Wedding Ring Tattoo

Forum: Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommies With Tattoos and Piercings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2011, 11:59 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
DH and I are about to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and are thinking of doing wedding ring tattoos to celebrate. I'm at a loss though, as for what kind of design I like. Anyone have one? Suggestions on style?
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

May 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When my dh and I took a trip for our 10th anniversary, he got his wedding ring tattoo done. It was something we had been talking about for a while. He got his done on 6/4/10.

I was pregnant at the time so I had to wait. But I did get mine done on 2/14/11.

Also, if you google wedding ring tattoos or celtic knots/ropes, you will get a lot of ideas. It was very painful but very worth it. I love my ring so much.

May 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I think it would be cool to get something that looks realistic. you could get a silver or gold colored band, and a solitair diamond tattooed. If it is done well, with great color and shading, I think it could look neat! I like the celtic rope idea too.
May 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I talked to my tattoo artist and was told that it has to be a simple design because of lack of space. (Apparently, he thinks I have little hands!) He also said they don't go all the way around because they tend to fade faster then tattoos in other locations. Have you experienced this premature fading?

I have two ideas that I'm thinking about. One is an Infinity symbol. Very simple and small enough that it won't give him fits on my little hands. Plus it could be covered up with my actual wedding bands in professional situations. The other is a rose with the stem going across the finger. I thought of that because we did a rose exchange during our wedding. But I'm afraid it would be too detailed for the small space.

What do you guys think?
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

May 10th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
the infinity symbol sounds nice! a rose might be too detailed, like you said. Are you guys getting matching ones, or different?

May 10th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Matching. Mike seems to like the infinity symbol idea best too. I think it is because it is small and simple and he's afraid of the pain. LOL It'll be his first tattoo. Yeah, I'm tattooed and pierced and he is as vanilla as can be!

May 10th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
My husband has the word "Forever" tattooed on his ring finger. My rings never come off so it's pointless for me to get one.
May 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I think we've narrowed it down to these two pattern ideas. Either would be done in blue.

This one is probably my favorite, but not sure if it is too detailed for such a small space. That and we don't want it to end up too big to cover with our normal rings.

This one we both love the size of (the infinity symbol not the hang tag thing it is on in this picture) but aren't sure if the shading can be done well or if we would just go with a solid blue.

Wow, the pictures ended up bigger on here! By the size of the second, we meant the thickness of the line making the symbol.

May 11th, 2011, 08:23 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I like the first one but I like the girly look . I don't have a ring done and probably wouldn't just because I wear my ring all the time. I know one of my co workers has his done.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 11th, 2011, 05:26 PM
MammaHutch
I think wedding tattoos are really cool. My DH got one, its a tribal kinda looking design that comes down with a "J" for my name. I will have to get a pic of it and show it to you ladies.
May 12th, 2011, 05:54 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like the simplicity of the second one but the first one is nice too!! GL deciding!!

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search