Your kids and body mods

Forum: Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2011, 07:23 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What age would you let your child(ren) get their first body mod?? Would you support them if they wanted body mods??

(NO debating, please.)

=May '05 and '11

February 25th, 2011, 07:12 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Adrea was 5 when we let her get her first ear piercing. She's 10 and has 3 holes in each ear. I would probably let her get her nose, lip or eyebrow done at 14. Everything else would have to wait until 18 (other piercings & tattoos).

February 27th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Id let them get earings before 16, I dont remember when I had mine, maybe 12? Depending on my kid Id probably ok a belly ring at 16 but for tongue/facial piercings id make them wait for 18. My mom made my brother wait and by the time he was 18 he didnt want it anymore. hahaha.
March 1st, 2011, 04:17 AM
*KittyCat*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ears, i'm going to wait until they start asking for them done and they can understand the importance of cleamnig them, i wouldn't get them done when they are babies. I think i'd let them have ears done at around six.

Other than that, while they were still at school, i wouldn't allow anything but a few ear piercings and a belly button once they were teenage. I don't know what it's like in the US, but schools here won't allow visible facial piercings because of health and safety.

Once they were out of school, they can have what they want piercing wise.

Tattoos, i'd be more strict about, definatly not until they are over 18 and i'd do my best to make sure they did their research, thought long and hard about what they wanted. But, in reality, they'll probably come home with something they'd picked off a wall on the spur of the moment!!

March 2nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
honestly i dont think there is a set age i hate the "age limit" because its not about age...its about maturity...and knowing what they want and what they are getting themselves into
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 5th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ears at any age..anything else, will see how things go. Shes only 3 now.

March 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I'd allow ears if she wanted them around 5 or so, as long as she understood that it will hurt and she has to clean them every day (with my help, of course)
Other piercings I'd wait until about 16, and she'd have to want them for a year at least before she got them, since I wanted my nose for maybe 6 months before I decided it was silly, and wanted my lip piercing for 4 years before I got it done (My mom refused to let me get it done until I was 18)

Lobe more than once, probably 9 or 10 and other ear piercings (cartilage, for example), probably 14 and wanting them for at least 6 months.
I'd allow her to stretch them, with a reasonable limit of staying smaller than a 2g (Point of no return for most) as long as she was at least 14. I did mine at 15, without my mom knowing, and still have them now at the age of 19.

Tattoos I'd do 18.. I think that's the law here, actually.
I want her to be SURE of what she wants. I just got my first after wanting it for a year, and I'm thrilled with it. It has MEANING!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
March 7th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have boys. I think I'd let them get their ears pierced in HS. I think all other piercings/tattoos would have to wait until they are 18. I may change my mind when that time comes though.
March 7th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DD got her ears pierced at about 6 months old. If DS ever wants his done he can have them when he asks. They can have whatever piercing whenever they ask provided they're mature enough to get it and handle it. It is law here that you have to be 18 to get a tattoo so only then. If either is ever asked for a present for birthdays I wouldn't hesitate to get it for them.

March 20th, 2011, 09:07 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Well we did DD's ears at 6 months. She doesn't wear earrings often though. Other piercings we will address when they ask for them. Alot will depend on maturity and what they want. I won't let them get tattoos until they are over 18 but I would still want to help them find a good artist that won't just mess it all up.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 23rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
H1C2's Avatar Life of Love
i am totally flexable. i had ears done younger, had a lot of prbs keeping them clean myself, so that was bad. seeing as i have a son, one and done situ as well, who knows. tat's and piercing, diff story, but its maturity age, age itself like others have said.

and i would never say no, and didnt wouldnt be allowed to say no w out asking me, b/c i have tats and piercings! cant be do as i say not as i do w/ that simple stuff. pick my battles...lol
March 23rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
My oldest DD got her ears pierced for her 3rd b-day. My younger DD is now 4 and says she doesnt want them because they will hurt. Stupid DH doesn't want her to have earrings yet so convinced her they were too painful.

For all piercings/tattoos we'll go on a case by case basis. Nothing gets pierced without their permission and nothing gets pierced without mine

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
March 27th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Trellz Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to praying.4.baby Send a message via Skype™ to praying.4.baby
Ears, whenever..nose ring, belly rings, etc.. i'd say about 16

Loving my life, every minute of it
March 31st, 2011, 11:02 AM
We gave both of our girls the option to have their ears pierced when they turned 5, same age I was. Anything else will wait at least until their teens. Our oldest boy asked about getting his ears pierced and we have decided to wait until he is a teen. Not sure how we will handle anything else yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search