New work and pools?

Forum: Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2011, 10:54 AM
I have been reading a lot on aftercare for tattoos. As I mentioned in another post I am about to get my first tattoo. I live in a hot climate and pool exposure with the kids is a guarantee. So I am wondering what people have done concerning their aftercare and sunsceen and chlorine exposure. Is it even safe to put sunscreen on a new tattoo? How long should I avoid the pools after a session? Thanks in advance for any advice.

~Mandy
April 6th, 2011, 07:10 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I asked this because I was training for a triathlon so swimming was a weekly thing. I was told 1 month no pools and I believe sunscreen can pull out the ink and wreck a new tattoo. I can't remember the time frame on that one though. I know its only the early weeks though. I would check with your artist as they would be the best source of accurate information. You could always wait until winter when you won't be in the pool as much. The chlorine is really hard on new tattoos.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 6th, 2011, 07:45 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would avoid the pool for ATLEAST a month. I had to get most of my foot tattoo redone because I went to the pool about 3 weeks after I got my tattoo thinking that it was healed....it wasn't!!

=May '05 and '11

April 9th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the replies! My aftercare card says to make sure to use sunscreen but I wasn't sure about how soon. I have been covering up and have put nothing but antibacterial soap and aquaphor on it.

My tentative plan was to go in for a session every 4-6 weeks for a new session. I am really paranoid to get in the pool at all with it so new. What I have done so far won't fade, it is just bloodlining and some shading where the sun won't reach. I told my DH that he was on pool duty this summer. He will be the player and I will be the lifeguard. When he is not around I will have my youngest in wading pools where I can completely cover with a cover up and not get it soaked. Yep, probably should have waited to start this. Oh well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search