Along came Zachary!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By isawastar
  • 1 Post By MrsPalumbo
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To OUT WITH THEIR HEADS ( and bodies ) LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2014, 08:41 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
As expected, Thursday we were admitted from the clinic to L&D for an induction. I was in pain, and at the end of my wits with anxiety for his well-being. I hadn't dilated any more and was stuck at 1. To make a long story short, after a horrible night contracting and getting nowhere I had made it to 1.5 when my doctor came to check at 8 am. I cried. All that pain and loss of sleep should have gotten me somewhere!

My doctor leveled with me. He said we could continue with the induction, and he could break my water. He said at 7 I could still end up needing a c-section (he wouldn't let me go any longer than that, and would have possibly stepped in earlier if the situation seemed to call for it). He isn't one to jump to c-sections, so his admitting that he personally thought it was the best option meant a lot. He left us alone for a few minutes to discuss it. I had a feeling it was what we needed to do, so it was scheduled.

There was one operation ahead of mine scheduled, and the doctor over that one ran into issues so mine was pushed back by 2 hours. My prep began at 11, and by then my MIL had managed to get there. Everyone was talking and I was just super grumpy because I was nervous, in pain, and everyone else was happy.

They took me back without DH, saying they'd come back to get him. He couldn't be there for my spinal for some reason, and at first I was pretty upset about that because he's my comfort! The nurse stood there holding my hands though and talked me through it. By the time they brought him in I was all spread out and the curtain was up. DH was just as nervous as I was, and his voice was shaking.

The doctor came in and everything started going really fast, though it seemed to be happening to someone else. I was overwhelmed almost to the point of being detached. DH was squeezing my hand, and then we heard a cry!! It was surreal. The next thing I know I'm looking at my angrily screaming baby boy at 12:04. They asked DH if he wanted to go with baby to cut the cord, and when he said, "okay" I realized he was crying. <3 He kissed my forehead and left, freaked by all the blood everywhere. Apparently I coated the floor.

Then the doctor noticed something not right. "We're going to be here a while." After a minute he asked if I knew I had a cyst. NO! It was slightly larger than a softball, nestled on my right ovary. He asked for permission to remove it, which I gave of course. It seemed to take forever, but he tried to save as much of my ovary as he could and cleaned out my tube before checking the other side. It's been sent off for further testing.

After that it's all a blur. They kept me in observation a little longer than usual - I lost a lot of blood and was on the edge of needing a transfusion but didn't. The nurses kept coming in and congratulating me, telling me what a beautiful baby he is, and finally one was nice enough to take pictures for me and text them. Then they took me to my room, where my sister, niece, MIL, DH's step father, and DH were waiting. I was weirded out by how little I could move. When they brought Zachary I melted.

The pain hit later. I told the nurse I wanted to smack all the people who said that a c-section was the easy way out. She said they're rough, then reminded me I had a bit more than a c-section. I was still released on Sunday.

Though I'm healing "well" and doing "great" DH has to help me get up and down a lot. I guess that's to be expected, and Zachary is totally worth it. With all the expectations of a big baby I'm amazed by how small he seems. NB clothes are big on him!

He's such a chill little guy. Super relaxed unless it's time to change his diaper or clothes, but he's getting better about those things too. He only got us up twice last night. He amazes me and has quite a few people wrapped around his tiny, precious little finger.
Glitz, Justiah, Jessimaaka and 5 others like this.
March 31st, 2014, 09:22 PM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations, he's absolutely adorable! Good luck with your recovery, I am glad DH is home with you. Please keep us posted on what results come back from that cyst.
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

March 31st, 2014, 09:28 PM
Veteran
Great story! Take it easy with the c-section recovery and let your DH help as much as possible. My first section was by far the worse because I didn't know what to expect and it just seemed to take longer to be able to do things like getting up and down without pain. He is such a beautiful little boy!
March 31st, 2014, 10:52 PM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
Not exactly an uneventful experience! Best wishes for your recovery. Zachary is beautiful, and it sounds like he hasn't been too hard on you yet. (: Hope everything comes back OK with the cyst. Please KUP.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 31st, 2014, 11:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, Zachary! I hope you continue to heal quickly and the results from the cyst are all good. Thanks for sharing your story!

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
April 1st, 2014, 01:34 AM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Great! Good luck with recovery. Zachary is really cute and cool! Have a great time!

April 1st, 2014, 05:43 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
Everything surely happens for a reason! Strange how the universe works that way sometimes. Zachary is such a handsome little man! Prayers for a speedy recovery and congrats on your new family!
HeyBaby likes this.

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
April 1st, 2014, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your beautiful boy. So glad he us here and safe. Take it easy and rest as much as possible .
April 1st, 2014, 09:56 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Congrats! He's gorgeous and was so alert!!! Take it easy with your recovery. A section after attempting labour is typically much worse than a scheduled one. And obviously yours was not a run of the mill section. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat, I had an AWFUL recovery last time and can lend a supporting ear.
Gray_baby likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 1st, 2014, 10:13 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! He's super cute! I agree - after my c-section I sneered at anyone who said it was the easy way out. Yuck. Take it easy but remember to walk and not sit too much - you'll get so stiff!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
April 1st, 2014, 11:01 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Congratulations! He is beautiful. I hope you recover fast.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 1st, 2014, 12:05 PM
Super Mommy
WOW! So grateful that you ended up doing the section so they caught the cyst. He looks SO alert! What a cute baby

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
April 1st, 2014, 07:00 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Zachary is adorable. Good luck with your recovery.
April 3rd, 2014, 12:15 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congratulations! He's absolutely precious! I'm really glad they caught the cyst; I hope you recover quickly!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 4th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh his little face is SO sweet!! I'm sorry you ended up with a c-section, but in a way I'm really glad it happened the way it did so they could catch & remove the cyst! My SIL is going through a situation right now with a large cyst on her right ovary & it's making it very difficult for her & my BIL to conceive. I hope the test results come back with good news & you are able to rest up! Zachary is absolutely a gorgeous baby boy! Congratulations!!

April 5th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wishing you a speedy recovery. He's beautiful!!! Congrats to you and DH.

April 5th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats! He's a cutie!
April 12th, 2014, 07:17 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He's adorable!! Congratulations!!
April 15th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Justiah's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats he is a cutie! I hope and pray you have a speedy recovery. It is great that he is so laid back. Enjoy your new little man

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search