Surprised to meet Mackenzie!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes
  • 7 Post By madismama16
  • 1 Post By NehaT
  • 1 Post By LittleVera
  • 1 Post By Leah1216
  • 1 Post By ChiChica
  • 1 Post By MrsPalumbo
  • 3 Post By katiep726
  • 1 Post By juliebee123
  • 1 Post By love.our.logan579
  • 1 Post By SarahSmile
  • 1 Post By krissy1989
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Moi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To OUT WITH THEIR HEADS ( and bodies ) LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2014, 07:34 PM
Veteran
Sorry this is Ridiculously long gonna go through everything! DH and I decided to go team green because we thought the mystery and anticipation would be fun. Well it was! Throughout my pregnancy we played the guessing games, predictors, and gut feelings, and the two of us as well as 99% of the people in our lives felt it was a boy so I started to identify LO as a boy.

Birth story
At my Dr appts for the past 3 weeks I was dilated to 1cm 50% effaced. Each time I went I swore there would be more progress and at my appt thursday I was so discouraged when my Dr basically told me my cervix was less than 50% and barely 1cm. I wanted this little baby out!!
I have been taking epo pills for the past 2 weeks and drinking 4 cups of raspberry leaf tea for the past 3 weeks because I really wanted a natural birth and heard this helps. I really didn't prepare too much other than read 2 chapters in book I found on amazon but figured hey let's give it a whirl!

So it was really nice here Monday so DH and I went to Cheesecake factory and I had spicy food (which isn't out of the ordinary but I think it contributed today!) When DD got home from school we went for a 30 min walk around the neighborhood. I ate half a pineapple my mom brought me partly because I heard it can jump start contractions, but also because it was the best pineapple I've had in awhile!
Lastly I bounced on my exercise ball for about 1 hr.

So it's now 12am and I figure let me just relax and watch some golden girls before I go to bed and prep for my crazy work day tuesday.

Well at 1am on the dot I start having period cramps. I never really had a lot of intense contractions with DD because I was so excited to be in labor that I went to the hospital too soon IMO. So I didn't say anything to DH and started to time them on my contraction app. They were coming a consistent 5 min apart lasting 30-45sec each time. I was like hmm ok so I told DH, he immediately got excited but I was like let me take shower and see if they stay like this. I thought they might be BH since I did every trick in the book to start labor... I never thought it would work!

So getting ready to get in the shower my bowels are seriously emptying so I call the Dr and notice when I wiped a little pink also. She told me she thinks my water broke so come on. I called my mom so she could come watch DD and she was like are you serious lol I forgot to mention we hung out over there for about an hr throughout the course of the night as well and she said I had another week or 2!

So I knew I had some time before she got there so I took my shower and when I got out contrax were now 3 min apart lasting 45 sec-1min. We still had about 10 min before my mom got there so I told Dh go ahead and jump in the shower... I shouldn't have he took what seemed like FOREVER!

So it's now 2am I'm downstairs waiting for my mom to come and DH to come downstairs and I was again on the toilet struggling. For some reason the contractions felt so much better sitting there!
So finally after I yelled for DH to come the hell on we left for the hospital at 2:12am.

The drive to the hospital SUCKED!! It's 35 min away. Half the ride is windy streets, the other half is filled with ridiculous potholes which this stupid city refuses to fill! So we are only 3 min from the hospital and I told DH to pull over immediately I opened the door and threw up like I never have before! It was crazy it was a lot of heaving and pineapple LOL. So he was like you ready I told him to go ahead and drive, bad idea I didn't make it to opening the door I just threw up out the window and it landed all on the side of the car!

So we pull to emergency and I go in STRUGGLING. Although I preregistered and the girl can see I am obviously in pain she asks for my insurance card and license. I find insurance and fumble for the license (which I still can't find) so she says nevermind when DH walks in and the orderly takes me to L & D. We get in and the nurse takes me to the room. We do all the usual questioning and I'm actually ok. At 3:30 they finally come and check me and I'm 5cm 80%! I was like ok we're getting somewhere but also thought I can't get through these contrax for another few hours without an epi. The nurse had already asked me and I told her not now but then I was like I'm not being superwoman I didn't prepare myself so I asked for it.

While I'm waiting for the nurse to bring back the IV I had to pee for the 3rd time since getting to the hospital. I go to the bathroom and OMG the contrax are ridiculous. DH came in and had to physically pick me up off the toilet to take me back to bed. It was crazy!

I was in my squirming while the nurse put the IV in and I started screaming "I gotta POOP" LOL I said it like 3 times. I remember DH's face had the OMG please don't poop look! Then all of a sudden I was like "I gotta PUSH". Needless to say there was no time at all for an epi. I went from 5cm to 10cm in less than 30 min!!

I was nestled in the side of the bed turned and the nurse was trying so hard to get me to lay flat. I finally did and she told me to open my legs, I was like NO!! She was like you can do it, DH was calming me down so I finally opened my legs and was flat on my back. The nurse said ok now push. LOL I refused I was reaching for a higher power at this point, I really don't wanna scare anyone thinking of going natural but that shhh hurt like a mother!! No breathing techniques, no focus or concentration worked.

So finally I said if I want the pain to end I'm gonna have to push. The nurse said count to 10 and keep pushing I counted to 2 and quit LOL. She yelled at me (in a sweet way) and was like "Look at me... LOOK AT ME!!" SO I did and pushed with everything I had and I felt that **** ring of fire and one second later the baby was born!!

Knowing it was a boy I just laid there tired as crap and then DH said "It's a GIRL" I was like what the.... I was completely shocked. She played the best April Fool's joke on me ever!!

Mackenzie Emma was born 4/1/14 @ 3:53am
Start to finish total labor was less than 3 hrs!!

Not the birth I thought of AT ALL but wouldn't have it any other way. It's 2 days later and I feel amazing and so in love with my second little Princess!

Here are a few pics of my cutie pie!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry pics are so big didn't realize lol
April 3rd, 2014, 09:18 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow!!! That was crazy birth story!!! Congratulations!!!! Pics are awesome!! Very cute girl!!!!!!
madismama16 likes this.

April 3rd, 2014, 10:48 PM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
I thoroughly enjoyed your birth story! And what a cutie! Really hoping I can catch this short-birth bug, too!
madismama16 likes this.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
April 4th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She has so much hair. So cute! That sounds like a quick crazy birth. Hope you are feeling ok.
madismama16 likes this.
April 4th, 2014, 05:44 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, amazing story and beautiful little girl!
madismama16 likes this.

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

April 4th, 2014, 05:55 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
Such an awesome story! She's beautiful and the HAIR! Congratulations Mommy!
madismama16 likes this.

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
April 4th, 2014, 05:59 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg!! Every birth has been such a crazy story. Dh has decided to come home this evening instead of waiting and I'm really glad!! I doubt anything will happen but after reading about all these super quick deliveries I'm glad he is!! I love that she was such a surprise! Makes me wonder what this baby will be!! Sorry I made this about me but congrats and I'm so glad you all are doing so well!!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
April 4th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats! she is a beauty. love her hair
madismama16 likes this.
April 4th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your sweet baby girl! What a wonderful story! Look at all of her gorgeous hair I hope you guys are all doing great at home!
madismama16 likes this.

April 4th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Veteran
Thanks ladies!! The hair=heartburn myth is another one busted! With DD I had terrible heartburn and her hair was shorter. With this little girl no heartburn at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiep726 View Post
Omg!! Every birth has been such a crazy story. Dh has decided to come home this evening instead of waiting and I'm really glad!! I doubt anything will happen but after reading about all these super quick deliveries I'm glad he is!! I love that she was such a surprise! Makes me wonder what this baby will be!! Sorry I made this about me but congrats and I'm so glad you all are doing so well!!
Yea she def was a surprise! I'm glad your DH is coming home early, these April babies are a trip!!
April 4th, 2014, 09:41 AM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was intense!! Congrats <3
madismama16 likes this.

April 4th, 2014, 11:21 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Amazing job, mama!! She is beautiful! You describe natural labor the way that I did with my second - not much seemed to help! I begged for the epi too but didn't get it in time. I still want another natural birth, though, haha!
madismama16 likes this.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 4th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Veteran
Haha Krissy I do too!! As wild and painful as it was baby #3 will def be natural.... but more prepared!
April 4th, 2014, 04:21 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Sounds like the last 3 hours of my labor! Congratulations!!
madismama16 likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 4th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Another quick one! Congratulations on your 2nd princess!!!! And I let my DH take a shower last time and I was banging on the door yelling we gotta go! LOL This time he had the quickest shower of his life, he learned hahaha.
madismama16 likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 4th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! She sure did play a great prank on you.
madismama16 likes this.

April 4th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Super Mommy
What a great story! Congrats on your little girl!
madismama16 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search