Pain?

Forum: Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So far I only have one tattoo on my inner wrist and it hurt like hell. Part of me wouldn't mind getting another/more but am curious if the pain factor goes away as you get more? Also, what are areas that are less painful?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
April 6th, 2011, 07:13 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
My first two tattoos were on my inner wrist and in some ways those were the worst although the shortest of my four tattoos. I have another on my upper back shoulder area and another on my upper bicep. I am not good with pain but they are so pretty when they are done that I love them . I don't think the pain goes away but I will say that for me the pain was different with each one. The wrist was weird because for me it also vibrated up and down my arm which hurt.
What did you get on your wrist?
Sorry no one has gotten back to you sooner.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 6th, 2011, 07:44 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My back tattoo was the worst one for me. I almost cried during the tattoo. I also have one on each of my feet and the pain was easier to manage.

=May '05 and '11

April 6th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
I just went for my second tat and went with a friend who was getting her fourth. my second is on my right shoulder blade area. it travels from my spine to my arm actually. the closer to the spine the more it hurt. (SO much actually towards the spine). my friend said that her fourth which is on her thigh (her others are: lower back, wrist and calf) and she said that one hurt FAR more than the others. I think the closer to the bone, the more it hurts... that's just my thinking though.

April 7th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone for the input. I'm still a good while away from getting another one, but was just curious y'all's thoughts on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post
The wrist was weird because for me it also vibrated up and down my arm which hurt.
What did you get on your wrist?
Yeah, the traveling pain was weird. I thought the worst was when he went over my vein. (my veins are close to the surface...great for IVs not so good for tattoos.)

I got a design a friend did with all of our (except the oldest's) initials. I didn't get the oldest on there cause she's a foster child (kinship placement) and she had just moved in when I got it done. If we end up having her for a long time, I'll add her to it. I can't get the picture to post so I'll try again later.

April 7th, 2011, 09:02 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Yeah the vein was weird too.
My upper arm was the only one that bruised. I think each area is so different. Hopefully your next one won't be to bad .
Either way I can only sit for about 3 hours and then I am spent.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 7th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had trouble sitting still for just my small wrist one. Not sure I'd be able to sit for hours for a big one. LOL I'd have to make sure my ADHD meds were working well for that to happen.

April 9th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I only have one tattoo but I would say the back is difficult. Comparing it to how descriptive my DH was of an arm tattoo, I would say it was pretty tough. The spine and ticklish spots are the worst. There is a pretty intense pain, but I also found it extremely difficult not to move. It is a body's reaction and hard to suppress.
April 21st, 2011, 05:28 AM
Karen P.'s Avatar Veteran
I only have 2 (with 3 more planned) - I have one on my inner wrist and one on my stomach.. the one on my wrist hurt far worse than the one on my stomach...

I have had the one on my stomach for 14 years.. I wasn't planning on having kids.. interested to see how bad its going to look all huge LOL
April 26th, 2011, 01:40 AM
MammaHutch
I think it depends on the person. I have many tatoos and never suffered any pain at all. I have a VERY high pain tolerance, I have had a cavity before to the point where I needed an emergency root canal and never felt any pain.

Here are all the places I have tattoos: Both wrists, left arm (start of my sleeve), right side of my neck (about 6 inches), back of my neck (about 4 inches), right shoulder blade (about 12 inches), both calves and the top of my right foot. The only one that "hurt" was the right side of my neck and that is only bacause I had to sit in the same position for about 6 hours.

I also have had MANY piercings. I got my nose done when I was 12. I had my lip, tongue, eyebrow, belly button (x2), both ears all done and my chest. Yes my chest, the skin inbetween my boobs. And I also had my finger pierced with a hoop which made it look like a ring.

I now do not have as many piercings as I did when I was in my later teens (17-19) because of my line of work. Now that I am a SAHW I have not put some of them back in.

But, If I had sooo much extra money I would sit in a tattoo parlor all day and have every artist work on me at once bacause I LOVE tattoos!
April 26th, 2011, 06:27 AM
HeavenlyJewel's Avatar Loving Wife and Mom
With mine I got only one on my left arm between my shoulder and elbow. I didn't find it painful at all it stung one or two times but it only felt like as if i was drawing on my skin with a ball point pin and pushing a little to hard.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for making my siggy!

April 26th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My cousin's girlfriend has one in the same place I have (inner left wrist) and she said the pain there was nothing compared to her foot. The way she described it, makes me glad I wasn't planning to get a foot tattoo done! LOL

April 26th, 2011, 09:15 PM
MammaHutch
My foot tattoo did not hurt at the least bit.
April 27th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's so interesting to hear the pain stories of the same areas.

May 6th, 2011, 06:07 AM
mama_reese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got my first tattoo on Wednesday. it's between my shoulders, and it didn't hurt as bad as I was expecting! I mean, it hurt lol... but not horribly. When it got closer to my spine it was worse, but I kind of expected that. The outlining was nothing but the coloring was more painful.

May 10th, 2011, 05:15 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Neither of mine hurt. In fact, I had a hard time sitting still because they both tickled. The first is on my right butt cheek, so I guess a lot of fat there for it to not hurt. LOL The second is on my low back and even near the spine tickled. I'm very ticklish though, and have a high pain tolerance. (I've given birth with no pain meds, because I have such a high pain tolerance.) So, maybe that is why mine didn't hurt.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

May 11th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Kenna04's Avatar Regular
As some of the others have said, I believe it depends on the person/tattoo. I consider myself to have a high tolerance for pain. It's all going to be uncomfortable. Whether it hurts or not, I believe, will depend on the person and location of the tattoo. I have one smack dab between my shoulder blades, right on my spine and the only part of that one that 'hurt' was the bottom left corner of it. It was all uncomfortable but very managable. I also have one on the top of my left foot. It took about 30 mins and was a breeze. The only part of it that was uncomfortable for me, was towards the end of shading, my foot was burning like it was on fire. My cousin has a tattoo on her foot, same placement approximately the same size and she cried like a baby during the tattoo and during the healing process. I don't think you can take anyone else's expierence personally. Everyone is different and every tattoo is different. Depending on the person's pain tolerance, the placement of the tattoo, the intricacy, the time to complete, etc, it's going to be different every time.

June 3rd, 2011, 10:29 AM
My husband said that the inside of his arm hurt much worse than the outside. At my last session I asked my tattoo artist to use a needle on the inside of my arm to compare the pain. It was nothing compared to my back, especially around my spine. That is as far as my experience goes. Also, the type of tattoo and shading will matter with the pain. Detail work with a little liner needle will hurt worse than shading.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search