Feeling hypocritical

Forum: Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2006, 08:18 PM
NCMomma2BE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love all my tats and piercings and don't regret getting them at all, however lately I've been wondering if having tats is going to encourage my daughter to get them. I am all for body art, however I know young teens tend to go through phases and not think about things before doing them. I know it seems hypocritical of me, but I don't want my daughter coming home with tats at 13yrs old! I know it's early to be thinking about this since she isn't even born yet, but I'm wondering if any of you have experienced this with your children???

<div align="center"></div>

*We loved you from the very start, you stole our breath, embraced our hearts. Our life together has just begun, the most precious gift, our little one!*</span>
<span style="color:#3366FF">~Sara~ Mommy to Rylee 6.30.06, wife to Chris 1.6.04 & married on 1.24.07
February 28th, 2006, 08:40 PM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have thought about it, my dd is only 6 and she thinks they are the washable tattoos and I am going to let her think that for awhile....My dh has lots of them and she knows what they are on him cause they are everywhere on him.. mine are on my belly and she does not see them very much.

I think when she gets older I will talk to her about it and when she turns 18 I will support her as long as she goes to a professional.
February 28th, 2006, 10:55 PM
charitymerrill21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ive thought about this too. But dh and i have talked about it, and if she wants tatts, she'll have to wait till shes 18. Piercings is a different story. As a teenage I had them, and it wouldnt be fair if i said she couldn't. I guess we'll see how it turns out. She can have her own style, she just can't get into the type of trouble that some of the styles brings along.
March 1st, 2006, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i got my tattoo at 16 i would allow it at that age. i have no problems with piercings either. so i guess we will just have to wait and see for sure its still a long time

March 2nd, 2006, 01:46 AM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
i actually read something about this somewhere recently- it said that for a piercing, ask them to think about it for a couple of months before you allow it, and allow up to six months as a consideration period for a tat. if your child still wants the [/i]exact[i] same tat after six months, go ahead and allow it. that sounds like fairly good advice to me. it also said to encourage a very small tat in b&w, but i'm not sure i buy that b/c everyone i know who got a tiny b&w tat for their first has ended up hating it and getting it covered. anyway, i think i will use this for my DD, i'll have to wait and see at what age i think she should be able to choose, i think every child is going to be different in that respect
March 2nd, 2006, 02:33 PM
charitymerrill21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i actually read something about this somewhere recently- it said that for a piercing, ask them to think about it for a couple of months before you allow it, and allow up to six months as a consideration period for a tat. if your child still wants the [/i]exact[i] same tat after six months, go ahead and allow it. that sounds like fairly good advice to me. it also said to encourage a very small tat in b&w, but i'm not sure i buy that b/c everyone i know who got a tiny b&w tat for their first has ended up hating it and getting it covered. anyway, i think i will use this for my DD, i'll have to wait and see at what age i think she should be able to choose, i think every child is going to be different in that respect[/b]

that is a good idea. Thanks for the info!
March 3rd, 2006, 12:19 PM
irishxrose
My DF and I were talking about this last night actually...

We decided that at 16, they can get a tattoo. I got my first at 16, and I had to wait six months before I got it. My mom made me think and think about it, and that's what I plan on doing.

Piercings, I'm going to let them get them around 14/15. That's when I started piercing myself, and I really don't want them to do what I did. I would much rather take them someplace to have them done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search