Question about getting a tattoo and BF a toddler.

Forum: Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2011, 08:42 PM
mama_reese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey ladies! I have had a wonderful time lurking and checking out your tat pics. They're awesome! I have been wanting a tattoo basicall since I turned 18, but never had the time/money. Or I was pregnant and breastfeeding. Now we have money and wanted to get a tattoo for me and my husband as an anniversary present to each other. My question is, my son, who is almost two still BFs in the morning and at night.... I know you aren't supposed to get a tattoo until they are weaned. But if I know the place is clean (we know the people, DH has gotten multiple tattoos there before) and he is older...is there a risk? Should I wait til he weans? I'm asking because we are NTNP and it's really only a matter of time before I am pregnant. I don't want to wait another year +!! I know he is old, but I am more the crunchy type of momma...just one who loves tattoos. I want to wean him sooner rather than later anyways, but I was really thinking of making an appt in the next week or so, now that I know what I'm getting for a design.

Thanks for any help/advice!

April 19th, 2011, 08:41 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think it depends on the studio/artist. I have got 2 whilst bf. I had to sign a form though and my srtist said to express of the milk from after my tatttoo...mainly b/c the adrenilin that goes through your system for pain relief from getting the tattoo...baby could be hyper. LOL

April 20th, 2011, 10:38 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I agree talk to the shop and see what they say. I am not sure the reason behind no BF mommas get tattoos. I understand the no pregnant mommas or at least I think I do . I hope you are able to get something. I would just make sure you aren't pregnant when you go. Good luck. What are you going to get?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
mama_reese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The artist is designing me a tattoo for my son! It's a baseball/red sox themed teddy bear with RJ's initials below it. Thanks for the advice ladies!

My main concern was making sure I'm not pregnant. My cycles have been super irregular, I skipped this last month but took a couple tests (most recently 3 days ago. ) all negatives. I will test again before I make the appointment, but for now we're good to go! (we're going to stop NTNP until after I get the tattoo, to make sure)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search