Kasey's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Blue Eyes 409
  • 1 Post By MrsPalumbo
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By SarahSmile

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To OUT WITH THEIR HEADS ( and bodies ) LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I got to the hospital and was taken back to prep for surgery they told Hubby to sit in the hall while they gave me my spinal and they would bring him in within 5 min. They wheeled me in the room and put me on the table. They went to take my blood pressure as I was having my spinal and my BP was very low ( I think because I was bent over getting a spinal) so they gave me something to bring my BP back up. As they gave me the meds for my BP it went threw the roof and they had to give me something to bring it back down. As I was laying on the table I started having a hard time breathing and turned white as the sheet I was laying on. I kept asking for my husband but they would not send him in till they got me stabilized. When they finally got me stabilized they brought hubby in and as soon as he looked at me he ask what happened evidently he had been in the hall for almost 20 min and I was so pale he knew something had happened. As hubby was holding my hand I think he was more worried about me then he was having the baby. He held my hand and talked to me trying to get me feeling better as we were waiting on Kasey to make his arrival. I looked at him and said get the camera he is coming so he stood up and watched as they brought him out. He had the biggest smile on his face and said wow he is so small. They held him up for me to see for just a min then took him over to clean and stimulate him. I knew right away he was not breathing right I watched as they put oxygen on him and called the NICU to come get him. I was then wheeled to the recovery room where I laid in bed and shivered from being in shock for almost 4 hours.

Kasey was taken to the NICU "transition" room where they took two hours to decide if he went to NICU or was able to go with me. He ended up in the NICU 2 hours later. When I left recovery they took me to NICU so I could get a peek at him but I was not allowed to touch him just look at him. In the morning I went do to see him and was able to hold him for the first time. They started cutting back his oxygen till he was able to breath himself. So 48 hours later he was finally able to come to my room.

Kasey James 6lb 15Oz 19 inches long

Tersh, Glitz, krissy1989 and 3 others like this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
April 10th, 2014, 10:18 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
Pretty scary stuff, Mama. Glad you're both ok now though, and I hope little Kasey continues to thrive
Blue Eyes 409 likes this.

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
April 10th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Glad he's home with you now and they were quick to act with his breathing. That must have been scary, hope your recovery is going well.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 10th, 2014, 10:45 AM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad you are both okay! He is precious <3

April 10th, 2014, 05:40 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm glad everything turned out all right! That must have been so frightening and worrisome. He is absolutely precious!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 10th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Scary. So glad you are both ok now.
April 11th, 2014, 12:36 AM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
Ah man, how terrifying! That's a strong little guy you got there! Glad you're both OK, mama. He's so beautiful. Please keep us posted on your recovery (loving the photo updates of Kasey, too! Keep 'em comin'! ).

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
April 11th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Super Mommy
How scary! Glad you are both now doing well. He's a cutie!
April 11th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Justiah's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow, Sounds very scary! You have a strong little man... I pray you both will have a quick recovery.. Congrats on your beautiful baby boy..

April 11th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Veteran
I am sorry he had to spend time in the NICU. He is a beautiful baby!
April 12th, 2014, 06:57 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow sounds like it was a little bit of an upsetting delivery but so glad everyone turned out healthy and no major complications.
April 12th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everyone. As rough as the delivery was I am glad that it happened when it did the risk to carry him another week were just to high

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
April 12th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad you are all doing well. Welcome sweet Kasey.

April 21st, 2014, 06:03 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds scary. Glad you're both ok.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search