After pregnancy tattoos

Forum: Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2011, 09:53 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
I already have 2 tats and would love to get at least 3 more. The next one I want to get is something I have tossed around for years, but thought it best to do it after I have this little one. The other would be one that my sister and I would share, and the 3rd would be something to symbolize DH.

We have quite a few tatoo shops around where I live, and everytime I drive past them I start itching to go in and get one. Of course I can't right now, but I will as soon as I can. So, how long after a pregnancy would you wait to get inked? I obviously wouldn't be putting it in a spot that needs to shrink back, since neither of my tats are in that kind of an area anyway.

April 8th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Regular
Like I told you, about 15 minutes ago (LOL). Best time would surely be after you have completed breast feeding. But if you are still unsure ask your midwife on your next visit.
April 9th, 2011, 07:57 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
If you are planning to breastfeed you will have to wait until you are done with that. Most shops won't do ink if pregnant or breastfeeding. If you aren't BF then really it would be when you feel ready. Given what your body will go through during L&D you probably won't feel up to it until you have healed some. Good luck with your new tattoos .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 10th, 2011, 06:49 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Thanks Jess. We'll see how it all pans out. Knowing me, I'll go get all my tats done within weeks of each other. I'm really wanting them done. Now I just need to come up with the exact design. I have an idea, it's just a matter of designing it to fit my needs. I have a few months to do that.

April 10th, 2011, 02:27 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Good luck can't wait to see what you get .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search