Joseph "Joey" Christopher

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Tersh
  • 1 Post By Tersh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To OUT WITH THEIR HEADS ( and bodies ) LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Here's the story and a pic:

I got to the hospital at 6:00 am for my scheduled c-section. My previous section was delayed by 8 hours, so I expected some delay.

Nope! By 7:00, I was prepped and waiting, which scared me. By 7:20, we were being walked to the OR. I was panicking - I just have not had good experiences with my sections before.

I get on the table, they start freezing and it takes a while to get the numbing agent to work. It does, they lay me down and immediately, my heart rate goes ballistic. Remember the part where I said I am "prone to odd medical complications"? Well, short back story: I had a heart condition from 1999 to 2008, called PSVT. (Supraventricular tachycardia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia However, I had an ablation in 2008 and never experienced the problem again. Until I was laying on that table. So, of course, because they are trying to get baby out, the people at the bottom half of the table are working on that, and the people at the top are working on this heart rate. It came back down on it's own, and I was just anxious and nauseous during the procedure.

As they pulled baby out, he let out a cute squawk. I looked over at him as they brought him over and he was small. I knew immediately he was smaller than my other two. 6 pounds, 9 ounces, 19.5 inches.

Sewing me up took some time and then off to recovery. Joey was a bit shaky cause of the blood sugars, so I nursed while trying to stave off the effects of the Fentanyl. After a while, it was back to my room. Just as the last of that awful narcotic was wearing off, the heart rate spiked again. Of course, at this point, they had taken monitors off and no one was in the room, so none of it was caught on the records. But, there was a panicky call from me to the nurses, asking them to come asap to get it under control. I think the heart rate was above 200, but not for long. Anyways, I am not sure what made that happen. I thought that problem was now gone so it worries me a bit, but oh well.

The main part is, Joey is here!!! He's been sleepy and whatnot, but seems pretty happy and content for my third baby! Of course, my other two are super excited!

Glitz and madismama16 like this.

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

Last edited by Tersh; April 18th, 2014 at 08:04 PM.
April 18th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
Oh he is just precious!! Congrats!

Thank you, Claire1979, for the siggy!
April 18th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
He is SO cute! Congrats! The reaction sounds scary though :/

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 18th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats! He's adorable!
April 18th, 2014, 10:42 PM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
How handsome he is! Congratulations.

Quite scary about your heart rate, though. I hope your condition does not recur and that you get answers soon, mama. Please keep us posted.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
April 19th, 2014, 07:58 AM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!!! cute picture!!!And that was really scary with heart rate..!!!!!

April 19th, 2014, 08:03 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
So precious!! He's adorable! Congratulations! I really hope that your heart rate episodes were just a fluke and continue to stay away.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 19th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He's beautiful. Sorry about your hr. Hopefully it was just a fluke. Glad all is well now.
April 21st, 2014, 06:01 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's pretty scary about your heart rate. Yikes. My second was 6lb 9oz and 19.5in. - so small and cute.

Congrats!!!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
April 21st, 2014, 06:14 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I may have missed a post, but are you home yet? I'm sorry your HR was pretty crazy. But what a cutie, congrats!

April 22nd, 2014, 05:45 AM
Veteran
Wonderful - he's very sweet!
April 22nd, 2014, 09:25 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, adorable! I'm sorry for the scares you had, and so glad you and baby are doing well!

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

April 24th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Thanks all! The hospital was pretty eager to boot me out - I had him at 8:28 Wednesday morning and was home by 10:30 Wednesday night. They assumed that 3rd kid=easy peasy, when in reality, I would have enjoyed the extra day! Oh well.
Boos Moo likes this.

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

April 28th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Veteran
Congrats! I can't belive they discharged you so soon! I had to beg them to let me go after 48 hours and even then they thought I should stay an extra day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search