All I wanted..An April Baby!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By NehaT
  • 1 Post By Moi
  • 1 Post By krissy1989
  • 1 Post By ChiChica
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Justiah
  • 1 Post By juliebee123

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To OUT WITH THEIR HEADS ( and bodies ) LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2014, 02:33 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
D-Day was coming nearer and I was getting anxious to meet my daughter. People started asking me questions about baby's arrival. But here I was with no contractions, no cramps till 20-21 April. Still 5 more days to go..I thought! Cramps increased day by day. But I was just a finger tip dilated on my due date - 26 April. Dr decided an induction on 30 April as I wasnt feeling any contractions. I did lose mucus plug but nothing was happening.

I was panicking in crossing April..I really wanted April baby.

At 9:30 morning on induction day, Dr started with cytotec pill. I did not feel any contractions afterwards. I was laying on my bed watching TV and eating ice chips..(The most hated part of my delivery..I needed water...)

At 1:30 pm resident Dr checked me and I was 2 Cm dilated. So she gave me another pill. And then the real nightmare of induction started. I got pain medication through IV but it was not helping with contractions. Around 4 pm, I asked for epidural. Anesthesiologist came, kicked my husband out of room. She thought he might be distraction for me. I was not going to argue about anything. All I needed was pain relief. I got epidural! I was really relaxed and was laying on my back.

Around 5 30 PM..when I opened my eyes, I saw 4 Dr, 3 Nurses around me. And my husband was holding my hand with tears in his eyes.
I asked him what happened.. He wasnt sure..but from his face something serious happened.
Dr told me..My blood pressure went crazy down and I was unconscious.Baby's heart rate went down from 160 to 30. They gave me some shot and then things went back to normal. I was really worried and started checking baby's heart rate every 5 minutes. I was on oxygen mask for later on.

So at 7, nurse shift changed. And awesome nurse came. She was really energetic, talkative and was very attentive, better than the previous one. She told me that I was getting contractions pretty good..2 minutes apart. That was a good news.

Around 8:30 Dr checked me and I was 9 cm.. Yayy.. I was sure to have April baby now... My water broke and then Dr told me that she will come in another 5 minutes. In 5 minutes, I was 10 cm. I started pushing by that time.I pushed almost 15 times and then Dr told me that she will be using vacuum for delivery as babys heart rate dropping with every push due to cord wrapped around her neck. With 5 more pushes and vacuum, she was out.

Dr called pediatrician as she was covered in meconium. She got hematoma because of vacuum. But was all healthy 6.6 pound baby.

They cleaned her and was about to give her to me. But I started shivering badly. My hands were shaking a lot. I started feeling itchy. (And I remember the video that freaked me out about epidural..same happening to me..) I told my husband to hold her.

They gave us 1 hour "us time" and then I was moved to recovery room.

I got second degree tear, bad hemorrhoids, constipation and itchiness. But all seems worth now.

My sweet baby is here.. Maithili was born on 30 April at 9:12 pm estern time.. She was awesome with latching..(Giving me little hard time now by fist sucking)

And my wish came true.. An April Baby! The smartest one

Justiah and HeyBaby like this.

May 10th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Super Mommy
You had some scary moments there! Glad you are both doing well and that you got your April baby!
NehaT likes this.
May 10th, 2014, 09:03 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
She is BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations! I'm so glad you both quickly recovered from those scary moments.

She shares a birthday with my oldest. And the fist sucking drives me crazy too!!
NehaT likes this.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
May 11th, 2014, 07:07 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh how scary! But I'm so glad you and baby are doing well now!
NehaT likes this.

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

May 11th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
What a gorgeous little girl! Congrats!!!!
NehaT likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 11th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Justiah's Avatar Super Mommy
AWE!! She is so cute... I am so sorry you had a hard birth experience. But you are finally done with being pregnant and you have a beautiful baby girl to enjoy. Congrats again!!
NehaT likes this.

May 12th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad she is here and is healthy.
NehaT likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search