hurt like nothing I have ever felt before. Since I was getting close, they halved my pit. It made things better, I was starting to be able to think a little between contractions. I was confused why a nursery person came in around 8:40. There was no way I was that close...right?

From 8:40 to 9 I was yelling for an epidural. I couldn't do this and they were all evil for not getting me drugs. The nurse was amazing, the midwife was amazing, my DH was amazing. I was in delirious amounts of pain and then begged for the pit to get turned off at 9. They turned it off and I was able to start thinking again right when the crazy urge to push came along. They were coaching me to slowly get him out for less tearing. Then his heart rate tanked. He had to get out, and get out now. I pushed though 1 contraction and then had an episiotomy and he was completely out at the next contraction. Ended with a second degree tear, but it wasn't too bad.

DH had to go stand in a corner to not pass out while Dorian was getting his heart rate back to normal and suctioned out so he would breathe. It took a while for him to start doing well. I still had to deliver the placenta and get lots of stitching done. Before I was ready. It was a nice relief when baby was out, but it took 45 minutes to repair everything on my nethers. DH got some good snuggle time with Dorian during that time.

So, it was a really fast, very painful labor once it really kicked in. I am not necessarily proud of my screaming, but dang, pit makes things so unbearable. I can say I had a very unintentional pit induced natural labor though and we survived it. I am in love with my little man and I will add pics when I am home on my laptop.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 28th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad that you got him out quickly and that he's ok, but I am sorry to hear it was so unbearable! I hope you heal quickly and can enjoy your little man!
March 28th, 2014, 07:31 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
I am glad that everything is ok. Have a happy time!! Waiting for pics now

March 28th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats! Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear it was so painful!
March 28th, 2014, 07:49 PM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
Congrats!!!! SO very happy for you and your family!!!
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

March 28th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Oh wow! How crazy! Glad everything worked out and hope you heal quickly.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 28th, 2014, 07:57 PM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry it was so painful And your poor nether region.... Oh man

Congrats on your baby boy <3

March 28th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Veteran
Congrats can't wait to see pics of Dorian!!
March 28th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Congratulations on your healthy baby Dorian. I hope you heal quickly without too much pain.

March 28th, 2014, 08:44 PM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
I can't imagine! Whether it was intentional or not, you should really be proud of yourself for getting through without an epi, esp. when it came to push-time - you did what you had to do for Dorian. Good for you! Congrats, mama.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 29th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You did a great job. Congrats
March 29th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy for you Rachel! Can't wait to 'meet' the little guy.

March 30th, 2014, 08:23 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I probably would have screamed too if I were in your position. For my first, I did pit with no pain meds, BUT, it went a LOT slower than yours did, giving me time to adjust to the increasing pain. Also, I went into it planning for no meds, so I had my mindset going that direction already. I think that has a lot to do with it, and if you're planning to have pain meds and then get told NO at that crucial moment when you're begging for it, I know I would be a basket case. I'm glad they at least turned down the pit for you! I recall asking to turn it down and they said no. That sucked. Did they at least give you a local for all the stitching? They better have! Congrats on your baby boy Dorian, welcome to the world, little guy!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 31st, 2014, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!! So happy he is here safe and sound I feel your pain as far as the tearing, I had 4th degree tears (with epidural) and reconstructive surgery 5 months later! You really have my sympathy for having 2nd degree tearing with no epidural!!!!
March 31st, 2014, 06:30 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
Oy! Glad you and Dorian made it through ok. He's perfect!!

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
March 31st, 2014, 01:12 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm sorry that things didn't quite go as planned! They never do, do they? You did AMAZINGLY, though, and you should be proud of yourself!! Can't wait for pictures!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
March 31st, 2014, 07:09 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
I can totally understand the screaming, and am sure that everyone there understood too! I'm so glad that you and he are doing well.
April 4th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your sweet little guy! He sure entered quickly once things got going! You should be incredibly proud of yourself, I've heard that attempting a natural labor & delivery while on pit is so difficult. The contractions are coming at an unnatural intensity... so, GO YOU!! I hope you are healing up well & getting lots of rest. I know Marsi must be so in love with her new little brother

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search