When is TOO young???

Forum: Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2006, 11:34 PM
Mommyof3Hoppers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommyof3Hoppers
When will you allow your child to get a tattoo or piercing? Will you allow your child to get either???

What are everyone's feelings about this topic when it comes to your children???

I personally will ok a piercing after the age of 16 and probably a tattoo then too BUT only if they have thought long and hard about what they want and they don't just want to go pick some random thing off the flash wall!!!

What do you ladies think?
What will you do?

Look me up on Facebook - Meighan Hopper Bloomington, Illinois
March 3rd, 2006, 11:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Noelle
I think 15 for piercings, and 18 for tattoos. I think that by 15 they are responsible enough to get a real piercing and take care of it. Unless he/she shows me that they are responsible before then.. I guess I will just have to wait and see, but in Seattle you have to be 18 to get a tattoo, no ifs ands or buts. And I'll let my kids get their ears pierced whenever they want. I was 5 when I got mine, and they have never had any problems.

March 3rd, 2006, 11:45 PM
charitymerrill21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
]

i will allow her to get a piercing at 14. that was the age i got mine. and i just want to be fair. the only thing though, is like someone else said on here, when she wants one, im going to have her wait a few weeks to see if she'll still want it or not.

tattoos will have to wait till she's 18. Also if she wants the piercings, she has to stay out of trouble and do good in school. if not they come out.
March 4th, 2006, 06:12 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
16 for both...but I would have to approve of the piercing and tatt first before they went and did it.

March 4th, 2006, 07:43 AM
amymarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to amymarie Send a message via MSN to amymarie Send a message via Yahoo to amymarie
16 for piercings..and then only selectively. LIke a nose or a navel. No eyebrows, no tongue, no lip...and certainly nothing below the navel.

Tatoos, I would make them wait forever if I could....it's something I would want them to give YEARS of thought to. At least 18. Period.

Billy Lewis: The Heart of the Light!

<div align="center"></div>
March 4th, 2006, 08:33 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
15 for piercings, because a ) that's when I first got mine, and B ) its easier then tatts because they're removed easier.. For tattoos, 18. Maybe a little bit sooner, but only if they show maturity and the tatt really has meaning..
March 4th, 2006, 09:50 AM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tattoos they have to wait till at least 18. As far as piercings go when they understand thats what they are and know that they will have it done with a needle. Im guessing 10ish.
March 4th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Kristimomto2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For piercings I would allow at 16 but only certain piercings as Amymarie had stated (selectively). As for tattoos I would allow it at 18.
March 4th, 2006, 01:07 PM
kim79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kim79 Send a message via Yahoo to kim79
I would have to say 16 for both. Besides ears because she already has them. But they would definantly have to be serious and if I think they are "mature" enough. I don't want it to be something they are getting because it's cool for the moment and"everyone else mom let's their kids". They also have to have good grades for a little while after they ask for whatever it is they want. Also they have to pay for it. Now thats my opinion but DH is probobly going to say never!!

March 4th, 2006, 01:48 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
it totally depends on what exactly my girls want. my 3 yr old DD wants her ears pierced. that's fine- we plan on doing it sometime this month. she also wants her tongue pierced. i said no. tatts- we'll see when we get there. and the waiting period will be at least six months.
March 4th, 2006, 02:24 PM
irishxrose
14/15 for piercings, and 16 for a tattoo. Those are the ages I got mine. However, they have to think long and hard about it, and they have to have good grades before I will even consider letting them get it.
March 4th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
In the state of North Carolina, no one under 18 can get a tattoo, period. Honestly though...i think thats a good law, i don't think u should tattoo a minor anyway. Piercings, i would allow ears any time but anything else i would say wait til your 18. maybe thats harsh but thats just me.

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>
March 4th, 2006, 05:10 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
Quote:
16 for piercings..and then only selectively. LIke a nose or a navel. No eyebrows, no tongue, no lip...and certainly nothing below the navel.

Tatoos, I would make them wait forever if I could....it's something I would want them to give YEARS of thought to. At least 18. Period.[/b]
I couldn't have said that better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search