Lurking a bit.. Need some opinions?

Forum: Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2011, 08:29 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I'm sort of a body modification freak.. LOL
I get in a "Funk" that I really want to do SOMETHING with my body.
Lately I've been in that funk and it's driving me crazy!
I already dyed and bleached my hair a couple times AND got a hair cut (nothing drastic, sadly)
So now the next in line is a piercing.
I currently have 5. 2 in each ear and my lip.
2 of my ear piercings are stretched to a 2 gauge (not going any larger, of course. And I know from previous experience that once I remove them, the holes will shrink to normal and even close if I leave them out long enough), and I have my 3rds done.
Yes, that means I missed where the second holes in the ear lobe.. LOL I was stretching my ears at the time and the piercer suggested I do the 3rd holes and get the 2nds once I stopped stretching.
Except I noticed I have a severe allergy to cheap earrings after I got those done..and since that discovery, they've been really temperamental..
So my piercings get off and on irritated/infected. Not the stretched ones, but the 3rd hole piercings.
So due to the off and on complications, I'm avoiding ear piercings until I figure it out.

That leaves me with two options..
Tongue, which I think is an amazing piercing (and not for "that" reason.. LOL) or bellybutton, which is also a nice one, but would be covered up for quite some time. I was mauled by a tiger (or pregnancy..) and I'm very stripey, even a year later!

What do you ladies think?

I'm leaning towards tongue,
but I'm still breastfeeding my daughter, so I'm worried about not eating enough due to swelling?

Anyone have it done?
How long did swelling last?
How much did the piercing hurt at first?
Day after?
And after that?
How long until you could speak normally?

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
January 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I don't know much about tongue piercings sorry. But I do think it sounds like a good plan. Although the tiger mauling may never be completely gone . I hope someone can come along and help out more. I think the swelling doesn't take to long. It would be rough to BF and not be able to eat. The mouth is the fastest healing area or one of them. You can always take it out if it doesn't work out.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 30th, 2011, 09:35 PM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Anyone have it done? I have.
How long did swelling last? Maybe a few days.
How much did the piercing hurt at first? The piercing itself wasn't to bad.
Day after? Bad, it hurt to eat for a few days.
And after that? I think it took about a week before it didn't hurt anymore.
How long until you could speak normally? A couple of weeks. Just getting used to having the barbell in your mouth.

The barbell they first use is super long to accomodate swelling, so that was weird, but as soon as I could I bought a shorter barbell and after awhile I couldn't even tell I had it.

February 3rd, 2011, 07:06 AM
*KittyCat*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone have it done? I had it done, i loved it, it was my favourite piercing out of all 18 i used to have!!
How long did swelling last? a few days, i spoke with a bit of a lisp.
How much did the piercing hurt at first? Piercing was fine, it was afetrward where i felt i couldn't speak cause of the swelling, and the new sensation of the barbell
Day after? i just remember a dull ache.
And after that? Just achey if i remeber rightly
How long until you could speak normally? It was all a bit funny until after i got the change down to the smaller barbell

I've had to take mine out now, i was gutted to have to, but i developed a habit of chewing on the barbell , and i ended up with chipped and broken teeth. The final straw came when i was eating and i full on accidentally bit the barbell and broke a molar. It hurt like hell. But, i really miss having it, as i say, it was my favourite i've ever had.

February 3rd, 2011, 11:23 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have my tongue pierced but I do have my belly button done. When/If you get it done, come back and show it off!!!

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search